Photo
* - - - - 4 votes

The 2012/2013 NBA Season Thread

• Please log in to reply
758 replies to this topic

#91 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

I love the hire. Increases the chances that Dwight considers coming to Dallas.

Will be interesting to see how that works out.

Howard is great in the pick and roll, so D'antoni's system may fit him well. He's also a pretty hands off/laid back coach which Howard will probably like after clashing with Stan Van Gundy for years.

#92 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

You guys might not care much but Chase Budinger's set for surgery tuesday or wednesday. Being a huge T-Wolves fan, I was devastated when I heard. He's been by far our best wing (not counting AK47), and losing him for 8 weeks or more just sucks with the rest of the injuries we're dealing with.

Yeah missing Rubio and Love is bad enough but now Budinger..... that hurts.

Not that big a T-Wolves fan, but it's cool to see Budinger get some love here. I remember the Rockets drafting him and I've been a fan ever since. Didn't know he was having surgery. I wish him all the best! He gives us hope that white people CAN in fact jump lol.

#93 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

Lakers would really need Nash to be healthy. Otherwise the team will end up like last year Knicks

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#94 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

Special Christmas jerseys:
Spoiler

#95 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

Posted Image

Not understanding why Dwight would leave at this point, so he can be apart of shitty situation just as bad involving another aging superstar in a even more shittier city :rofl:

Jim Buss is starting to become Al Davis tier. This hire stinks of him and he probably cried to daddy that he didn't want Phil taking his job. Too bad Jerry is too old to take him to the woodshed and put his ego in place. The fact that both pringles and Mike Dunleavy were even in the convo is just laughable. I mean did we even remember about Sloan or Shaw?

#96 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

Good game, Spurs got lucky as shit with a scrub like danny green hitting that shot. Game would have been better if Tiago Splitter wasn't on the ground almost every other fucking play as if he gets shot with a rocket every time there's contact.

#97 Predator21281

Predator21281

The Parking Lot Pimp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

Danny Green ain't a scrub when it comes to threes. And yeah, the Spurs did get lucky. I do think Pau should take more threes, though, just not really the last shot over Tim Duncan.
Brawl Friend Code
Gull 5198 2154 2481

#98 Viol8tor

Viol8tor

Go Lakers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

The funny thing is, nobody would of been that surprised if Pau actually made that 3. Just dont like how he took it with 4 seconds left, even if he was trapped in the corner, call a time out!.

But being in a head coaching transition, starting with our 3rd string PG in Darius Morris and loosing by a missed last shot to a 7-1 spurs: all this after being blown out at Utah less than a week a go... I AINT MAD

And i was probably the only one that wasnt that hot on Re-Re-Hiring Phil Jackson. Do we really expect him to lead us to the promise land at any given call? Yes, he is still the obvious coaching choice, but im not demoralized with this D'antoni hire. Apparently Senior Buss wanted more "ShowTime" era b-ball that led to this decision. Sure, D'antoni teams are not known for defense, but Amare and Melo are not really great examples either. Having the 3 time defensive player at center might help this time around.

If anything, Lakers should be fun to watch. fucken crazy ass start to this Lakers season and we are only 7 games in. :hot: :lol:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#99 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

The funny thing is, nobody would of been that surprised if Pau actually made that 3. Just dont like how he took it with 4 seconds left, even if he was trapped in the corner, call a time out!.

But being in a head coaching transition, starting with our 3rd string PG in Darius Morris and loosing by a missed last shot to a 7-1 spurs: all this after being blown out at Utah less than a week a go... I AINT MAD

And i was probably the only one that wasnt that hot on Re-Re-Hiring Phil Jackson. Do we really expect him to lead us to the promise land at any given call? Yes, he is still the obvious coaching choice, but im not demoralized with this D'antoni hire. Apparently Senior Buss wanted more "ShowTime" era b-ball that led to this decision. Sure, D'antoni teams are not known for defense, but Amare and Melo are not really great examples either. Having the 3 time defensive player at center might help this time around.

If anything, Lakers should be fun to watch. fucken crazy ass start to this Lakers season and we are only 7 games in. :hot: :lol:

No, but Tyson Chandler certainly is. After he was the defensive anchor in the Mavericks' title run and the Knicks payed him $50M, D'Antoni did......what exactly? Oh that's right, resigned as head coach.

