Halo : Combat Evolved Anniversary Editon $14.99 @ Kmart 9/30-10/6

Tarheel76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey Hey Gamers.....for those that don't normally shop at Kmart, like myself, I've made this seperate thread from the overall ad that someone made earlier....just as a heads' up for those that are Halo fans, or have been wanting to try it out when an awesome price rolled around.

I just left my local Kmart...I made sure I was there right when they opened at 7a to pick up Halo : Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition (Xbox 360). I called last night to see if they had any in stock, & was told they had 3 left. I made sure to have the sale paper in hand, & I picked up 2 copies. (May try to flip the second copy & see how much I can get for it.)
They were ringing up $29.99, but after 2 people, ( 1 of which was a manager ), looked at the sale paper, they did the price override. So if anyone is in Tempe, AZ....I left you one copy !! Hurry Hurry !! :lol:
As I was just looking at Kmart's selection of games, they really don't have a big selection to choose from, and in most cases they only have an average of 1-3 copies of each title.
Enjoy the remainder of your weekend Gamers, & have a great week ahead !!

[quote name='titanzguard']This is already been posted with this weeks Kmart ad...[/QUOTE]

And is very clearly stated in the OP that it is as well.

Reason -> 50% off Halo deserves it's own thread for attention.

[quote name='titanzguard']This is already been posted with this weeks Kmart ad...[/QUOTE]

Morning Titan......I'm aware it was posted in the earlier Kmart ad for the week....I just thought I would help others, like myself, that don't normally shop there, & make them aware of this particular game. ( Being that it's a major hit / franchise & an awesome price ). Hoping that I don't upset the member that created the Kmart thread or any others.....again, I did this just for a little "extra convenience".

:)

[quote name='Investor']Agreed. But I'll wait till it hit $10 to pick it up. Never played the original before.[/QUOTE]

Then that's more reason to buy it for $14.99, the campaign is amazing. You also get maps for Reach which I think are either 1200 or might be 800 points now. Totally worth this price and if you don't want the maps you can sell them to make this cheaper. Good luck waiting for $10, you'll most likely be waiting till Halo 4 is already out.

Also for those that don't frequent Kmart, (like myself), I just noticed on my receipt that I have until 12/29/12 (60 days) to return the second game I purchased if I don't trade / flip it for a great deal. Unlike Walmart or Best Buy regular customers, ( not Premier Silver Reward Zone customers ) that normally have 30 days.
I could also try & hold onto the second copy in the event the price goes lower over the holiday for a price match.

[quote name='Tarheel76']Also for those that don't frequent Kmart, (like myself), I just noticed on my receipt that I have until 12/29/12 (60 days) to return the second game I purchased if I don't trade / flip it for a great deal. Unlike Walmart or Best Buy regular customers, ( not Premier Silver Reward Zone customers ) that normally have 30 days.
I could also try & hold onto the second copy in the event the price goes lower over the holiday for a price match.[/QUOTE]

CAG Newbie loves unabashedly discussing his flip options.

Damn, I just re-bought this used from Gamestop for for more than that LOL

Oh well, really good 3D implementation in case anyone else with a new Playstation 3D display gets this game. They nailed the HUD being displayed on your helmet right in front of your face effect perfectly IMO.

Actually, I'm still in the return window, I'll see if local Walmart has this in stock for price match and if they do I'll just exchange the used one at Gamestop next door for something else.

Monroe mi Kmart. Like six copies in there. They said its wrong but gave me the deal on my copy. She said they were going to have to print a retraction to put up.

14.99, what a deal.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

[quote name='lochdoun']
watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png
[/QUOTE]

My comment was in regards to people posting individual deals for each and every game deal. Most CAG's, like myself, look thru the weekly ads, regardless if I frequent there or not. I didnt realize a 50% off game, regardless of the "Halo" title, meant it was that huge a deal. This game will be a $19.99 game soon enough - at regular price.

Cheers to lochdoun for the above photo... I hope you feel better about yourself by posting the photo. Maybe you should go back to reddit instead of hanging out at CAG all morning.

[quote name='titanzguard']My comment was in regards to people posting individual deals for each and every game deal. Most CAG's, like myself, look thru the weekly ads, regardless if I frequent there or not. I didnt realize a 50% off game, regardless of the "Halo" title, meant it was that huge a deal. This game will be a $19.99 game soon enough - at regular price.

Cheers to lochdoun for the above photo... I hope you feel better about yourself by posting the photo!!! Maybe you should go back to reddit instead of hanging out at CAG all morning.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why assume most people look through ads for every store but that's no big thing.

It's up to the mods but IMO having threads highlight especially good deals isn't a problem when the majority of weekly ads are full of nothing but MSRP crap.

Just my $0.02.

[quote name='Mugatu']I don't know why assume most people look through ads for every store but that's no big thing.

It's up to the mods but IMO having threads highlight especially good deals isn't a problem when the majority of weekly ads are full of nothing but MSRP crap.

