Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy @Gamer Coupons expire 10/6 Mass Effect 3 $10, Lollipop Chainsaw $20 360 PS3

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#451 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

Yeah, that drove me nuts also. I'm mainly into stuff like Borderlands, Batman, Left 4 Dead, Resident Evil, etc etc. I don't even play any of the COD games anymore because they have got so old and repetitive. Not to mention the fact they have milked the hell out of the community with all the DLC and Elite stuff.

#452 hereon

hereon

Here-On Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

Wanted to thank the OP again for reminding me to make another trip to Best Buy :D
So glad I waited on Mass Effect 3 especially since I probably would have put it in the back log when it came out.
I'll play arrival tonight then onto 3 :)

#453 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

I also hated Darksiders, thats why when TRU had the $30 for DSII & Sleeping Dogs I just couldn't bite, even if I knew I could probably sell DSII.

As for ME goes, goodluck IATCG, if you do intend to beat ME2-3 during two days, be prepared to not sleep! Haha, or maybe you -could- beat them if you play on the easiest difficulty, but damn dude you really do live up to your name. Those games are two that I would def NOT rush since there's a whole lot of content.

I really don't care about extra content, as I usually only play games just for the main storyline anymore and skip side missions.

I've actually found myself playing a TON of BF1943 as of late and that is kind of shocking, since I normally can't stand FPS titles.

Then again, I play it more like GTA now and kamikaze everyone when trying for kills. LOL

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#454 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

So I ended up trading in 50 of the PS2 games I picked up at Gamestop 10 for $1 sale for $27.50 in Bestbuy credit and picked up Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3 using the coupons. Had to buy a magazine because I never received my Sept one to begin with, but it's all good to me. Traded in some sh!t to below average games to get two decent titles for the PS3.

#455 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:39 AM

So I ended up trading in 50 of the PS2 games I picked up at Gamestop 10 for $1 sale for $27.50 in Bestbuy credit and picked up Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3 using the coupons. Had to buy a magazine because I never received my Sept one to begin with, but it's all good to me. Traded in some sh!t to below average games to get two decent titles for the PS3.

Did you trade them all with the envelope that they give you? And is every ps2 game worth 25 cents at best buy?

#456 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

There are some PS2 titles that're worth slightly more, but I can't think of any offhand.

Posted Image

#457 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:48 AM

Did you trade them all with the envelope that they give you? And is every ps2 game worth 25 cents at best buy?

1) i have before
2) as far as i know

#458 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

I went back to my local Best Buy and saw another :ps3: ME3 CE on the shelf. I had grabbed the only one they had 2 days ago. I had to grab it even though I had to pay $5 for another magazine. I didn't notice until I got home though that it had a floater disk. I guess that's the one I'll be opening.

#459 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

1) i have before
2) as far as i know

Would you happen to know if the 10 for $1 is still live at GS?

#460 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:00 AM

There are some PS2 titles that're worth slightly more, but I can't think of any offhand.

have you started your me3 playthrough yet? how do you like it

#461 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:18 AM

have you started your me3 playthrough yet? how do you like it

Actually I haven't. I'm deciding if I want to play through it by checking out videos. If I see a lot of menu navigation and other non gameplay crap then it's likely being traded tomorrow.

Posted Image

#462 Derextreme

Derextreme

Do you even Sony?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

in case videos don't show, me3 also has action/story modes to play through. the action mode plays out everything for you(conversation decisions, skills, ect) to where it's pretty much only cutscenes. story mode lets you choose the conversation decisions, but plays the rest for you. don't really remember the equipment loadouts, but i don't think that was too involved. just a heads up, should be a quick playthrough especially if skipping side quests and extra convos.

405831.png               sig.gif

2014 completed games tab

#463 Zorn

Zorn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

In case you guys don't find the ME3 CE in stock at your local BBY, it seems to be in stock in their warehouse. They offered to do an in store order for me (its called OMS i think) and I was able to still use the coupon and it's going to get sent to the store, since they were all out of CE.

#464 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

Actually I haven't. I'm deciding if I want to play through it by checking out videos. If I see a lot of menu navigation and other non gameplay crap then it's likely being traded tomorrow.

you should just trade it in tomorrow then, there is a good amount of that

#465 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:59 AM

adjusted the price today on the ME3:CE that I bought on 8/11. $30, minus the $20 coupon, and I had a $10 Gift Card, so i paid 61 cents out of pocket

#466 SyxxHallNash

SyxxHallNash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

I don't get why so many people are on the fence about Lollipop Chainsaw for $20. If nothing else you could buy it, play it for a few days, and trade it in to get all your money back plus you'd get credit for the purchase and trade on your reward zone card. The game trades at $10, doubled to $20, and the extra 10% makes it $21. If you're even slightly interested in it it's worth getting now.

#467 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

you should just trade it in tomorrow then, there is a good amount of that

I guess that's what I'm going to do then.

