Photo
- - - - -

TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

• Please log in to reply
812 replies to this topic

#331 deletion

deletion

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

Lucky for you. The BB and Frys I know will want to get on the phone and call that shit in to see if there is anything in stock first. I do wonder about Walmart and Target. O_o

my experience with walmart and target, is that you need to have the physical ad to do a price match.
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#332 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

Just ask them to pricematch the price. When I asked them to only pricematch diablo (only game i wanted at the time) they said sure and gave it to me for 10. I came back early the next day and did the same for starcraft 2 and skyrim. They were wary of doing the PM for SC2 due to it being a digital card, but they let it pass. I was very happy with them and even did the survey on receipt to give them mad props

You just asked him to PM lol? Did you have any proof? I might just bring in my damn laptop and have it on the online store page

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#333 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

Just ask them to pricematch the price. When I asked them to only pricematch diablo (only game i wanted at the time) they said sure and gave it to me for 10. I came back early the next day and did the same for starcraft 2 and skyrim. They were wary of doing the PM for SC2 due to it being a digital card, but they let it pass. I was very happy with them and even did the survey on receipt to give them mad props

Calling BS on this my best buy and walmart ALWAYS call other store for stock, no stock, no pricematch. Walmart you can get away with this sometime with an ad paper.

#334 RBCJoker

RBCJoker

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

You just asked him to PM lol? Did you have any proof? I might just bring in my damn laptop and have it on the online store page

I literally just showed up and handed him my phone with all of the games that were 10 and manager came by and confirmed to him that toysrus is having a sale, so i got the games

#335 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

Calling BS on this my best buy and walmart ALWAYS call other store for stock, no stock, no pricematch. Walmart you can get away with this sometime with an ad paper.

you can get away with it sometimes, i remember the saints row the third collectors edition for $9.99 at toys' r us, even though it was clearly a price mistake. ppl were able to price match it at bestbuy until toys' r us took down the listing on the game from their website. it is possible, but you need alot of luck tho, LOL

#336 jw430

jw430

Some say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

you can get away with it sometimes, i remember the saints row the third collectors edition for $9.99 at toys' r us, even though it was clearly a price mistake. ppl were able to price match it at bestbuy until toys' r us took down the listing on the game from their website. it is possible, but you need alot of luck tho, LOL

It is really YMMV, store to store

#337 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

Now this dude might be on to something. Maybe print the online product websites and try to pass that shit off at Walmart. I still doubt Best Buy and Fry's will buy that shit.

Does Target PM?
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#338 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

If someone uploaded a copy if their receipt with Diablo 3 and Skyrim that might work as well.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#339 nflsonic

nflsonic

Your Title is Not Enough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

No go in the Henrietta, NY location. Apparently they had SC2 for $10, but there was only one copy. Looks to me that their phases out the PC games as there was hardly else on that shelf besides a Starcraft 1 Battlechest and Warcraft 3 Battlechest.

milesbanner.jpg

Currently Playing:
:ps4: BF4, inFamous: SS   :ps3:: The Last of Us |  :pc:: Starcraft 2 | :3ds:: Pokemon Y | :vita:: Tearaway |  :wiiu:: Zelda: WWHD 

#340 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

No go in the Henrietta, NY location. Apparently they had SC2 for $10, but there was only one copy. Looks to me that their phases out the PC games as there was hardly else on that shelf besides a Starcraft 1 Battlechest and Warcraft 3 Battlechest.

I'm not sure if it's been stated, but that's definitely what's happening. And if the 2 I went to that said they didn't have anymore were evidence of what they are planning, it's table related. I couldn't focus in on what I was seeing but it looked like tablet software. O_o

#341 stavros90

stavros90

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

Nothing at Fairfax or Alexandria, VA locations. I also stopped by Best Buy to try and price match it and they said they couldn't since it wasn't in stock nearby.

#342 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

Now this dude might be on to something. Maybe print the online product websites and try to pass that shit off at Walmart. I still doubt Best Buy and Fry's will buy that shit.

