Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy @Gamer Coupons expire 10/6 Mass Effect 3 $10, Lollipop Chainsaw $20 360 PS3

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#121 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

I know this is off-topic, but I've been looking into subscribing to @Gamer, but have heard that sometimes it can take over 2 months to get your first issue, sometimes they'll skip a month, etc. Can anyone confirm or deny any of this?

It's YMMV really. I never had that problem when I initially signed up.

#122 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

Guess ill be picking up Lollipop tomorrow with Re6

#123 Zygote

Zygote

Yu are the One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

can I price adjust a ME3 collectors that I bought 20 days ago?
"Do not scorn the weak cub - he may become a brutal tiger"
Ancient Mongolian Proverb

#124 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

I know this is off-topic, but I've been looking into subscribing to @Gamer, but have heard that sometimes it can take over 2 months to get your first issue, sometimes they'll skip a month, etc. Can anyone confirm or deny any of this?

You can usually get your first mag in store. After that though it's up to when they send off your application and stuff. I've heard most stores wait until they can batch several applications and send them all in together. Which means it could be a couple weeks before @gamer even knows you were interested. Then the usually couple weeks waiting period. If you get all set after the cut off date for sending out new magazines then you could miss your next one. But if you take the receipt you signed up for @gamer into the store and explain that your mag didn't show up they should give you the current month right there (this however has been YMMV for many people).

#125 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

You can usually get your first mag in store. After that though it's up to when they send off your application and stuff. I've heard most stores wait until they can batch several applications and send them all in together. Which means it could be a couple weeks before @gamer even knows you were interested. Then the usually couple weeks waiting period. If you get all set after the cut off date for sending out new magazines then you could miss your next one. But if you take the receipt you signed up for @gamer into the store and explain that your mag didn't show up they should give you the current month right there (this however has been YMMV for many people).

Thanks. Maybe I'll talk to the rep next time I'm in the store about this. He's the one who actually warned me about the mag in the first place.

#126 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Just picked up the last Mass Effect 3 CE :ps3: in Lewisville, TX :) $10.80 out the door!

Edited by RedFoxCommando, 01 October 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#127 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

Grabbed ME3 :360:, thanks a million OP. Lots of copies still left at my store, I'm thinking there's not a lot of CAGs around SLC.

And I wasn't smart enough to look if they had any PS3 CE's in stock...

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#128 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Just picked up the last Mass Effect 3 CE :ps3: in Lewisville :) $10.80 out the door!

How?

#129 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

I've never had them skip an issue, I'd guess that's fairly rare. Just make sure your address is correct upon signing up.

As for getting the first issue, remember that it is like any other magazine out there and takes 4-6ish weeks to receive your first mailed issue. They also only send them out at the beginning of the month - so if you have bad luck and just miss the mailing window you'll have to wait another month.

If you sign up in the later part of the month, you won't get the following month's magazine in the mail. If you sign up in the first week of a magazine being out, you might or might not get the following magazine in the mail. Again, 4-6 weeks.

From their FAQ:

Q - I'm a first time subscriber. When will my first issue arrive?
A - If this is your first time subscribing to @Gamer, your first print issue is shipped via US Mail and can take up to 4-6 weeks for delivery. Digital editions will arrive via email.

Kyden139.png

#130 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

No problem getting :360: Mass Effect 3 but got the last copy of :360: Lollipop Chainsaw. Between a $10 copy of ME3 and a $8 copy of ME I see no reason to buy the ME Trilogy. I will be on the lookout for a cheap ME2 now.

#131 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

How?

Mass Effect 3 CE :ps3: is $29.99 - $20 Off @Gamer coupon + tax = $10.80

#132 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Got my ME3 not sure when I will ever get around to playing it but still couldn't pass up on the price.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#133 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

20$ for Lollipop is still too much, I'm waiting for the gamefly sale !!
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#134 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

Mass Effect 3 CE :ps3: is $29.99 - $20 Off @Gamer coupon + tax = $10.80

Oh man thought it was 29.99 after The coupon.

There's one in the area about 60 miles away. About to gas up.

#135 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Oh man thought it was 29.99 after The coupon.

There's one in the area about 60 miles away. About to gas up.

Better call and have them hold it first.

#136 frogkopf

frogkopf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Got my ME3 not sure when I will ever get around to playing it but still couldn't pass up on the price.

Well, given the fact that the Mass Effect trilogy will be coming out in another month, it makes sense that they finally reduced the price of their stand along game.

#137 Manifest95

Manifest95

Every Dollar Counts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

No problem getting :360: Mass Effect 3 but got the last copy of :360: Lollipop Chainsaw. Between a $10 copy of ME3 and a $8 copy of ME I see no reason to buy the ME Trilogy. I will be on the lookout for a cheap ME2 now.

I remember my first issue of @Gamer got me ME2 for $5! Too bad you missed out on that one.

