Photo
- - - - -

70% off any Video Game or Pokemon Item under $19.99 with Pokemon Black/White 2?

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#31 247

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

Do you need to preorder to get the coin?

#32 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

Those coins look sweet.

#33 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

Do you need to preorder to get the coin?

Nope. Some stores may save some coins for pre ordered copies, then give away the rest with regular purchases.

#34 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

Wow, coin looks pretty nice. Though.....sucks that the official guide with the special code for Black/White 2 wont be out till November. Not sure if the store has much of anything else in that price range I'd want.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

Hmm... BW2 and DQIX or DQVI for $45... would BW2 be a good purchase if I have only played Emerald?

#36 Rainman

Rainman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

Wow, coin looks pretty nice. Though.....sucks that the official guide with the special code for Black/White 2 wont be out till November. Not sure if the store has much of anything else in that price range I'd want.

What guide and code is it? I want everything pokemon related I can get. I remember usually TRU in the past always gave some kind of physical bonus when you picked up the game.

#37 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

The name is "Official National Pokedex & Guide Volume 2" according to Serebii. And the code is for a Gothorita with Shadow Tag

Its weird though, I just checked Amazon and theres 3 guides coming out. Theres a Hard Cover Collectors Edition and a Paper Back guide releasing on the 7th, then theres the one releasing on November 19th. All 3 are by the same company, but only the 19th one comes with the code

EDIT: Judging by the description, I'm guessing the first 2 coming out are just Unova based, and have maps and Walkthroughs and such, and the 2nd one is just the National Dex with all the moves and stats and such. Kinda wish the code came with the first 2......can easily get that info online.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

Yes, in store.

The ad states ANY game or pokemon item $19.99 or under. Limit 1 per guest. So you should be able to get any game for any system.

Here is the giveaway coin (both front and back). The case is about 1 1/2 inches square.

Spoiler

Thanks!!

Also, maybe a pointless question, but pre-orders qualify for this deal (and the coin is guaranteed), correct?

#39 Rainman

Rainman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

Thanks for the reply. Hidden ability is shadow tag ill try and unlock it some other way if possible. The CE guide looks nice but I would only want the extra bookmark or whatever that comes with it.

The name is "Official National Pokedex & Guide Volume 2" according to Serebii. And the code is for a Gothorita with Shadow Tag

Its weird though, I just checked Amazon and theres 3 guides coming out. Theres a Hard Cover Collectors Edition and a Paper Back guide releasing on the 7th, then theres the one releasing on November 19th. All 3 are by the same company, but only the 19th one comes with the code

EDIT: Judging by the description, I'm guessing the first 2 coming out are just Unova based, and have maps and Walkthroughs and such, and the 2nd one is just the National Dex with all the moves and stats and such. Kinda wish the code came with the first 2......can easily get that info online.

#40 DoubleJG

DoubleJG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

Are those coins going to be given away at TRU or somewhere else?

Posted Image

#41 jwizzle5786

jwizzle5786

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:07 AM

Will the coins come with online orders?

#42 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

Hmm... BW2 and DQIX or DQVI for $45... would BW2 be a good purchase if I have only played Emerald?

Definitely not. BW2 is a sequel to Black and White, it's not the same game with extras like Emerald was to Ruby and Sapphire. So if you can, get Black or White.

The deal says get any game $20 or less OR any Pokemon item 70% off. So don't Pokemon games count as Pokemon items? Can't you get a high priced Pokemon game 70% off?

#43 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

Lol, I doubt they would let you buy Black 2 and get White 2 for 70% off on release day. They know they could still sell them for full MSRP easily.

Would be epic though...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

I would be all over this is you could apply it to a whole order of Pokemon stuff.

My little brother has become obsessed with Pokemon cards and so I have started getting back in the game so I can play with him and I would definitely do this if I could get a whole ORDER of booster packs for 70% off. Only one item however.... I will pass.

#45 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

So don't mean to be lazy but but before I make a TRU account to attempt this does anyone know if they offer free shipping? I see they have sales tax (ugh!) and offer standard or expedited but they don't list their prices for any of the options. I intend to get both games so I'd like to keep my Amazon preorder for one and get the other one through here to get this deal (had my eye on Superhero Squad for awhile now, opportunity I've been waiting for) so I don't mind if it takes forever to get her as long as it's free. Sales tax + paying shipping on the other hand I'll probably not go for this as I'm still saving money but I don't want SS that bad to the point where I'll spend a bit more unless the price is really good.

