The Official CAG October 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three last September grabs. The games are the last two from my GoHastings 30% off free shipping promo order. The Avengers Blu-Ray (sorry about the glare) is from Amazon at $19.99.

27290806-9D60-44AF-896B-416B185AC7D5-7026-0000047764581CA6.jpg

I don't understand why you would want to post 'shops to try and impress people on the internet.

On a happier note, I got that NBA 2K13 Dynasty Edition for ya!
Edit: Deleted because pic was too big, will resize later.

Last edited by a moderator:
RE6 archives.

All N64 $1 ea:
Perfect Dark Zero
Castlevania
SW: Rogue Squadron

$0.19 ea;
FF X Brady Guide
FFXII Brady Guide

The N64 games were cart only at my local thrift and the FF guides were in great shape (like new).

10/9:
Dishonored :360:
MUA Gold Edition :360: Was sooo stoked when I saw this at my BB for $7.99, came out to $2.18+tax after GCU & $5 RZ Cert. Too bad it was missing the manual.
Mass Effect 3 CE :ps3: This may go back tomorrow, it was one of those "new" used games that GS sells and even at $30 I'm still iffy (esp since I have all on :360: already, and have the trilogy pre-ordered on :ps3:)
Nyko Battery for :360: at Target for $5
WD Portable 320gb hd $15 also at Target

Gonna hit my local thrifts tomorrow (college discount day) but outside of the score I found earlier this month I haven't found anything else good this past summer.

10/14:
Sleeping Dogs :360:
Orange Box :360:
Too Human :360:
Battlefield 2142 :pc:
Mass Effect 1 :pc:
Mass Effect 2 :pc:
Sabatouer :pc:
SimCity 4 :pc:
C&C 4 :pc:

Thanks for the Origin screw up I finally have some games other than SWTOR in my library now.

10/16:
Vanquish :360:

My first month doing this... I'm scared looking at September's purchases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed a Model 2 Genesis AV cable off eBay for $4.99 so I can finally play my gen games on my TV, and also picked up a cart only copy of
-Subterrania (Genesis) $2.99 at my local Play N' Trade. This game is hard as fuck...at least the way I'm playing it is. I must be doing something wrong because I couldn't even pass the first stage XD

My last couple hauls from September were the following,

Turok Rage Wars (CIB)
Turok Rage Wars x2 (Loose)
Turok Rage Wars Grey (x2) (Loose, of course)
Castlevania Bloodlines (CIB)
Rocket Knight Adventures (x2) (CIB)
Fantasia (CIB)

Around $95 for everything.

Hopefully I'll get a better haul this month.

Here's what showed up at my door today, both from CAGs Tsel and Derfel!

ldlIQ.jpg

And some stuff from the end of September.
ll5dD.jpg

All taken with my terrible iphone camera!

ws7j42.jpg

I picked up
Resident Evil Zero - $7

Resident Evil Code Veronica X -$3.75

Resident Evil Outbreak - $5.50

I bought Outbreak and Code Veronica X from the same seller and he was nice enough to include the Resident Evil The Essentials Box with them. RE Outbreak is Brand new. I Got my Halloween Spirit going on!

[quote name='Eagle3ye']
-Subterrania (Genesis) $2.99 at my local Play N' Trade. This game is hard as fuck...at least the way I'm playing it is. I must be doing something wrong because I couldn't even pass the first stage XD[/QUOTE]

That game takes some serious getting used to. Had it as a kid and it was one of the first I re-bought.

Anyway, were you saving all the people and dropping them back off at the start point? lol.

LOLCAGcropped.jpg

smiley_rofl.gif

I picked up some crappy Infiniti wheels with Blizzaks for the winter the other day. No shelving required ;)

Also picked up a few more carvable foam pumpkins :D

478476E4-C520-45CE-88B2-19DDFF57AB11-4951-000002D73213A925.jpg

Some game stuff that won't fit on my non-new shelves is on the way as well :p

I think most of this was bought at the end of last month, but whatever...

201210pickups.jpg

I actually have two copies of Telestrations and the little bendy guy, but I saw no need to include both sets in the picture, especially since I'll be giving one as a present. I bought the wine because it sounded good, but it's pretty bitter. Tastes a bit like Encyclopedia. The little Cards Against Humanity box is the second expansion, which completes the set for now. The video games are self explanatory.

201210pickups2.jpg

Card catalog from the library at the school where my wife works. Sorry about the really crappy picture; this was taken in our small, cramped, cluttered back room and I could only get about three feet between the catalog and myself. It's really hard to tell in the picture, but this is about 4 feet high and maybe 5 or 6 feet long. And heavy as hell; at least 200 pounds or so. Sadly, I don't get to use this for my own purposes. My wife is using it to organize her random crap. She has all kinds of craft stuff and wholesale junk from Oriental Trading Company and it's cluttering up the place in a bad way, so this will help immensely.