This head coaching decision sounds like it was based on money and family issues within the Buss family. Considering the Lakers are one of the most valuable franchises in the NBA, neither should have played any influence IMO.

But as being a long time Lakers hater, it's all a pleasure to watch :D

#100 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

No, but Tyson Chandler certainly is. After he was the defensive anchor in the Mavericks' title run and the Knicks payed him $50M, D'Antoni did......what exactly? Oh that's right, resigned as head coach.

This head coaching decision sounds like it was based on money and family issues within the Buss family. Considering the Lakers are one of the most valuable franchises in the NBA, neither should have played any influence IMO.

But as being a long time Lakers hater, it's all a pleasure to watch :D

The Knicks played fairly good defense last year. It was the iso heavy offense that Melo insisted that they run that killed the team.

#101 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

The Knicks have been pretty good lately. Can they still amnesty Amare?

#102 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

The Knicks have been pretty good lately. Can they still amnesty Amare?

They amnestied Billips for Chandler.

Edited by CaseyRyback, 15 November 2012 - 01:53 AM.

#103 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

By the way its all Melos fault they're 5-0

#104 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

By the way its all Melos fault they're 5-0

They're 5-0 due to hot shooting by JR Smith (on fire from 3) and defensive presence from the new guards and lack of Amare (anyone filling in is a way better defensive player). Don't worry though Melo will find a way to screw this up at some point.

#105 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

The Knicks played fairly good defense last year. It was the iso heavy offense that Melo insisted that they run that killed the team.

I didn't follow the Knicks all last year, but if I remember correctly, their D really improved in the second half of the season when Woodson was in as coach. Chandler won DPOY last year, so obviously there D improved.

But on to more pressing matters, my Rockets just barely eked out a win over the Hornets. Asik had a nice lil double double. They need to work on the D some more and get control of the TOs in prep for the Blazers and Lakers later this week.

#106 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

Monster dunk by Jeff Green over Big Al in last night's Celtics win.

Edited by advanced, 15 November 2012 - 02:06 PM.

#107 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

Gallinari just pulled a lin and lost the game lol

#108 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

Holy shit, the Rockets were crumbling at the end here and then Marcus Morris hits a 3 to tie it up with 10 seconds left.

And now it's going to OT. This is the second time this season we've gone into OT with the Blazers. Lets hope the results are different this time.

#109 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

Wow, Lakers got EMBARRASSED by the Kings tonight.

#110 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

O.J. Mayo is going to get paid this offseason. He looks like an absolute stud right now. Dirk and Mayo could end up being a deadly combo if they build up some chemistry.

Posted Image

#111 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

O.J. Mayo is going to get paid this offseason. He looks like an absolute stud right now. Dirk and Mayo could end up being a deadly combo if they build up some chemistry.

He will get paid if he continues playing the way he is. Wouldn't be surprised if the Mavericks were the ones who locked him up at the end of the season.

#112 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

Wow, Lakers got EMBARRASSED by the Kings tonight.

Hey, they played a great first, like, three minutes :lol: There was just zero energy other than from Kobe last night.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#113 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

The Rockets brought the pain to the Knicks tonight. Just pure domination all game long.

#114 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

Great win for the Celtics tonight over the Thunder. Hoping they can keep that momentum moving forward.

#115 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

What i would give to know what Memphis did in the off season to get Miami Heat treatment.

#116 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

http://sports.yahoo....43191--nba.html

Really sad news. Kevin McHale's 23 year old daughter dead due to complications from lupus. Apparently that's why he missed some time last year. Not gunna lie, I shed a tear or two reading that. Condolences to the McHale family.
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#117 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

Stern is so pathetic for actually considering penalizing the Spurs just cause Pop was looking out for his players, such a fucking joke.

He would have have so much egg on his face if they won anyway, which is funny since they should have won tonight anyway. Literally getting taken to the wire by team missing 6 of its players and needing flop/ref assist to do it on top of that. Your defending NBA champions ladies and gentlemen.

#118 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

Wow. I can't believe that. He needs to retire already. That's a huge joke.

#119 chapnis

chapnis

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

I've watched all the Spurs games this season and that was one of the better ones. Wonder if Stern follows through or not.

#120 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

wtf is going on in this den/GS game lol