Halo : Combat Evolved Anniversary Editon $14.99 @ Kmart 9/30-10/6

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#31 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

Save $5. Guest new MSRP $19.99 now. I'll bite for $10-ish ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#32 Carbonite

Carbonite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

Save $5. Guest new MSRP $19.99 now. I'll bite for $10-ish ;)

Its not, its supposed to be 24.99, yet they mistakenly printed 14.99. 1 number off.

#33 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

Its not, its supposed to be 24.99, yet they mistakenly printed 14.99. 1 number off.

This. It might be this price or $9.99 at BF, but by then I'll be up to my ears in holiday backlog.

#34 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

It's been $19.99 a few times with release bonus still in pack, so I don't know how flippable it will be. But some of you losers love to make 50 cents off games.

And that's not sinbad is it? I thought it was that guy that hosts family feud now. Or richard pryor...

#35 TheLiptonDipper

TheLiptonDipper

Brony 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

I just went to my local Kmart and they told me I had to wait for a shipment of a different copy of the game (Wednesday). They would not sell me the copy with the avatar bonuses for 14.98.

#36 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

I just went to my local Kmart and they told me I had to wait for a shipment of a different copy of the game (Wednesday). They would not sell me the copy with the avatar bonuses for 14.98.

Tell them to suck a big fat cock and price match it elsewhere.

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

#37 TheLiptonDipper

TheLiptonDipper

Brony 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

Tell them to suck a big fat cock and price match it elsewhere.

Exactly what I'm doing because I think the electronics person was pulling my leg. I'm going to best buy tomorrow. I would have said that but she looked like that would have destroyed her world (15 years old).

#38 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

Welcome to one of the reasons Kmart will soon be a thing of the past.

#39 mindatlarge

mindatlarge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

Exactly what I'm doing because I think the electronics person was pulling my leg. I'm going to best buy tomorrow. I would have said that but she looked like that would have destroyed her world (15 years old).

I know it sucks, but it's most likely because the two versions of the game have different skus...cashiers aren't willing to risk their livelihood on taking a chance like that. A manager might have been able to override it though...
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Currently Playing: Suikoden 2 (PS2) / On Preorder: Ni no Kuni (PS3)
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#40 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

Gonna run by and get an ad tomorrow and try to PM at Best Buy. If it doesnt work, then whatever, I already have the bonus maps and such for Reach.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#41 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

I'm kinda surprised you found a copy with the avatar and grunt skull bonus. I haven't seen those in a while. Anybody here know of the avatar bonus and the skull bonus are two different codes?

I'd love to get the birthday party skull. It's hard to play campaign without the added cheers of joy for me.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#42 TheLiptonDipper

TheLiptonDipper

Brony 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

I'm kinda surprised you found a copy with the avatar and grunt skull bonus. I haven't seen those in a while. Anybody here know of the avatar bonus and the skull bonus are two different codes?

I'd love to get the birthday party skull. It's hard to play campaign without the added cheers of joy for me.

I was very excited when I saw it, but Kmart always enjoys smashing my hopes and dreams. I wish I was more confrontational, seeing that I would be playing the crap out of some halo.

#43 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:34 AM

I'm more surprised they could actually deny to sell you the game with the bonuses. Did they say it was because the price was an error? Or just "Hey, we arent giving you the good version for the cheap price"
Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 TheLiptonDipper

TheLiptonDipper

Brony 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:47 AM

I'm more surprised they could actually deny to sell you the game with the bonuses. Did they say it was because the price was an error? Or just "Hey, we arent giving you the good version for the cheap price"

They didn't acknowledge it as an error, all she said was "that wasn't the version that was being sold for 14.xx". They would be getting a shipment on Wednesday of the vanilla version (highly doubt it). This was in Greenville, OH btw.

#45 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:52 AM

Three different codes:
Skull, Male Avatar Armor, Female Avatar Armor

#46 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:53 AM

They didn't acknowledge it as an error, all she said was "that wasn't the version that was being sold for 14.xx". They would be getting a shipment on Wednesday of the vanilla version (highly doubt it). This was in Greenville, OH btw.

