Playstation 3D display bundle- $159 shipped at Sony.com

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Kolgar

Kolgar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

For you guys that have this package, I have a question. On the 3D glasses, is the red light supposed to blink all the time? I have fully charged the glasses twice now, and that red light just blinks away when they are on. They seem to work fine, but I'm just curious if this is normal and not a sign of maybe a bad battery.

Yeah I think that's normal.

#32 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

For you guys that have this package, I have a question. On the 3D glasses, is the red light supposed to blink all the time? I have fully charged the glasses twice now, and that red light just blinks away when they are on. They seem to work fine, but I'm just curious if this is normal and not a sign of maybe a bad battery.

The glasses came with a manual, read it. It blinks at different internals for different reasons

#33 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

I think that's normal, I always keep mine off when not in use and don't really pay attention to the lights when I use it except to make sure it comes on initially.

#34 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

Thanks guys. Just to clear things up with mrshadow, I read the piece of paper the day we got the display.

Flashes: 3D mode
Flashes quickly: low battery

Not really clear when you don't know if the light blinking on and off every second is considered 3D mode, or low battery. Or does flashes quickly look like a strobe light?

This was why I asked.

#35 czissis

czissis

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

They have these for the same price at my local Sony Style store. Still a bit too much for me. Like everyone else I'm gonna hold out and hope for $99. Tons at the Sony store and Best Buys in the area.

#36 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

Just to let you, these more than likely will break on you, but you can get a new one with the warranty but the one they send you will more than likely break as well and the cycle will continue every 5-7 months or less until your warranty is over, than your gonna be screwed out of your cash and wish you never got this in the first place. I speak from experience

#37 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

my kmart had these for $100. I missed out on that though. An employee told me about it when i was buying the $20 3D glasses. he said they sold out quick (probably to him and other employees)

#38 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Thanks guys. Just to clear things up with mrshadow, I read the piece of paper the day we got the display.

Flashes: 3D mode
Flashes quickly: low battery

Not really clear when you don't know if the light blinking on and off every second is considered 3D mode, or low battery. Or does flashes quickly look like a strobe light?

This was why I asked.

What your seeing is 3d mode yes. Dead battery could be described as strobe light and then stay on light is simulview. (i think) that's why i said to read it because I'm not 100% sure and the manual describes it better. I want trying to come off as a Dick, sorry

#39 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

I've sent my display in twice already for repair/replacement. I need to send it back again due to yet another malfunction. I would stay away from this and buy a different display if you are looking for 3D.

There are 65 pages worth of posts in just this one thread (http://community.us....n/td-p/36454018)regarding the black screen issue (which is now happening for the second time) and one other time my display simply wouldn't turn on.

Just my two cents though.

Guys please don't buy this piece of crap. I had mine break twice already and sony warranty only covers it for a year. It takes about 15 days for u to get the repaired tv back. So its not worth it at all. Please stay away from this display.
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#40 ndcurtis

ndcurtis

Che@p Ass Person

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

So is the price at Best Buy $159 as well? Supposedly my local BB has them in stock when I use the stock finder on the Sony website.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#41 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

What your seeing is 3d mode yes. Dead battery could be described as strobe light and then stay on light is simulview. (i think) that's why i said to read it because I'm not 100% sure and the manual describes it better. I want trying to come off as a Dick, sorry

It's all good bro. Thanks for the information.

#42 SmokeCapone

SmokeCapone

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

My local kmart has one left for $149 clearances