201210pickups3.jpg

The main thing of interest here is the light switch, obviously. It was on sale for $15 (normally $30), so I couldn't pass it up even though I have nowhere to put it at the moment. The citrus spritzer was my free ThinkGeek gift; it was the only worthwhile thing available at my point level. I only bought the bacon croutons because I was one penny short of redeeming my free gift and that is the cheapest thing in the store. They don't taste much like bacon and I think they're a bit weird in salad (keep in mind that I've never had croutons before), but they're fantastic in tomato soup.

[quote name='Squarehard']There are no rules on CAG, only trolls.[/QUOTE]

Hear, hear!

On a side note, I gotta say I much prefer the greatest hits edition to Japan's "the best" bargain edition cover(view above exhibit).

No anime in the mail today, so had to buy something. :*(

I may cave and go out again later and see if there's something I want to buy in anime form.

You can buy me something Square. :]

Hmm. I actually thinking about picking up Gurren Lagann before it goes up in price again. Oh. Decisions decisions. :[

[quote name='Olengie']You can buy me something Square. :]

Hmm. I actually thinking about picking up Gurren Lagann before it goes up in price again. Oh. Decisions decisions. :[[/QUOTE]

Looks like it already did go back up.

It was $30 for the longest time on Rightstuf, but looks like it's gone up again.

[quote name='Olengie']Gurren Lagann[/QUOTE]

Is it bad that I read this as Green Lantern but in the ermahgerd way?

[quote name='Tsel']Is it bad that I read this as Green Lantern but in the ermahgerd way?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. I misread worse/stranger things.

2wei7lz.jpg

Price matched TRU at Best Buy. $10 each, epic deal!

2hs3ino.jpg

Got this with my Amazon trade-in credit windfall from last week, new from a third party seller. I'm not happy the box got smushed, but the hardware itself is amazing. I love the feel of it, the massive screens, and even the 3D is much better than all the regular 3DSes I've tried in store demos and stuff. No games for it yet but I did get Mighty Switch Force from the eShop. I'm loving this thing.

f0yq2q.jpg

Bought 999 with the new cover from Aksys in anticipation of Virtue's Last Reward. I've played the game but I never owned a copy. Just $19.99 shipped and they even added in some free Bit.Trip stickers.

Posted this in the ebay thread, I guess it wouldn't hurt to post it here as well.
xTOSh.jpg

First edition of Nintendo Power, in mint condition. The other 72 mags came with the lot I bought, but I mainly wanted just the first issue. There are some good ones in there though, such as the N64 Zelda issues, Banjo-Kazooie issues, and a few others, all in perfect condition with the posters included.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']
2wei7lz.jpg

Price matched TRU at Best Buy. $10 each, epic deal!

2hs3ino.jpg

Got this with my Amazon trade-in credit windfall from last week, new from a third party seller. I'm not happy the box got smushed, but the hardware itself is amazing. I love the feel of it, the massive screens, and even the 3D is much better than all the regular 3DSes I've tried in store demos and stuff. No games for it yet but I did get Mighty Switch Force from the eShop. I'm loving this thing.

f0yq2q.jpg

Bought 999 with the new cover from Aksys in anticipation of Virtue's Last Reward. I've played the game but I never owned a copy. Just $19.99 shipped and they even added in some free Bit.Trip stickers.[/QUOTE]

i hate you. I just ordered a copy of 999 from Aksys. Been wanting to play it but a used copy goes for about $20 on ebay/amazon
Already spent a ton at yardsales and on ebay today. lol

The one thing that totally turns me off of the XL is the Nerf-like aesthetic. It looks like it should be squishy. It's like the opposite of the old XL. Instead of it being the "grown up" gameboy, it's even more kiddie looking :(

That said, I still want one at some point :)

Ordered a ton of stuff online, but not having a pic for the weekend since I've been spending all my time moving stuff up and downstairs for the carpet stretch makes me sadface.

I'll be getting tons of stuff all next week, but I think I might have to make a trip outside later to buy something so I can post a pic at the very least. I feel so empty on the inside. T___T

[quote name='Squarehard']Ordered a ton of stuff online, but not having a pic for the weekend since I've been spending all my time moving stuff up and downstairs for the carpet stretch makes me sadface.

I'll be getting tons of stuff all next week, but I think I might have to make a trip outside later to buy something so I can post a pic at the very least. I feel so empty on the inside. T___T[/QUOTE]

Same here..put in tons of overtime at work gave me some money to get a bunch of games online that I've been after, plus a funtastic n64!

Don't mock me with Please Twins. :( Love the series. :lol"

I'm glad I'm not the only one who buys stuff similar to the one on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back