Just my $0.02.[/QUOTE]

Although I think the OP had his best interests at heart, he could have equally asked the OP of the KMART thread to add "Halo Anniv $15" to the title - still not sure why the thread is not a sticky anyways. My post was not to back to OP, regardless of what lochdoun or others think. I just hate when forums get cluttered with individual deals - when that is why we have the weekly ads posted.

Cheers to the OP for his efforts! Honestly dude I was not trying to back on you!

Damn, I already recycled my Sunday paper.
Oh well, if I can find another ad, and they still have some in stock tomorrow, I'll grab another copy. I've had this since it came out, but I wouldn't mind a backup copy at that price, since I use it so often.

[quote name='Investor']Agreed. But I'll wait till it hit $10 to pick it up. Never played the original before.[/QUOTE]
'The Library'. You've been warned.

Well if it's a mistake (which the other thread seems to indicate) I won't bother. Don't like people taking advantage of my mistakes so it's only fair that i act the same way LOL.

Thank OP, since Kmart went downhill I don't check the thread as regularly. I missed the Gamefly deal so this was a close second.

*note* like others have mentioned, this needed a manger override for the price as it is not in their system.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Save $5. Guest new MSRP $19.99 now. I'll bite for $10-ish ;)[/QUOTE]

Its not, its supposed to be 24.99, yet they mistakenly printed 14.99. 1 number off.

[quote name='Carbonite']Its not, its supposed to be 24.99, yet they mistakenly printed 14.99. 1 number off.[/QUOTE]

This. It might be this price or $9.99 at BF, but by then I'll be up to my ears in holiday backlog.

It's been $19.99 a few times with release bonus still in pack, so I don't know how flippable it will be. But some of you losers love to make 50 cents off games.

And that's not sinbad is it? I thought it was that guy that hosts family feud now. Or richard pryor...

I just went to my local Kmart and they told me I had to wait for a shipment of a different copy of the game (Wednesday). They would not sell me the copy with the avatar bonuses for 14.98.

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']I just went to my local Kmart and they told me I had to wait for a shipment of a different copy of the game (Wednesday). They would not sell me the copy with the avatar bonuses for 14.98.[/QUOTE]
Tell them to suck a big fat cock and price match it elsewhere.

[quote name='burritoman']Tell them to suck a big fat cock and price match it elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I'm doing because I think the electronics person was pulling my leg. I'm going to best buy tomorrow. I would have said that but she looked like that would have destroyed her world (15 years old).

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']I just went to my local Kmart and they told me I had to wait for a shipment of a different copy of the game (Wednesday). They would not sell me the copy with the avatar bonuses for 14.98.[/QUOTE]
Welcome to one of the reasons Kmart will soon be a thing of the past.

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']Exactly what I'm doing because I think the electronics person was pulling my leg. I'm going to best buy tomorrow. I would have said that but she looked like that would have destroyed her world (15 years old).[/QUOTE]
I know it sucks, but it's most likely because the two versions of the game have different skus...cashiers aren't willing to risk their livelihood on taking a chance like that. A manager might have been able to override it though...

Gonna run by and get an ad tomorrow and try to PM at Best Buy. If it doesnt work, then whatever, I already have the bonus maps and such for Reach.

I'm kinda surprised you found a copy with the avatar and grunt skull bonus. I haven't seen those in a while. Anybody here know of the avatar bonus and the skull bonus are two different codes?

I'd love to get the birthday party skull. It's hard to play campaign without the added cheers of joy for me.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I'm kinda surprised you found a copy with the avatar and grunt skull bonus. I haven't seen those in a while. Anybody here know of the avatar bonus and the skull bonus are two different codes?

I'd love to get the birthday party skull. It's hard to play campaign without the added cheers of joy for me.[/QUOTE]

I was very excited when I saw it, but Kmart always enjoys smashing my hopes and dreams. I wish I was more confrontational, seeing that I would be playing the crap out of some halo.

I'm more surprised they could actually deny to sell you the game with the bonuses. Did they say it was because the price was an error? Or just "Hey, we arent giving you the good version for the cheap price"

[quote name='dgwillia006']I'm more surprised they could actually deny to sell you the game with the bonuses. Did they say it was because the price was an error? Or just "Hey, we arent giving you the good version for the cheap price"[/QUOTE]

They didn't acknowledge it as an error, all she said was "that wasn't the version that was being sold for 14.xx". They would be getting a shipment on Wednesday of the vanilla version (highly doubt it). This was in Greenville, OH btw.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I'm kinda surprised you found a copy with the avatar and grunt skull bonus. I haven't seen those in a while. Anybody here know of the avatar bonus and the skull bonus are two different codes?

I'd love to get the birthday party skull. It's hard to play campaign without the added cheers of joy for me.[/QUOTE]

Three different codes:
Skull, Male Avatar Armor, Female Avatar Armor

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']They didn't acknowledge it as an error, all she said was "that wasn't the version that was being sold for 14.xx". They would be getting a shipment on Wednesday of the vanilla version (highly doubt it). This was in Greenville, OH btw.[/QUOTE]

Should have explained that those were just launch order bonuses.

I was under the impression that there wasn't a second printing. I got the one with the codes as well. Still like six at my Kmart with codes.

bread's done
Back