Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (9/30/12 to 10/6/12)

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#61 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

When is the TRU B2G1F deal this year!! Any ideas which week of Oct it will be? I am holding out to buy Boarderlands2 and RE6 for that deal!!

Should be next month.

#62 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

I can't really pass up Halo Anniversary. 14.99 is a steal. I have been wanting to take a walk down memory lane. Man, I remember system linking xbox's all up so we could play multiplayer, and patiently waiting Live to come out and for Halo 2 to set it on fire after that.

I've never played it, or any in the Halo franchise, but I will definitely get this at that price.

#63 kleant24

kleant24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

How do you guys know about the buy2g1f at toysrus? Is it just rumor or is this actually happening. Also are there any used games that ship free, the only one I found was enslaved, I need 2 more :/

#64 Beast_Master

Beast_Master

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

How do you guys know about the buy2g1f at toysrus? Is it just rumor or is this actually happening. Also are there any used games that ship free, the only one I found was enslaved, I need 2 more :/

They have done it every year for the last 5 years. Should be the second or 3rd week of Oct. My guess is it will be the week before AC3 drops. It always seems to be the week before a big release, so you will need to probably buy a place holder game.

#65 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

Hmm deals are back?

They've had these occasional gaming coupons despite killing KMART Gamer. But sadly they've mostly been $10 or $15 gaming coupons which were always "meh" to me anyway. $20 gaming coupon or pre-order bonus was always sort of the minimum baseline for me (and that is assuming it was a game I was really anxious to get on day 1). Those are getting rarer these days, but Josh had some deals that actually went much futher than even $20 off, like get $10/20 off AND a $20 PSN/XBLA card, I see no indication that anything like that is back, or ever coming again.

#66 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:46 PM

Dang still no advertisement of the new PS3

I was kind of hoping it was a lid that popped up as opposed to sliding over to the left on the new PS3 model. I just imagine potential problems occurring if the mechanism that opens it that way malfunctions or someone forces it open too hard or too fast and jams it.

I get it that I guess Sony figures a lot of people have their systems up under a tv stand which may have limited space for a door to open upward, but for folks like me with my PS3 out in the open with a ton of space all around it would've been a nice option.

But chances are that Sony will really start advertising the hell out of this closer to Black Friday or whenever the supply of the older model slim PS3 has been nearly exhausted in the supply chain.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#67 wcl

wcl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

They have done it every year for the last 5 years. Should be the second or 3rd week of Oct. My guess is it will be the week before AC3 drops. It always seems to be the week before a big release, so you will need to probably buy a place holder game.

Thanks for that heads up. Does TRU let ppl double up duing that kind of deal? Like buy a copy of borderlands 2 for Xbox / ps3 ?

#68 ryverse

ryverse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:51 AM

Does every BB do trade ins or just certain ones? Also do you need the game, case, and manual or just the disc? I don't have the case for NBA 2K12 and was hoping to flip it and cut some off of what I pay for 2K13. I was planning on trading in NBA 2K12 and SSX which would double + GCU for a little under $20. If not, I might just try taking that and two more to GS and getting a game from there that will trade in for the $20 off I would be getting from BB for those two games.

I can't confirm every store does trade-ins, but most do. You get the same value for disc only as you do with case, manual + disc.

#69 chris00cm

chris00cm

Deal Connoisseur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

Buy One Get One Free

:360::ps3: NBA 2K13>>>>>$59.99
:360::ps3: Resident Evil 6>>>>>$59.99

What does that mean?

#70 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:16 AM

What does that mean?

I'm wondering the same thing.

#71 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:17 AM

It means that Skylanders single character packs are buy one get one free.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#72 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

Looks like I'll be trading in UFC Undisputed 3, Driver 3, and Mayhem 3D this week.

#73 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:11 AM

Nothing for me besides RE6. Thanks midnight metal for the AD. Going to pick up Prototype 2 tomorrow. Lets see if could find the CE version on local BB.

can u tell me why ur getting the ce for this? im trying to convince myself but this looks like the most worthless ce ive seen, with a awaste of bookshelf space...dlc seems like crap, as radnet is included in vanlila copies, and its just an art book. sell me on this now!

#74 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

can u tell me why ur getting the ce for this? im trying to convince myself but this looks like the most worthless ce ive seen, with a awaste of bookshelf space...dlc seems like crap, as radnet is included in vanlila copies, and its just an art book. sell me on this now!

