Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (9/30/12 to 10/6/12)

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#91 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

Not much for this week. I don't know the fine print details on the special offer...

Special purchase: Save $10 on $59.99+ titles with two select trade ins.

New releases: NBA 2K13, Resident Evil 6.

Also, Oct 2 is my birthday =)

#92 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

Damn. This reminds me of that sick Target trade in deal in April. Wish they would do that again.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#93 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

Not much for this week. I don't know the fine print details on the special offer...

I'm confused...maybe it's just worded wrong but "Save $10 on $59.99+ titles with two select trade ins"...? Sounds like it's saying you only get $10 for your trade ins. I think (and would hope) what it means is that you only PAY $10 for the game with two select trade ins. Otherwise...not such a great deal.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#94 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

I'm confused...maybe it's just worded wrong but "Save $10 on $59.99+ titles with two select trade ins"...? Sounds like it's saying you only get $10 for your trade ins. I think (and would hope) what it means is that you only PAY $10 for the game with two select trade ins. Otherwise...not such a great deal.

Yeah unless they are like 3-4 year old games getting $5/game is not a deal. I will laugh if it is new release type games and is really $10.

#95 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

That's an awful trade deal unless it allows us to trade penny games

#96 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

seriously, the awesome deal was trade in any 2 crappy games for $20 via radioshacks program!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#97 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

Generally it's the 2nd week of October. Though after being on CAG for a couple years, B2G1F sales just don't appeal to me much anymore. And with this year's crop of games getting a lot of movement into next year, seems even less important.
Posted Image

#98 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

right ok im glad someone agrees, it seems like people are going crazy over this ce but this has to be the crappiest ce ive seen, im a sucker for ces, i have shit ton but i think getting this would be a waste of 30 bucks.

I'm of the same opinion...every Best Buy nearby has a bunch of the Prototype 2 CEs sitting there at $60, some even have the steelcase to throw in for free, but even at $30 after coupon I'm not feeling it. Most Best Buys around here also have the Mass Effect 3 CE at $49.99 IIRC for both X360 and PS3 so $30 AC, but again, it doesn't seem to be compelling enough given the trilogy bundle that is coming out (as well as the fact these appear to be far more abundant/overprinted than ME1 and ME2 CEs).

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#99 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

Meh...nothing to see here. Disappointing week.

Wait a minute...what's this?

Your BIRTHDAY? AWESOME!!!

;)

#100 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

It probably means you save $10 on the $59.99 games on top of whatever money you get for your trade-in.

Trading two games in to get a $10 off coupon would be pretty ridiculous.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#101 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

Hopefully they send out coupons prior to Tuesday (i.e. Buy RE or NBA2k and get a $10/$15 GC)

#102 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

Eh, I kinda liked the picture. Way better than the horrible attempts at written humor that goes on here.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#103 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

"Oct 2 is my birthday =)" is that a new 3ds game thats coming out? :D

#104 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

It probably means you save $10 on the $59.99 games on top of whatever money you get for your trade-in.

Trading two games in to get a $10 off coupon would be pretty ridiculous.

Then it should be worded something like "Receive and ADDITIONAL $10 when you trade in two select games towards the purchase of any game $59.99 or more".

But yeah it either means that or it means the actual game only costs $10.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#105 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

Generally it's the 2nd week of October. Though after being on CAG for a couple years, B2G1F sales just don't appeal to me much anymore. And with this year's crop of games getting a lot of movement into next year, seems even less important.

Darksiders II
Sleeping Dogs
Transformers:Fall of Cybertron
Borderlands 2
Resident Evil 6
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Dishonored
Medal of Honor:Warfighter
LEGO: LotR
Assassin's Creed III
Halo 4
BLOPS 2
Hitman:Absolution
Far Cry 3

I am just not sure what you would want them to do. This is just a list of games I am interested. There are tons more to be released on PC, DS and Vita, not mention a brand new console. I just find it funny you think so many games got pushed 4-5 months that there is nothing for a B2G1 sale to mean anything.
Posted Image

#106 ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

Man, I really hope CAG follows Something Awful's lead one of these days and makes image macros bannable.

The sale does suck, though.

Honestly agree; its easily the second thread I've seen this guy post this in and it serves absolutely no point.

