The 2012/2013 NBA Season Thread

• Please log in to reply
758 replies to this topic

#241 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:37 AM

Never seen a game end like that. Also I was surprised to see him still playing in the NBA.

#242 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

[IMG]http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/HhhRz3ZjmjIuhtPejk1Wug--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTQ4MA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2013-04-09/9dd142d1-934f-4eaf-90fb-dea7dbdac451_lebronsite.gif[/IMG]

"It's cool, Mike Miller. I got this..."

#243 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

Y'all see that ESPN list of top players? What do y'all think?

1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Chris Paul
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Russell Westbrook

Top 5 is not too different from my personal top 5 so I have no gripes about the top of the list. Here's my list:

1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Chris Paul
4. Dwayne Wade
5. Kobe Bryant

Having Russell Westbrook up that high in my opinion is a mistake, but based off that spot and also both Parker and Duncan being in the top 10, I'd say current team success has too much to do with the PLAYER rankings.

#244 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

ya I am surprised westbrook is that high but I think he would be amazing no matter who was by him I can't say that I disagree with that list that much this year though.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#245 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

Kobe tore his Achilles in last nights game.

#246 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

Well he had a good career.

#247 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

Now what's going to piss Kobe off more: Lakers somehow finding a way to lose the #8 spot to Utah or getting bounced in the first round without him?
Posted Image

#248 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:38 AM

Congrats A'ntoni your minute heavy rotation claims another.

#249 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

If they didn't see something like this happening, they're lying. Dude's played 20 years worth of career minutes and you're going to let him play 45+ minutes a game to try and get an 8 seed? Wow. Just wow.

I don't like the Lakers at all, and I openly root for them to lose, but not like this. I hope Kobe is able to make it back, but I kind of doubt it. Even Billups has had problems with coming back and he's a smaller guy than Shaq/Chuck.

#250 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

WTF is wrong with Derrick Rose? He was cleared to return a month and a half ago, he's been practicing for weeks, and yet he still refuses to play. Is he just a headcase now?

#251 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

Would it even be beneficial if he were to join the chemistry right now? I'm fine with him waiting till next season.

UjCoyFa.png

#252 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

You're not ever going to get over the mental toughness unless you actually step on the floor to play. If he thinks he somehow will just get over it in a suit than he'll never return.

Over/under on Kobe most likely playing before Rose.

#253 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

Wtf Westbrook why'd you have to go and give lebron another championship

#254 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Lol I was just about to come post this. Russell Westbrook is out indefinitely and will undergo surgery. While I never like seeing a player get injured, this helps my Rockets tremendously :D

Jeremy Lin is questionable too, not that anybody cares. Me included. Patrick Beverly really impressed me last game so I'm more interested in seeing what he can do.

#255 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

This sucks big time. They were the one WC team San Antonio could not beat. Now I don't think there are any. Memphis would be the top of the list now. With no Mavs in the picture, my playoff team becomes anyone playing San Antonio lol gotta love rivalry.

And looks like the most disappointing team of the 1st round award will be going to the Boston Celtics...somebody get their offense on a milk carton. It's been missing for 3 games now.

#256 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

Lol @ implying thunder had any better of a chance of not getting swept by the Heat if Westbrick was healthy

#257 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Nothing was stopping Miami this year unless they allowed the WC All-Stars to give it a shot, but Westbrook's injury certainly will switch things up out West.

#258 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

Holy shit, what a game in Chicago. Bulls finally won it in triple OT!

#259 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

Miami is the first team to make it to the next round. The Spurs can do the same if they beat the Lakers tonight.

#260 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

35 shots for 36 points. Who could we be talking about?

#261 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:03 AM

Lakers season is over.

#262 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:07 AM

Dwight Howard is the biggest piece of shit crybaby I've ever seen.

#263 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

Dwight Howard is the biggest piece of shit crybaby I've ever seen.

Another team feeling this pain... at least it didn't sink the Lakers whole last season too.

#264 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

He can't stay in LA. He is stupid if he does.

#265 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

Only promising team is Houston otherwise no point in leaving. Might as well take the money

#266 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:12 AM

Only promising team is Houston otherwise no point in leaving. Might as well take the money

Before the start of the season I'd say the Rockets would definitely be in the hunt for Howard this off-season, but now I'm not so sure. As a Rockets fan and seeing the way he handled things in his last year in Orlando and this year in LA, I don't want him. I also think that the way Omer Asik has come along this season has greatly reduced the glaring need for a quality big man.

The simple fact is that the Lakers can pay him the most. Rumors were also going around that since Kobe got hurt, Howard has been much more receptive to signing a new deal with LA knowing that the team would be essentially his at the start of next season.

#267 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

Howard > Asik and its not even close, but it would be good having both

#268 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

I cant see the Rockets devoting 30 million to the center position. I cant see them trading Asik because whoever takes him on has to eat the poison pill.

#269 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

I'm not saying Howard isn't better, but it's a lot closer than you'd think. Howard no doubt has the offensive advantage, but Asik has dramatically improved this season and still has room to grow. Dwight on the other hand arguably had his worst season since his rookie year.

I just view Dwight Howard as poison at this point.

#270 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

What a disappointment out in LA...that has to be the roughest season for a team, considering injury after injury to superstar after superstar. Every starter missed a good chunk of time and when they were all 5 together, they didn't have the chemistry. I don't know their record when Dwight/Gasol/MWP/Kobe/Nash started but I'm sure it was below average at best. The loss of Jerry Buss was salt on the wound. Hell of a comeback by Kobe, going 28-12 in the last 40. Kobe was simply on another level but when he went down, it was obvious these guys were doomed by Murphy's Law.

Going forward, I have no clue how they handle it and I'm glad I'm not in that front office (although the paycheck would be pretty nice) this summer. I believe Dwight can get one more year with a max deal from LA than he can with anyone else. Don't count the Mavs out though. We have cap space this summer, Mark Cuban can get a bit crazy and like Houston, it's tax free. I've also heard/read Atlanta and Brooklyn are out there as contenders for Dwight too.

Of course, we still have to finish this season off before the offseason talks begin.