Should have explained that those were just launch order bonuses.

#47 TheLiptonDipper

TheLiptonDipper

Brony 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

^I'm going to go back in the morning and try my luck with somebody else working maybe see if I can get a manger to do something.

#48 Carbonite

Carbonite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

I was under the impression that there wasn't a second printing. I got the one with the codes as well. Still like six at my Kmart with codes.

#49 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

What an awesome deal. I'll go tomorrow to Best Buy and PM since I have lots of credit there.

#50 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:37 AM

How do you know if you get the extras? Is it written on the box?

#51 Carbonite

Carbonite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:59 AM

How do you know if you get the extras? Is it written on the box?

Well that could be tricky.
There is a slipcover on this one. On the bottom it denotes the bonus and even has a pic of the skull and avatar armor. Now without the cover on it looks normal and doesn't have anything denoting it. Unless the editions without the slipcover are in different packaging then it could be hard to tell if someone removed the slipcover.

Sec. Will upload a photo.

EDIT: Okay, I didn't know there was another edition but if there is here is a photo the the game on the left and the slipcover on the right. This way you can see what it looks like under the slipcover in case they differ on the other supposed printing of the game. The second pic is a close up of the bottom of the slipcover denoting the bonus materials.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

be nice if Amazon price matched

all the K-Marts in the area closed a long time ago

#53 Deman93

Deman93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

I have two questions about Halo: Combat Evolved:

1) If I don't have a Kmart within 50 miles of my local Best Buy, will they still price match the deal for $15?
2) Can somebody post me an online link to the website if they will price match the item to show when I'm checking out?

#54 Carbonite

Carbonite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:21 AM

I have two questions about Halo: Combat Evolved:

1) If I don't have a Kmart within 50 miles of my local Best Buy, will they still price match the deal for $15?
2) Can somebody post me an online link to the website if they will price match the item to show when I'm checking out?

1) Don't know.
2) Grab the Sunday paper. It should be in there. Its not listed on there site as far as I know and if it was they would have probably fixed it pretty fast. Print is harder to fix. ;)

#55 Deman93

Deman93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:32 AM

1) Don't know.
2) Grab the Sunday paper. It should be in there. Its not listed on there site as far as I know and if it was they would have probably fixed it pretty fast. Print is harder to fix. ;)

Thanks for the help but I can't seem to find the Sales Ad in the Sunday paper :/

#56 TheLiptonDipper

TheLiptonDipper

Brony 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:38 AM

Good picture that is the one my kmart would not sell me for 14.xx, so it could be YMMV for the version with bonus content. I just went to Walmart and price matched the "vanilla" version. Still happy to get the game.

#57 jtron

jtron

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:39 AM

Can someone take a picture of the ad and post it, so I can show it at Best Buy on my phone? Would greatly appritiate it

#58 MRW2276

MRW2276

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

Deman most likely Bestbuy won't match it with closet store 50 miles away. I know when Final Fantasy 12-2 Collector's edition were 29.99 at gamestop my bestbuy would not price match because the closet Gamestop with it in stock was over 25 miles away and that was considered not in the same area for a price match.

#59 ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

got trolled by a kmart employee when trying to pick this up tonight

rang up as $30+tax

pointed out the ad

they said I have to be a kmart rewards member, tried to sign me up

i LOLed and will pricematch this at wal-mart or best buy tomorrow

#60 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

So yeah, I was pretty excited when I saw this post. I'd been pondering buying it at my nearby BB when I noticed it for $24.99, so naturally I got a cheapass hard-on for this deal, especially since the Kmart within spitting distance from me still had the version with the paper sleeve and extra content. And all went well, I've got my game. Last copy they had too. Woo!

They really need to straighten their stuff out though. Last week the B2G1 clearance needed a manual override (not just for me but for several people [but you probably know that, dear reader]), and this time the damned game rang up at $29.99. I had the ad primed and ready to show the associate, and she tried telling me something like I had to buy the 360 advertised right beside it and on layaway (???????) to get the deal. Fortunately she was much more friendly than stubborn, and after the old and decrepit store manager stared at the ad quizzically, he said "just override it."

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!