Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy @Gamer Coupons expire 10/6 Mass Effect 3 $10, Lollipop Chainsaw $20 360 PS3

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#151 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

Oh man thought it was 29.99 after The coupon.

There's one in the area about 60 miles away. About to gas up.

Save your gas and time. Have your closest store OMS it from that store to theirs. You pay for it (and apply your coupon) now and they'll call you to pick it up when it arrives.

#152 AukeySeven

AukeySeven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

I think my wife seeing me play a game with a highschool cheerleader that allows upskirt camera views might dampen any hopes of bedroom co-op more than budgetary concerns. :)

Lol, it's not about the cost of the games as much as the quantity of games I have been buying... This last week I bought 6 games and only beat one (shadow of the damned).

#153 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

The deal hunter in me is dying to pick up PS3 versions of ME3 and Battlefield 3 for $10 even though I own both for Xbox 360. I guess I am just anxious to feel like I am getting something out of the coupons before they expire. Any justification for either game on PS3 if I already own them on Xbox?

Buy them to make a quick buck online?

#154 Enixbelmont

Enixbelmont

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

When I subscribed, they gave me the month before this cause they were out of stock of this issue.

Is there any way I can get the magazine this is in if i complain?

#155 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

Wow, did Gamespot pan RE6. You might wanna consider the video review before picking up preorders tomorrow.

#156 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

Can't find a PS3 copy of N7. Disappointing...

#157 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Wow, did Gamespot pan RE6. You might wanna consider the video review before picking up preorders tomorrow.

not really very surprising. RE, and cacpcom in general have been spiraling down the drain for years. Im not sure what the deal is with most Japanese devs these days but they just seem to be unable to make a decent game anymore, with a few exceptions if you like traditional RPGs and stuff. Dont even get me started on the fiasco with Capcoms fighting game BS

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#158 morpheus47

morpheus47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

I think my wife seeing me play a game with a highschool cheerleader that allows upskirt camera views might dampen any hopes of bedroom co-op more than budgetary concerns. :)

My wife had an issue with it too, but then I remembered she's just a woman so it doesn't matter what she thinks.

#159 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

$10 ME3 CE, count me in!

#160 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

Should at least have asked for a kiss in return. You never know. One act of kindness for another. :D

:lol:I had the exact opposite experience. I was in BB to renew my Gamer's Club Unlocked subscription for another year and was debating if I wanted to grab Mass Effect 3 for PS3 for $10 or not, since I haven't even opened the copy of Mass Effect 2 I bought for $5 a while ago.

So as I'm standing there shooting the shit with the gaming rep, this hot mom comes up and asks him about Madden 12 for the 360, which she wants to get for her kid. She has a pre-owned copy in her hand. So I had my coupons out anyway to rip the ME3 one off of the rest and notice the $15 off a pre-owned Madden 12 or NCAA Football 12 one. I'm like 'I have a coupon here that'll get you $15 off that used price' and hand it to her.:) She's smiling and thanks me at least 2-3x.

Then, of course, I did nothing to follow up.:-s#-o Not that I woulda ever stood a chance with a woman like that anyway, but I mean....damnnnnnn.:drool:

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#161 Birbo

Birbo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

Damn you guys! I've only played about 30 minutes of ME1 and have ME2 unopened. How can I pass up a $10 copy of ME3 to complete the trilogy?

#162 samusaran226

samusaran226

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

Question: Best Buy now price matches Amazon, right? Regular edition of ME3 is 20 bucks on Amazon so could I get Best Buy to price match the $20 price and then use my $20 gamer coupon to get the game for free? I'm new to gamer (just signed up less than 2 weeks ago) so I'm not sure how these coupons work. I see the "fine print" says not valid with other coupons or offers but a price match is different, no? Anyone have any experience with this??

#163 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

Question: Best Buy now price matches Amazon, right? Regular edition of ME3 is 20 bucks on Amazon so could I get Best Buy to price match the $20 price and then use my $20 gamer coupon to get the game for free? I'm new to gamer (just signed up less than 2 weeks ago) so I'm not sure how these coupons work. I see the "fine print" says not valid with other coupons or offers but a price match is different, no? Anyone have any experience with this??

Matching AMZ is YMMV and double dipping with PM is also, extremely YMMV.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#164 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

No you can't price match and use the coupon. And my best buy doesn't match any online prices.

#165 BadBrains

BadBrains

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Thanks for the heads up op!

