New Router

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm thinking about picking up a new router. I bought a cheap one around 7 years ago and I think it's time to get a decent one, well one that I don't have to reset everyday and hopefully a longer wifi signal.

Anyone seen any good deals around? I haven't glanced at this week's best buy ad yet. I'll probably check out newegg as well.

Might set up deal alerts for some of the top rated ones:

Asus Rt-n56u
Asus Rt-n66u
Netgear wdnr4500( have it and love it)

The linksys ones are usually the pricest, and there is a white D Link N router that is pretty cheap that has a lot of good things said about it. Can't remember the part numbers, a little looking on newegg will help you out. Patience will be the key if your wanting a top end one. I bought one of those
staples coupons online and used it on my Netgear, so that's an option....make sure you use a known seller.

If you just want a solid reliable and cheap one, that older white D
link N has been around for a long time and is still popular. It'll have a ton of reviews on newegg to set it apart.

Also, note a new standard is.coming out within a year if yours can hold out.

Last edited by a moderator:
i heard Netgear are junk though not to push in on your topic or anything but i was looking for one as well just for

dowloading 3ds games

was thinking

NETGEAR Wireless Router - N300 (WNR2000) - at 45 (300mps)
or
NETGEAR RangeMax WNR1000 Wireless 33 (150mps)

now the system transfer might be a pain in the ass at the 150 since i had a belkin or something at 300 and it took an hour but to download games it took around 1 minute... until it stopped workin 4 days later

should of grabbed the n300 friday when it was 39.99 come on amazon drop it back to 40

The Asus RT-N56U will get you the most bang for your $$.

Netgear WDNR 4500 is very solid, a little more $$. I have it, like it a LOT.

The Asus RT-N66U is top of the line right now. All the performance of the WDNR 4500 but some added features like VPN server - which is why I want to upgrade already :)

It's really funny, all of the "top of the line" routers I have had have sucked. I'm rocking a cheap trendnet and the thing has been running amazing for years.

better router to just transfer dsi games

Belkin N150 Wireless N Router (Latest Generation) by Belkin

Belkin N300 Wireless N Router (Latest Generation) by Belkin

Belkin N450 Wireless Dual-Band N+ Router (Latest Generation)

or all junk

i think i can get

A for 25
B for 35
C for 45

at target till saturday

is the N450 worth it over the N300 and i wonder how bad the n150 is but for 10 more for double speed i doubt i would buy the cheapest

Two cents:

I had a conversation with a technician from my ISP a month ago when he dropped by, regarding brands of modems/routers. Based on which routers he'd seen last longest and which he'd seen fail soonest in customers' homes, he told me Linksys and another brand (Cisco? can't remember) always tended to last longest, while Belkin and D-Link seemed to fail soonest.

My own personal experiences have agreed with that observation. I have two Linksys routers, each about ten years old, which are still working great-- one wireless and one wired. On the other hand, I have a D-Link modem which has been having disconnection issues for the past few months (the technician came to verify that it wasn't an issue with the cables outside), and I purchased it new only 13 months ago.

So this is just my own recommendation to you to either buy Linksys, or do more research if you [very understandably] want to hear a few more opinions than just mine, before settling on a router, regardless of which happens to be on sale. ;) The difference between a Linksys router and other routers seemed to be only around $20-30 last time I checked, so getting something that will last long doesn't necessarily mean having to break the bank.

Hey, just saw this on slickdeals....might check itout. $48

http://m.slickdeals.net/f/5276304-Asus-RT-N16-Gigabit-Wireless-Router-w-USB-Storage-Printer-Media-Server-48-after-10-rebate-Free-Shipping

[quote name='slidecage']better router to just transfer dsi games

Belkin N150 Wireless N Router (Latest Generation) by Belkin

Belkin N300 Wireless N Router (Latest Generation) by Belkin

Belkin N450 Wireless Dual-Band N+ Router (Latest Generation)

or all junk

i think i can get

A for 25
B for 35
C for 45

at target till saturday

is the N450 worth it over the N300 and i wonder how bad the n150 is but for 10 more for double speed i doubt i would buy the cheapest[/QUOTE]

I had an old Belkin that was very solid considering it was .Draft N and lastest 5 years before I got sick of having to restart it every few days. Not bad considering it was a 5 year old draft.

bread's done
Back