The 2012/2013 NBA Season Thread

• Please log in to reply
758 replies to this topic

#181 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

Im glad Stern is done soon because knowing how much he loves those idiots they would have a new team in five years.

#182 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

The Maloofs have really dicked with Sac for years now with the move teases. Sac appeased them just enough to get the Maloofs to scrap deals at the last second. Sac finally develops a plan for a downtown arena and now they decide it's time to bolt. Pisses me off that they had the chance to sell to a group committed to keeping the Kings in Sac and the Maloofs pulled out of that deal last second as well.

I cannot reiterate this enough: anything that takes the Maloofs out of power of this team will be a sweet release. They have been insufferable as owners once the team was out of playoff contention.

Some really bittersweet irony in Seattle gaining a team the same way they lost the last one: at the expense of another devoted fanbase. Apologies in advance that it's such a low-caliber team.

#183 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

wtf? LOL

Posted Image

#184 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

Well it would've been difficult for us to win these last 3 game at full strength. Now it like damn, playoffs are in doubt!!!
Earl Clarke impressed me this past few games, could be a good replacement for Hill who is out for the year now. Lol at Jack leaving and the staple center was damn near empty at the end of the game.

#185 dustdust

dustdust

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

Feel bad for SacTown. The Magoofs ran the franchise into the ground and put up a poor product in order to save money.

Hopefully, they can sell to a local businessman or group and get the franchise back on track.

Untitled.jpg

dustdust_ps.png

#186 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

Feel bad for SacTown. The Magoofs ran the franchise into the ground and put up a poor product in order to save money.

Hopefully, they can sell to a local businessman or group and get the franchise back on track.

Apparently a holdup in the sale to Hansen's Seattle group is the Maloofs still wanting to retain an active role in the team's management. What a poison pill that is: "Yeah we'll sell you this team we've driven to the ground, but we still want to keep calling the shots."
Posted Image

#187 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Delonte is heading to the d league. Hopefully he catches on with someone.

Also which Laker goes? No way they pay 85 million in tax next year.

#188 Predator21281

Predator21281

The Parking Lot Pimp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

Delonte is heading to the d league. Hopefully he catches on with someone.

Also which Laker goes? No way they pay 85 million in tax next year.

As much as I hate saying this, it's going to be Gasol. D'Antoni is an absolute horrid coach. I know he helped pioneer the way the game is played today, honestly. Doesn't mean he was ever good or made smart decisions. Plus, I don't think he even knows what the word adapt means.
Brawl Friend Code
Gull 5198 2154 2481

#189 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

They haven't amnestied anyone yet, have they? Damn, that'd be a big burn on him. That's only if they can keep Howard, right?

#190 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

Pelicans..... mmmm yeah. Not a big fan.

Posted Image

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#191 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

James Harden managed to get himself a All-Star spot even though the Rockets have fucking imploded the last 10 games. Really happy for him, he's a BEAST and has proven he's a legit starter and number one option.

And BWHAHAHAHA at the name of the new NO team. Who the Fuck wants to buy merchandise that has a pelican or even the word "pelican" on it?

#192 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

James Harden managed to get himself a All-Star spot even though the Rockets have fucking imploded the last 10 games. Really happy for him, he's a BEAST and has proven he's a legit starter and number one option.

And BWHAHAHAHA at the name of the new NO team. Who the Fuck wants to buy merchandise that has a pelican or even the word "pelican" on it?

The Scarface tie-ins write themselves, it'll be easy as pie to sell merch.
Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

#193 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Does this mean the Charlotte Hornets get to come back?

#194 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

They haven't amnestied anyone yet, have they? Damn, that'd be a big burn on him. That's only if they can keep Howard, right?

Gasol is too valuable to amnesty. The problem is even if they trade him the teams that will want him probably dont have enough expiring contracts.

#195 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Good for Jo Noah to get his first All Star nod. Guy is all hustle and is a great facilitator. Deng deserves it too for his play and the way Thibs kills him every night.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#196 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Rondo's done for the year with a torn ACL. Boston sports fans just can't catch a break, and pretty soon they'll have to suffer through the Red Sox season.

#197 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

sucks for rondo big time, they should look to deal whoever they can now. scrap next year too, clear the cap, go for broke with rondo coming back full strength after that.

#198 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

As usual, officials gotta make sure to fulfill the durant FT quota, its starting to get ridiculous these last couple of games.

#199 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Call me crazy, but I'm not sold on the Celtics falling apart without Rondo. He's less than league average when it comes to offensive efficiency, and he can't shoot at all. If Courtney Lee and Barbosa get more minutes out of this, floor spacing should improve for Boston.
Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

#200 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Call me crazy, but I'm not sold on the Celtics falling apart without Rondo. He's less than league average when it comes to offensive efficiency, and he can't shoot at all. If Courtney Lee and Barbosa get more minutes out of this, floor spacing should improve for Boston.

