Dark Knight Trilogy blu-ray Pre-order $29.96 @ Amazon

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Dark Knight Trilogy blu-ray Pre-order $37.09 @ Amazon

I'm not sure if this is much of a deal. Maybe it is a slight deal for those few people who somehow don't have Batman Begins or The Dark Knight on blu-ray. Is that even possible at this point?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/The-Dark-Knight-Trilogy-Blu-ray/ref=%26%2574%2561g%3d%2562l%2575r%2561y%252d000%252d20?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-000-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B009JBZH54&ASIN=B009JBZH54&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

This is what the box will supposedly look like:

dark-knight-rises-trilogy.jpg

Some people do actually wait for something like this. I've gotten the previous 2 day 1 but thats just me. And also for that price its acually a pretty good deal.

I'll just leave this here.

We've already seen the regular Blu-ray for the upcoming home video release of The Dark Knight Rises as well as the Limited 'Broken Cowl' edition. Now Warner Bros has announced a box set for Christopher Nolan's entire Dark Knight trilogy. Available the same day as The Dark Knight Rises, December 4th, the trilogy set will include all three films on Blu-ray along with a collectible book that details the production of all three films.

The price for the set will be $52.99, but think before you buy as Warner Bros has also announced that another set called The Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Collector's Edition will be released sometime in 2013.

Wait for the UCE, people.

[quote name='Diggeh']I'll just leave this here.

The price for the set will be $52.99, but think before you buy as Warner Bros has also announced that another set called The Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Collector's Edition will be released sometime in 2013.

Wait for the UCE, people.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ssjmichael']This is what the box will supposedly look like:

dark-knight-rises-trilogy.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Just like Diggeh said, just wait for the UC edition instead.

Besides that box set just looks like a $0.25 generic box thrown together just to house all 3 movies. But you can probably get those 3 movies cheaper individually with Batman Begins and TDK having gone as low as $6, and DKR day-1 msrp at $20, total of $32 all together.

I don't even own any blu-rays yet. TDK, TDKR and Terminator 2 are easily the ones I want the most. Batman Begins was just a bit boring for most of it and most of it was shoot in really dark settings and my TV is crap when it comes to black levels.

I'm in for a Steelbook to complete the trilogy (hopefully Future Shop in Canada and/or Best Buy in the US has one), and then in again for next year's Ultimate Collectors Edition if it's cool.

[quote name='Corizzle']I'm in for a Steelbook to complete the trilogy (hopefully Future Shop in Canada and/or Best Buy in the US has one), and then in again for next year's Ultimate Collectors Edition if it's cool.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Best Buy will have one to go along with their limited edition steelbooks they have had for the first two. It will most likely be a available will you do a preorder.

[quote name='RedK']Some people do actually wait for something like this. I've gotten the previous 2 day 1 but thats just me. And also for that price its acually a pretty good deal.[/QUOTE]

I'm one of those people. There's no way I could wait for these though. One of the reasons I bought a $500 ps3 bundle back in the day was to watch Batman Begins on bluray and the "upcoming" dark knight movie on bluray. Bluray players were hella expensive then.

At least I waited for the Harry potter bluray collection, the Seinfeld complete series DVD, and the LOST complete series bluray.

[quote name='Diggeh']I'll just leave this here.

Wait for the UCE, people.[/QUOTE]
fucking fuckhole, that's simultaneously very exciting and very annoying. I'm going to end up double dipping, reselling my old copy, and accepting the loss I'm going to take.

For Batman Begins and The Dark Knight I've already bought the "standard" editions, The "collectors" editions, and the steelbooks. Wow, I'm going to be Quadruple Dipping these when I buy the "Ultimate" trilogy.

I wish they would tell us whats in the ultimate collectors edition. I don't own any of these because I was waiting for a trilogy pack. Looks like I'm going to have to wait till 2013.

I will get this, if only to show my kids when they are older what a good film is cos Parent Trap is not!

[quote name='gustyrainbow43']I will get this, if only to show my kids when they are older what a good film is cos Parent Trap is not![/QUOTE]

For some reason, this post made me laugh. Just so random.

I don't own any of these on Blu-ray, so thanks for posting!

[quote name='mm3n']Dropped to $30 on Amazon too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I updated the thread title with the new price.

I'm still going to buy the Best Buy steelbook and probably also the special edition with the mask. This trilogy is still a decent deal for fans who haven't bought any of the blurays yet.

I went ahead and pre-ordered since Amazon decided to pricematch. $10 each is very reasonable.

Since it hasn't been mentioned, this also includes a 64 page book, which is an excerpted edition of the book "The Art and Making of the Dark Knight Trilogy". This is an excellent deal for all 3 movies and the book.

yeah its a great deal as Dark Knight Rises will be $20-$25 so you are paying $5-$10 for the first 2 movies and the 64 page book. Already preordered

[quote name='ssjmichael']Since it hasn't been mentioned, this also includes a 64 page book, which is an excerpted edition of the book "The Art and Making of the Dark Knight Trilogy". This is an excellent deal for all 3 movies and the book.[/QUOTE]

DVD version or Blu-Ray? I went ahead and preordered the DVD set on Amazon, would be great if the book is included with it.

bread's done
Back