#166 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

Going to get RE6 and Lollipop for myself tomorrow and a ME3 CE for PS3 for a CAG friend. Called my store, they have one ME3CE and are holding it for me till tomorrow...or so they say.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#167 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

Nice. I was able to get a PS3 ME3 CE for 10 bucks. I just wish IT Was a 360 copy instead

I'm trying to decide if I'd rather have the N7 version on the PS3 or the regular 360 version. Since your save carries over, I think the 360 would be the better choice for me (assuming I ever finish ME2), but I'm not 100% sure yet.

decker%2001.jpg

#168 samusaran226

samusaran226

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

Matching AMZ is YMMV and double dipping with PM is also, extremely YMMV.

No you can't price match and use the coupon. And my best buy doesn't match any online prices.

Well one of my friends who works for Best Buy tells me that they are supposed to price match Amazon (at his store at least) despite what some misinformed associates tell you. I just didn't want to bother him with some Best Buy questions if I could get the answer here but I guess I'll bug him a bit just to shed more light on this question lol.

#169 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

Well one of my friends who works for Best Buy tells me that they are supposed to price match Amazon (at his store at least) despite what some misinformed associates tell you. I just didn't want to bother him with some Best Buy questions if I could get the answer here but I guess I'll bug him a bit just to shed more light on this question lol.

I remember someone posted that it is a trial thing with them matching Amazon, so apparently it's only happening at some stores. As far as pricematching and then using the coupon, that's considered "double dipping" and they aren't suppose to stack the coupon on top of that if they go by the book. Of course, that may be YMMV if you get lucky.

#170 Cinderellaman108

Cinderellaman108

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

Did anyone had trouble using this coupon and the one that some of us received during the week with the mystery bonus credit ($5)

#171 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

:lol:I had the exact opposite experience. I was in BB to renew my Gamer's Club Unlocked subscription for another year and was debating if I wanted to grab Mass Effect 3 for PS3 for $10 or not, since I haven't even opened the copy of Mass Effect 2 I bought for $5 a while ago.

So as I'm standing there shooting the shit with the gaming rep, this hot mom comes up and asks him about Madden 12 for the 360, which she wants to get for her kid. She has a pre-owned copy in her hand. So I had my coupons out anyway to rip the ME3 one off of the rest and notice the $15 off a pre-owned Madden 12 or NCAA Football 12 one. I'm like 'I have a coupon here that'll get you $15 off that used price' and hand it to her.:) She's smiling and thanks me at least 2-3x.

Then, of course, I did nothing to follow up.:-s#-o Not that I woulda ever stood a chance with a woman like that anyway, but I mean....damnnnnnn.:drool:

What a surprising end to that story.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#172 UnseenGamer7

UnseenGamer7

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

I am a gamers club unlocked member as of last month but haven't received my first gamer issue. How do I retrieve the coupons that are being mentioned? I would love to pick ME3 for ten dollars.

#173 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

Thank you so much OP!!! LC was the only thing I wanted this month. I had $15 in credit so paying $5 for it out of pocket was a steal.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#174 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Boy, they sure waited till the last minute on ME3 and LC. I tried ordering both online for store pickup, but apparantly there is no way to use the magazine coupons online.

They told me to just call my local store, and they have pulled them now so I can pop over and snag them on cheap.

THIS is why I love CAG!

#175 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

I wish we could redeem these stupid things online. GAH, hate dealing with BB personnel. And what a waste of gas and time. I guess the point is to get us inside the store, though. Anway, thanks, OP. ME3 is only worth $5...and that's exactly what I paid (with RZ).

#176 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

I don't mind.. its right next to walmart anyway, and there is always some crap we need there.

#177 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Did anyone had trouble using this coupon and the one that some of us received during the week with the mystery bonus credit ($5)

Nope, did it this morning, no problems.

#178 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Grabbed BF3 (PS3) & ME3 (360) for 20+tax. I didn't want to drive far for the ME3 CE (PS3) so I just grabbed ME3 to complete the trilogy. I now officially own all 3 ME games for $25 so I'm happy except I haven't even started ME1 yet.
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#179 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

I remember someone posted that it is a trial thing with them matching Amazon, so apparently it's only happening at some stores. As far as pricematching and then using the coupon, that's considered "double dipping" and they aren't suppose to stack the coupon on top of that if they go by the book. Of course, that may be YMMV if you get lucky.

I live in bumfuck Wisconsin and my store just started to. Though only 1 of the 3 employees standing there knew about it. The other three both commented "really, we do?"

#180 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Nope, just did it about an hour ago. No override necessary.

I found it funny that before she even scanned the print-out, she immediately said "That's worth $5, by the way."