I'm curious to see if your theory works out. I don't think they'll fall apart, but I don't think they'll be as good either. I haven't been impressed with Courtney Lee, and Barbosa is mostly a scorer.
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#201 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

The Rockets absolutely DECIMATED the Jazz tonight. It was a 45 point win and the worst home loss in Utah history. They've now strung 3 wins together and if they can beat Denver on Wednesday, then they can end January on a high note after the fucking abysmal run they had earlier in the month.

#202 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Damn I wish the Kings would stay in Sac.

I swear the Maloofs have been running the team into the ground for the last 10 years. No recent big name free agent signings, no money spent on coaching, have some of the lowest payroll in the league year after year... how do you expect the team to be good?

Then you don't sell the team to a local seller and use all of Sacramento's efforts to keep the team to get a better deal with Seattle (who by the way is desperate themselves to get a team). What a bunch of scumbags.

Like someone else mentioned, the only good thing to come out of the deal (as a Kings fan) would be that the Maloofs would no longer own the team.

Can't describe how much it blows that the Kings have been tanking all of these years under the Maloofs only to be traded away. After years of mediocrity, when these horrible owners are finally removed from ownership and the Kings show new hope for change... they are sold to another city.

:-(

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#203 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

The new owner in Memphis sucks. Basically ruined any chance of his team competing for a title in the near future.

#204 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

LOL @ Cuban being the idiot that he is not taking Calderon because he didn't want to part with fucking Wince Carter of all people, thought the bank of Cuban was supposed to be open

#205 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

Looks like Rudy Gay is reportedly heading to Toronto. While this seems like a dumb move on Memphis' part IMO, I'm perfectly happy with it as I'm a Rockets fan and the Grizzles are in our division :D Not to mention the fact the Rockets actually traded the draft pick that became Rudy Gay to Memphis for fucking scraps.

#206 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

LOL @ Cuban being the idiot that he is not taking Calderon because he didn't want to part with fucking Wince Carter of all people, thought the bank of Cuban was supposed to be open

That doesn't make any sense. Carter has a very reasonable contract for the rest of this year and next and he plays well for the 3 million he makes. You would flip that guy for an expiring contract? Had the Mavs had a chance to get some decent assets I am sure they would have thought of parting with him, but not for an expiring contract.

Posted Image

#207 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Watch out the rest of the NBA, because HE is coming

Spoiler

Also good win for the Bulls against the Bucks tonight. Knocking on the door for that second seed in the East cause nobody want to play Miami until the Conference Finals.
Posted Image

#208 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

Time to play another game of what scrub will have the game of his life against the Lakers D

Tonights contestant : Michael Beasley

Props to Joey Crawford once again blatantly ignoring fouls and travels

these refs need to start stepping it up or have money taken away but who am i kidding stern wont do shit

the end of the raptors/hawks game was pathetic

dude gets annihilated by 3 dudes in the paint and somehow nobody sees anything, Dwayne Casey has every right to be pissed off

#209 thamaster24

thamaster24

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

Looks like Rudy Gay is reportedly heading to Toronto. While this seems like a dumb move on Memphis' part IMO, I'm perfectly happy with it as I'm a Rockets fan and the Grizzles are in our division :D Not to mention the fact the Rockets actually traded the draft pick that became Rudy Gay to Memphis for fucking scraps.

Couple Points

Rudy is on a max contract and shooting 40 pct from the field. Some of him not avging the numbers he could be avging is the Grizzlies system but he's really not a max player. That being said, he is a very good player, inconsistent, but I think capable of somewhere between 22-24 ppg for the Raptors.

This move gives the Grizz room to re-sign Tony Allen in the summer and maybe go after another free agent for the mid level. Tayshaun Prince will fit in seamlessly with the defense and provide some desperately needed 3pt shooting while Ed Davis will help frontcourt depth. ZBo is only getting older unfortunately and eventually Ed can take over.

So basically Rudy is way too inconsistent of a player for the price and I'm very happy with this trade. I really don't think this will have an impact on how well the Grizz will perform in the playoffs this year. I think this team can make the 2nd round or even the WCF, but the Grizz are solidly in the 4th spot and are just a step below the 3 premier teams in the West. The issues with this team are on offense and there have been multiple games where Rudy shot an abysmal %.

We were waiting for Rudy to make the jump from pretty good player to star and it just never happened. Don't forget that the 2011 playoff run was w/o Rudy. While Zach was playing much better ball back then, playing even more inside/out will only help the Grizz.

Edit: I'm giving props to myself for this: http://www.cheapassg...788#post9238788

Even though it was probably a somewhat popular opinion, it was the day after the season started last year.

Edited by thamaster24, 03 February 2013 - 03:32 AM.

Posted Image

#210 rhymenoceros

rhymenoceros

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

RIP, Jerry Buss.

http://espn.go.com/l...s-owner-dies-80