PC Desktop for Excel?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

I realize I'm late to this thread but did you try open office on the mac? The last time I used it, it reminded me more of Excel 2003 plus it's a free program. I don't use excel all the time (except for my own simple bullshit) so it could be gimped for all I know but just thought it might be another way to not have to use a separate PC just for excel.

#32 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

Unfortunately I really need the bells and whistles of excel.

I've already purchased a laptop and a copy of office 2010 so it's too late now. Thanks though.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#33 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

I think there's a utility included.

How would you do the SSD install if not by cloning? (I am assuming by your response that I don't need the recovery volume on my SSD?)

I'd do what I did with my Envy 17, make my recovery disks and do a restore on the SSD. You'd have to use the utility to make the recovery media, probably will need 3-5 DVDs to make them.

Also, Amazon has both the Plextor M5S 128GB and Samsung PM830 128GB SSDs both on sale for around $90 each. Plextor is on sale until the 7th, PM830 is on sale until the 13th.

#34 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

NewEgg.com has the Crucial M4 128GB on sale for $99.99 until Monday.

#35 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

ok just created some recovery discs. It took 5 DVDs.

So are these 5 discs the default for the system or does it include my documents?

If it's the former, how do I move my docs to the new ssd?

If it's the latter, what if I create new documents in the time it takes me to get a new SSD, do I have to create recovery dvds again?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#36 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

ok just created some recovery discs. It took 5 DVDs.

So are these 5 discs the default for the system or does it include my documents?

If it's the former, how do I move my docs to the new ssd?

If it's the latter, what if I create new documents in the time it takes me to get a new SSD, do I have to create recovery dvds again?

The recovery DVDs would be to reinstall the software that was on your system out of the box. It wouldn't do anything for documents or added software.

I would back up the documents with a USB flash drive when you have your SSD, install the SSD, restore from the DVDs to the SSD and then reinstall your apps and restore your documents.

#37 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Regarding getting rid of the bloatware.

Why not download an OEM Win 7 install disc image, burn it, and reload a fresh copy of Win 7 without all of the extra crap to the SSD. All you'd have to do beyond that is get any drivers you might need from the Lenevo website. The OEM disc images will take any Win 7 key (I have one I use for personal use and for computer repair side-work I do outside of my day job)