I don't get why so many people are on the fence about Lollipop Chainsaw for $20. If nothing else you could buy it, play it for a few days, and trade it in to get all your money back plus you'd get credit for the purchase and trade on your reward zone card. The game trades at $10, doubled to $20, and the extra 10% makes it $21. If you're even slightly interested in it it's worth getting now.

That's exactly what I've been saying.

Posted Image

#468 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:04 AM

That's exactly what I've been saying.

That's assuming the TIV doesn't dip by the time I finish it, which is difficult since with limited free time, I'd rather play borderlands 2 with the Mrs.

And trips to BBY is time and gas coming into the equation....might as well get it at $10 sometime and have no pressure in beating it.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#469 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

I said...oh...well...then I'd like to return the game. He asked my "why?" and I told him "well, I'll return the game and get my $30 back...and then use another coupon and re-buy the game and it will be $20, so I'll get my $10 back that way." (my friend had a coupon he wasn't going to use). The employee looked at me and told me he would not allow me to return the game or purchase another one and then asked me to leave the store.

Next time tell him you'd like to return it out of spite, there's no way he can refuse that...

Posted Image

I'm really enjoying Lollipop Chainsaw so far. It's the most fun I've had with a SUDA51 game and might actually finish this one. (didn't finish Killer7 or SoTD but enjoyed them a bit). I like the fact that I'm not thinking "what exactly is going on here???" 75% of the time.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#470 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

Next time tell him you'd like to return it out of spite, there's no way he can refuse that...

But you aren't allowed to return open games, right?

#471 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

These are the highest valued PS2 game TIVs at BB(all base value):

Battle Engine Aquila-$1
EyeToy AntiGrav-$1
Final Fantasy XI-$1
The Dog Island-$0.50

If the 100% is extended, it 'could' go up in TIV after the sale.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#472 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:01 AM

Does anyone know if best buy had any deals on Xbox live gold subs on black Friday last year? I got my friends $15 off coupon from the COD mag but idk if I should wait til black Friday

#473 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:03 AM

These are the highest valued PS2 game TIVs at BB(all base value):

Battle Engine Aquila-$1
EyeToy AntiGrav-$1
Final Fantasy XI-$1
The Dog Island-$0.50

Thanks for the info, I read in the GameStop thread that only sports titles were 10 for $1, is this true?

#474 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

Does anyone know if best buy had any deals on Xbox live gold subs on black Friday last year? I got my friends $15 off coupon from the COD mag but idk if I should wait til black Friday

If your membership isn't due before then, why not wait?

Thanks for the info, I read in the GameStop thread that only sports titles were 10 for $1, is this true?

You're Welcome and no, there are all types of games in that sale(what's left of them, lol). People have all kinds of lists throughout that thread.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#475 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

If your membership isn't due before then, why not wait?

Yeah I guess, I'm just nervous I'll end having to pay the full price if there is no deal. My friend did tell me that he snagged four 3-month subs for $7 bucks each at best buy during black Friday but I said no way they would sell those for so cheap, can anyone confirm this by any chance?

#476 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

If the 100% is extended, it 'could' go up in TIV after the sale.

It could. Or it could go down even further. Either way, I'm likely getting rid of my copy of BF3 I finished as well. So between the two I've broke even on them.:) Not to mention I'm gonna be at BB today anyway for an interview, so might as well kill some time before they call me in. :D

Posted Image

#477 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

Yeah I guess, I'm just nervous I'll end having to pay the full price if there is no deal. My friend did tell me that he snagged four 3-month subs for $7 bucks each at best buy during black Friday but I said no way they would sell those for so cheap, can anyone confirm this by any chance?

Yes, I'm too lazy to check for the exact amount, but I think they were $8. You can search for the Black Friday thread from last year for confirmation.

#478 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:58 AM

Yeah, I actually took IATCG's advice and picked up Lollipop. I have so much credit at Best Buy that I figured it wouldn't hurt.

Anyway, I'll definitely be trading it back to them on Saturday, lol. The gameplay is appallingly simple and one dimensional. The story and dialogue are hardly funny. I "get it" ...but, still, I "don't get" what all the fucking hype is about. This game should have been a $10 digital download at best. Just to give people an idea: I've played it for about 2 hours and already, I'm 2 levels away from completion (out of a of total 5). You could beat this in one sitting! For those who go for all the trophies/achievements, I'm not sure how long it'd take to do that. And I suppose there's a little replay value with leaderboards, collectibles and difficulty hikes (which, again, likely have corresponding trophies)...but, meh, I'm done once I beat the final boss.

#479 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

I'm enjoying Lollipop so far, I'm only 2 levels in so far.. but then again I like the run and slash type games. I'm gonna get ME3 and Battlefield today, I can use reward zone certificates with these coupons right?

axlrose4183.png

#480 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

^ Yes.