Hoping to get ME3 on my way home tonight. I have a few games in my car to trade in because I want to upgrade my vanilla copy of Dead Island to the GOTY edition when that coupon becomes active, so I should be able to grab both with the credit.
Posted Image

#138 AukeySeven

AukeySeven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Got the normal ME3 and LC, had $10 RZ and $20 cash in my pocket so as far as my wife knows I only spent $1.75.

Shhhh don't tell her or else I won't get any multi-play in the bedroom tonight ;)

#139 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Picked up a ME3 and Lollipop this morning for the xbox, Thanks OP.

So I had a extra ME3 coupon, while standing in line there were a couple of young guys behind me that I seen back in the gaming section. I decided to ask them if they wanted a coupon that would get the ME3 for $10. They both look at me like I'm crazy and like I was trying to hand them a anthrax laced coupon or some shit. They were like naw man and stepped back away from me as I was handing it to them, maybe they were stuck on not talking to strangers IDK.

:lol:I had the exact opposite experience. I was in BB to renew my Gamer's Club Unlocked subscription for another year and was debating if I wanted to grab Mass Effect 3 for PS3 for $10 or not, since I haven't even opened the copy of Mass Effect 2 I bought for $5 a while ago.

So as I'm standing there shooting the shit with the gaming rep, this hot mom comes up and asks him about Madden 12 for the 360, which she wants to get for her kid. She has a pre-owned copy in her hand. So I had my coupons out anyway to rip the ME3 one off of the rest and notice the $15 off a pre-owned Madden 12 or NCAA Football 12 one. I'm like 'I have a coupon here that'll get you $15 off that used price' and hand it to her.:) She's smiling and thanks me at least 2-3x.

Then, of course, I did nothing to follow up.:-s#-o Not that I woulda ever stood a chance with a woman like that anyway, but I mean....damnnnnnn.:drool:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#140 thoracic

thoracic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

Traded in Mass Effect 3 vanilla for $14 and got the CE for $9.99. Also picked up Lollipop Chainsaw for $20 while I was there.

#141 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Got the normal ME3 and LC, had $10 RZ and $20 cash in my pocket so as far as my wife knows I only spent $1.75.

Shhhh don't tell her or else I won't get any multi-play in the bedroom tonight ;)

I think my wife seeing me play a game with a highschool cheerleader that allows upskirt camera views might dampen any hopes of bedroom co-op more than budgetary concerns. :)

#142 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

By the way boys and girls, I figured I should mention this(already mentioned in another @Gamer coupon thread), but I'll put this here too in decent sized font for everyone to see.

If you're up for renewal soon for the GCU and really wanted that COD "special" issue, then renew NOW and have them scan that issue when at the store renewing. WHY?

THE $10 COD special issue WILL ZERO OUT when renewing the GCU if they scan it as part of the transaction!!!!

Posted Image

#143 FlashStash

FlashStash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

I did just that about thirty minutes ago and no, it did not zero out... They had to manually zero it out for me.

This was a renewal, and they brought up the magazine and zeroed it out manually without me asking though.

#144 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

It worked for me automatically. They scanned my RZ card, the flyer barcode to renew for $14.99 and then the special edition mag. It brought up a pop up before the end of the transaction to apply the package and then it zeroed the mag out while charging me $16 for the renewal.

Posted Image

#145 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

By the way boys and girls, I figured I should mention this(already mentioned in another @Gamer coupon thread), but I'll put this here too in decent sized font for everyone to see.

If you're up for renewal soon for the GCU and really wanted that COD "special" issue, then renew NOW and have them scan that issue when at the store renewing. WHY?

THE $10 COD special issue WILL ZERO OUT when renewing the GCU if they scan it as part of the transaction!!!!

How does this work? I keep seeing people mention a $5 coupon for renewing or various promotions like this but every time i ask the employees at the store they look at me with a blank look on their face and say there are no promotions for renewing at all.

How does a magazine zero out if you renew? And whats the COD special issue?

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#146 Skydude

Skydude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

I hadn't even looked on here before heading to Best Buy to trade in a few things today, was going to use the ME3 coupon to get it for $20, so imagine my surprise when I saw it marked down so I could get it for $10 instead.

So now I think I've used at least one coupon from every issue since I got the subscription in the spring (the one with Rage for $5).
Posted Image

#147 GirlsRscandalouz

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

I think my wife seeing me play a game with a highschool cheerleader that allows upskirt camera views might dampen any hopes of bedroom co-op more than budgetary concerns. :)

hahahahahahah

#148 Golden Lemonz

Golden Lemonz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Oh god that should be my new signature.

But looks like I'll pick up ME3 Thursday after I make some trades towards Dishonored (crossing my fingers sleeping dogs doesn't drop with the new @gamer coupons coming out before thursday)

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended." -Queen Myrrah

#149 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Nice. I was able to get a PS3 ME3 CE for 10 bucks. I just wish IT Was a 360 copy instead

#150 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

I picked up LC today, had plenty of mags left.. Cost like $27 w/ tax for the Mag and the game.

axlrose4183.png