NBA 2K13 out 10/2! ign gives it 9.1/10!

snakemaster2389

CAG Newbie
nba2k13cover.jpg

Now with more Jay- Z and Justin Bieber!!

With more than 5 million copies sold worldwide and more than 25 Sports Game of the Year awards won, NBA 2K12 was another monster release for the biggest NBA video game simulation franchise in the world. This year, NBA 2K13 will represent all things basketball and take virtual hardwood to the next level. Featuring an enhanced My Player mode and all-new gameplay features, NBA 2K13 will let gamers pit the best players in NBA history against the new dynasty of talent. (Taken from gamestop.com)

add yourself for cag team ups and more!!

snakemaster2389

i pre ordered this game last week, cant wait. i love how they went balls out with the My Player mode seeing thats pretty much all i play. it'll be fun to play as the dream team and crush the miami heat. they added so much to do in this game. i havent heard anything about legendary player challenges much like 2k11 had the jordan challenge, not a huge deal but i really liked those games as well.

[quote name='XXXplosive1']Looking forward to this one. If online league play is fixed this year, anyone interested?[/QUOTE]

yea i'll be interested. we'll see how it goes this year

My favorite part of the game is My Player and I'm hyped about the changes. Even though the demo is so short, it's a lot of fun and the improvements to the animations were a big improvement. I was surprised I got used to the new controls pretty quickly.

i don't like how they changed some of the control layouts from nba2k12 but 2k12 was the best game of the year last year.

Disappointed in my player so far.. I mean there's improvements. but seeing the same tattoos they've had since 2k6 is getting unacceptable, I know its a really minor thing but it couldn't take them much effort to add more tattoos, and give a white voice choice to the my player mode (not to sound racist haha but come on...)

for anyone that has it, is online fixed or is it the same stinking pile of shit as last year? are lobbies back? is there online blacktop mode?

im playing a game, im the 1992 dream team with barkley, its awesome. Sucks that they took out the legend scenarios for each legend :(

Can you set this so you can control only one player for an entire game? So no matter who on my team has possession, I control just the one guy.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Im interested in a league if you all are starting one[/QUOTE]

I hope the league stuff works well in this year's game. 2K11, we had a good league going and almost finished.

Can anyone tell me if you need to do a download/update before you get a full dream team (I understand that Pippen is a late add to the game).

I prefer the X360 version, but my system is old and don't have wifi, will get the PS3 version if I need to get the download/update for the complete dream team.

Thanks in advance!

I have played 3 MY TEAM games online. The first was great. The second on was great but the player quit early and i got the win by default. The third game had a lot of sputtering through out and while I had a 10 point lead with 5.8 seconds left, the connection just crapped out and they handed me the L which is just unacceptable in a mode where wins count towards making the playoffs and getting more VC for new players and booster packs. I say we give it another week to see if it gets better or an update comes out before starting a league.

Anyone out there interested in a couple of exhibition games ? Sick of the cheesy online BS

EDIT: And no I don't have to play with the Lakers!

[quote name='sublime90'] it'll be fun to play as the miami heat and crush the dream team. [/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Any word if the preorder dlc will eventually be sold on the market?

[quote name='guyver2077']Fixed.

Any word if the preorder dlc will eventually be sold on the market?[/QUOTE]

probably when all star break in nba comes out around maybe. if anyone wants to do some team up games add me- snakemaster2389 i'm starting to get pumped up for the nba season now

Last bb game I got was 2k11 and lots people built teams from scratch and you could download for free. Bunch of Dream Teams, the Suns when they had Cambers, Barkley, KJ and some greatest players for diff teams. For say the Lakers, you could have Magic, Kobe, Worthy and like Chamberlain or Kareem. One even had like a Univ of NC team that had Jordan, Worthy, Sam Perkins, Vince Carter, etc.

I usually skip a year when I buy the 2k bb game so the last one I have is 2k11 and love it. It's not a perfect game but damn close. I haven't been feeling well so I didn't work today and rented 2k13 from Redbox and I don't know, I think I will skip this one. Has a lot of nice old school teams and the game plays pretty well but just wasn't a big enough of a change for me to pick it up. I will be busy at work with people taking off for holidays and will have BO2 to play so that should keep me busy enough for awhile.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Last bb game I got was 2k11 and lots people built teams from scratch and you could download for free. Bunch of Dream Teams, the Suns when they had Cambers, Barkley, KJ and some greatest players for diff teams. For say the Lakers, you could have Magic, Kobe, Worthy and like Chamberlain or Kareem. One even had like a Univ of NC team that had Jordan, Worthy, Sam Perkins, Vince Carter, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yup. 2kshare is in.

I absolutely love the game.. i think the presentation and production is why i like it so much. The music is much better than 2k12.

2k11 was amazing. 2k12 i bought on release. The game itself was great but not much different than 2k11.

bread's done
Back