My local BB still has one of those big Prototype 2 CE's too.

I just watched the official video announcing the CE. You're right, it's kinda crappy. An artbook(more than likely one of those smaller sized ones that should've been free with a pre-order of it), a soundtrack CD, a DLC code, the Radnet code(that comes with most copies already) and something else I completely forgot already.:lol::-#

I don't even think the steelbook that you received if you pre-ordered is included in that edition.

Posted Image

#75 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:53 AM

I can't confirm every store does trade-ins, but most do. You get the same value for disc only as you do with case, manual + disc.

Cool thanks. I'll call before I put the pre-order in to figure out which store to get it from I reckon.

#76 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:23 AM

Cool thanks. I'll call before I put the pre-order in to figure out which store to get it from I reckon.

Try using this link to see if your store takes trades:

http://www.bestbuy.c...12090&type=page

Posted Image

#77 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

My local BB still has one of those big Prototype 2 CE's too.

I just watched the official video announcing the CE. You're right, it's kinda crappy. An artbook(more than likely one of those smaller sized ones that should've been free with a pre-order of it), a soundtrack CD, a DLC code, the Radnet code(that comes with most copies already) and something else I completely forgot already.:lol::-#

I don't even think the steelbook that you received if you pre-ordered is included in that edition.

right ok im glad someone agrees, it seems like people are going crazy over this ce but this has to be the crappiest ce ive seen, im a sucker for ces, i have shit ton but i think getting this would be a waste of 30 bucks.

#78 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

What does that mean?

Im pretty sure its for the Skylander Single Character Pack>>>$8.99
Posted Image
Posted Image

#79 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

Totally lacking this week, unless you're a Lego fan, B1G1 40% off if you buy any construction set.

Xbox 360
Buy one of these games get a three month Xbox Live Membership for $7.50, buy two get a one year Membership for $18.

$60
NHL 13
NCAA Football 13
Madden 13
Resident Evil 6
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Borderlands 2
NBA 2K13

Lego Batman 2- $50

As I was digging through the circulars, a Rite Aid deal caught my eye. If you buy a $25 Gift Card for Applebee's, Bass Pro Shop, Chili's, Macy'
s, Bed Bath & Beyond, OR Toys R US, get a $5 Up Reward. Totally solid deal, especially if you go to Rite Aid often. LIMIT TWO OFFERS.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#80 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

Posted Image

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#81 Schildkrote

Schildkrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

Posted Image

Man, I really hope CAG follows Something Awful's lead one of these days and makes image macros bannable.

The sale does suck, though.

#82 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

Man, I really hope CAG follows Something Awful's lead one of these days and makes image macros bannable.

It's not the images themselves (I find some of them to be hilarious), it's the douchebags who use them.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#83 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

I'd be surprised if they waited that long.
I'm hoping if they don't wait that long that they al least hold out until the 15th though, I want to nab Doom 3 as soon as it drops
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#84 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

Try using this link to see if your store takes trades:

http://www.bestbuy.c...12090&type=page

Are BB Mobile stores the only ones that do trades?

#85 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

Yes please. Just clutter and slows down the site especially on a smartphone.

#86 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

Posted Image

Ehh leave this crap at Neogaf.

#87 thedream77

thedream77

Monster>Red Bull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

Any word on TRUs annual B2G1 on new games, anyone? Isn't is usually around now. Or, did I miss it already?

#88 Carbonite

Carbonite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

Hey, honestly that is a great deal if you are buying two of those games anyways you can get a 12 month live card for 31 dollars off. I consider that a pretty big deal.

Any word on TRUs annual B2G1 on new games, anyone? Isn't is usually around now. Or, did I miss it already?

They had a sweet deal where you could get two games for 60. And they had Darksiders 2 and Sleeping dogs on that list which at the time had just come out and were 60 solo. That was a wicked deal right there.

#89 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

I think TRU's B2G1 is usually later in the year, I recall picking up Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, and something else even less memorable.

Their "sales" on trading cards and Legos are laughable, even at this discount that just about brings their prices in line with Wal-Mart or Target every day.

#90 masterd919

masterd919

Games, games and more games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

How long before BB updates their trade in prices usually?

I'm probably gonna go this weekend and want to make sure that what I see online is what I'll be getting in-store...