#46 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

Interesting. I need to buy Black 2 (for myself) and White 2 (for my nephews). Would love to get at those coins.

Looks like TRU might be where I need to get to on release day.

EDIT: Except my girlfriend is running the Chicago Marathon...so I'll be there. Now I need to find a gopher to get to TRU for me.

Edited by Rig, 04 October 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#47 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

Well, there goes my Sunday. This sounds almost as good as the HG/SS release, where I got a cardboard Pikachu visor, coloring pages with Ho-oh and Lugia, a stack of promotional $5 gift cards (inactive), a free case/stylus set, and the actual game.

I want these coins, so I'm definitely hitting up TRU.

#48 jwizzle5786

jwizzle5786

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

So don't mean to be lazy but but before I make a TRU account to attempt this does anyone know if they offer free shipping? I see they have sales tax (ugh!) and offer standard or expedited but they don't list their prices for any of the options. I intend to get both games so I'd like to keep my Amazon preorder for one and get the other one through here to get this deal (had my eye on Superhero Squad for awhile now, opportunity I've been waiting for) so I don't mind if it takes forever to get her as long as it's free. Sales tax + paying shipping on the other hand I'll probably not go for this as I'm still saving money but I don't want SS that bad to the point where I'll spend a bit more unless the price is really good.

It seems they have free shipping for pre-orders. I did not get charged shipping. Of course, who knows when it'll get here.

#49 tim_pkmn89

tim_pkmn89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

Definitely not. BW2 is a sequel to Black and White, it's not the same game with extras like Emerald was to Ruby and Sapphire. So if you can, get Black or White.

The deal says get any game $20 or less OR any Pokemon item 70% off. So don't Pokemon games count as Pokemon items? Can't you get a high priced Pokemon game 70% off?

No, it says

70% Off ANY Video Game/Pokemon Item Priced $19.99 or Less when you buy Pokemon Black or White 2

And links to "Video Games Priced $19.99 or less" and "Pokemon Items Priced $19.99 or Less".

#50 latin trident

latin trident

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

why doesn't it show up at checkout? I don't see any discount. Is there a promo code to enter?

#51 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

I would be all over this is you could apply it to a whole order of Pokemon stuff.

My little brother has become obsessed with Pokemon cards and so I have started getting back in the game so I can play with him and I would definitely do this if I could get a whole ORDER of booster packs for 70% off. Only one item however.... I will pass.

You could buy a Tin (which comes with 4-5 booster packs and a special card) or one of the many theme decks, or one of the special collections (Which usually come with 4-5 booster packs and a figurine)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

You could buy a Tin (which comes with 4-5 booster packs and a special card) or one of the many theme decks, or one of the special collections (Which usually come with 4-5 booster packs and a figurine)

Even then if I get a $20 special collection that is still only saving $14. Which yes is still good but I didn't plan on buying the new game anyway so it was mainly if it could offset the price of the game itself.

It is probably for the best though because I would have most likely spent like $100 on cards even after the 70% off haha

Edited by BrolyB593, 04 October 2012 - 10:41 PM.

#53 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

why doesn't it show up at checkout? I don't see any discount. Is there a promo code to enter?

I'm guessing it won't until the seventh as that's when this thing officially starts right?

#54 ZForce

ZForce

Humbling Pumpkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

I wonder if they'll carry the guide and if that would count as a pokemon item for 70% off
Posted Image
Dreams do come true....

Check out my stuff for sale!
Chase the Chuckwagon! - http://www.chasethec...ites/zforceffc/
CAG Tradelist - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=189109

#55 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

I wonder if they'll carry the guide and if that would count as a pokemon item for 70% off

Thats what I'm hoping for as well! Would be awesome :D
Posted Image

#56 tim_pkmn89

tim_pkmn89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

They always carry the guide. And since the BW1 guide is listed as an option, this will almost definitely be available too.

#57 DR2K

DR2K

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

So you can get the guide for $6?

#58 DeskLaser

DeskLaser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

I'm assuming this would also make those $10 clearance PC games cost $3.
Posted Image

#59 doggyflewaway

doggyflewaway

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:23 AM

Are you sure the coins are for Toys R Us? The only preorder bonus out there that I can find is for EB Games in Australia.

#60 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

The ad says any Pokemon item priced less than $19.99 so unless everyone is talking about the paperback guide it most likely won't work on the CE version.