#107 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

I am just not sure what you would want them to do. This is just a list of games I am interested. There are tons more to be released on PC, DS and Vita, not mention a brand new console. I just find it funny you think so many games got pushed 4-5 months that there is nothing for a B2G1 sale to mean anything.

I don't participate in B2G1 sales either unless I have some form of credit or gift card. It's getting each game for $40, not much of a discount when you've been on here and see how fast games drop down to $20-30.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#108 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

Darksiders II
Sleeping Dogs
Transformers:Fall of Cybertron
Borderlands 2
Resident Evil 6
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Dishonored
Medal of Honor:Warfighter
LEGO: LotR
Assassin's Creed III
Halo 4
BLOPS 2
Hitman:Absolution
Far Cry 3

Half those games will be out AFTER the sale happens at TRU.

#109 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

Toys R Us is dead to me.... Till Black Friday or a sale of just as equal amount of importance..
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#110 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

Toys R Us is dead to me.... Till Black Friday or a sale of just as equal amount of importance..

And there midnight launch of call of duty games. No lines and usually the best deal.

#111 d3adliner

d3adliner

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

What does 100% bonus credit mean? That you get 2x what is listed on the site for each game? Or does the amount on the site already include the bonus?

#112 unforeseen

unforeseen

Crime Scene Investigator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

Posted Image

This is worst than the TRU sales ad.

#113 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

Any movies
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#114 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

Eh on the deals, might as well go to Rite Aid to load up on gift cards to cover the Wii U preordered there.

#115 masterd919

masterd919

Games, games and more games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

What does 100% bonus credit mean? That you get 2x what is listed on the site for each game? Or does the amount on the site already include the bonus?

Take what you see and multiply it by 2. The site only lists the standard amount you would get.

FYI- some stores may differ in prices, but I haven't ever encountered that issue personally.

#116 Beast_Master

Beast_Master

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

Thanks for that heads up. Does TRU let ppl double up duing that kind of deal? Like buy a copy of borderlands 2 for Xbox / ps3 ?

Yes you can double up. And the TRU in my area actually will let you ring up 3 different sets of games. Example, if you do 3 $20 games on at the same time as 3 $60 games, it will actually give you one of the 60s and one of the 20s free.
The only thing is if you do a place holder game, make sure you have them ring that game up first. I had heard an issue where they would not let people swap out the one game that was rang up as free. But every year I do a place holder game and I always make sure I have them scan that game first or second, then it goes in the bag and doesn't come out till the next tuesday where I swap it with that other game I wanted. Did this just about every year.

#117 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for the deals. :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#118 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

right ok im glad someone agrees, it seems like people are going crazy over this ce but this has to be the crappiest ce ive seen, im a sucker for ces, i have shit ton but i think getting this would be a waste of 30 bucks.

Yeah. Even the Uncharted 3 CE had that ring replica, the lil Nathan Drake statue and I think something else with it for $60. The Skyrim one has that f'n huge(but plastic:bomb:) dragon statue, a really nice faux leatherbound artbook that's thick and has some heft to it and even has that documentary DVD/Blu-Ray in the deluxe game packaging. Even the Bioshock 2 LE had a nice sized THICK artbook, a vinyl record with the soundtrack from the first game, a cd with the soundtrack from the second one and those faux vintage posters with the messages that showed up under black light on them.

I picked up two out of those three(missed the UC3 CE at every turn:bomb:) for around $80 total, sold the games back to BB or wherever for about $50-60 and got to keep some nice looking artbooks and other collectible stuff for $20-30.

Are BB Mobile stores the only ones that do trades?

If anything, I'd say that the mobile stores would be the ones NOT doing trades. Just look for your local BB store(s) on that list. Then read the descriptions under the section for trade-ins, as some stores may require that you bought the games from BB and still have the receipts when doing the trades.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#119 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:44 AM

Have not had a good deal on Gamer since July....are they seriously hoping we do not re-new?
1 John 1:7,9
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#120 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:03 AM

Have not had a good deal on Gamer since July....are they seriously hoping we do not re-new?

Really? I've bought a bunch of games this past year using the @Gamer coupons. Even though they never had a lower priced sale on stuff like Prototype 2, I still bought it this month with the coupon because it came out to a cheap rental after trading it back in.

But my GCU is up in very early October, so I have to really decide quickly if I want to renew, especially if I want to perhaps get the welcome packet again before Black Friday to be able to use the coupons then.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image