Does Target PM?

no way target will pm without a valid legit ad, so your best bet, and only hope is to try to see if you can get a pricematch at bestbuy or frys

#343 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

I've had BBY pm without calling another store b4, it is very ymmv though. and I doubt you could do it without them calling since this is 50 bux off a 60 dollar game.

You might also get lucky and the TRU person on the phone may not know shit. Or go right before BBY closes, as the register person will wanna get the Fuck outta there and not put up with being on hold by TRU.

I would definitely try BBY's, as this seems more likely than finding D3 at TRU, since all the hoarders have hit by now.

Good Luck

#344 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

no way target will pm without a valid legit ad, so your best bet, and only hope is to try to see if you can get a pricematch at bestbuy or frys

What about Walmart?

Cause I like my odds of getting a date with Mal Malloy within 4 hours (which might be hard with me being in Houston and her being who the Fuck knows) vs Bestbuy or Fry's price matching anything without calling it in. One asshole Best Buy made me wait in store for close to a hour. Another one said they couldn't reach anybody and said they couldn't do it.

Thing is I've gotten Fry's and Best Buy to look at phones and printed off ads. But they always call if it's over 50% off. Not in stock, boom. I wouldn't think Target PM'd at all really but walmart does. Just not sure how tight they are.

#345 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

well I cant decide if i want to just go to best buy or call first. everyone should get on this immediately while skyrim and diablo 3 are on the toys r us site. I'm pretty sure all best buys will check a website for a price and the prices at toys r us site clearly says they are for in store and not online only. the question is just whether or not your best buy will call to check stock. I'm thinking I should just try diablo 3 figure chances of them not calling for one game is better than 2.

#346 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

What about Walmart?

Cause I like my odds of getting a date with Mal Malloy within 4 hours (which might be hard with me being in Houston and her being who the Fuck knows) vs Bestbuy or Fry's price matching anything without calling it in. One asshole Best Buy made me wait in store for close to a hour. Another one said they couldn't reach anybody and said they couldn't do it.

Thing is I've gotten Fry's and Best Buy to look at phones and printed off ads. But they always call if it's over 50% off. Not in stock, boom. I wouldn't think Target PM'd at all really but walmart does. Just not sure how tight they are.

walmart will require you to have a valid ad as well. maybe you will get lucky this time pming at bestbuy

#347 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

Did not come here expecting a Mal Malloy reference. Dat ass.

Been calling every TRU in the area, and virtually all of them don't have PC games period. Murfreesboro had them but got hit hard when the prices dropped... of course. Strangest of all: For giggles, I called the store I walked into yesterday that had no PC games out, and the dude was telling me "all we have are WoW expansions, Starcraft II, stuff like that." ??????? I'm thinking he's not up-to-speed but I'm about to go take a look and tease myself again.

On another note, I've never had much trouble PM'ing at BB and they've never had to call another store to verify stock. They'd probably look at me like I lost my mind if I tried to match a ten-dollar D3, but... hmm...

Edit for TN CAGs: the Clarksville store has two copies of Starcraft II as we speak. Didn't ask about anything else (well, I did ask about D3 but wasn't told anything). I'm not driving a 110-mile round trip just to get it since it'd only be a gift, but... well, I'd finish this sentence but I'd be struck with the Sightless Post Eradication Mallet.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#348 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

Success! Was able to PM at Walmart with relatively little trouble. Cashier called for a CSM and she called for a manager, but they both looked at the page on my phone and agreed it's legit. I only picked up Diablo 3, which is the one I was after, because they were out of Skyrim.

I may drive out to Best Buy tomorrow to try for Skyrim, since they are usually pretty cool with me when it comes to PM's.

Proof:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#349 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

Success! Was able to PM at Walmart with relatively little trouble. Cashier called for a CSM and she called for a manager, but they both looked at the page on my phone and agreed it's legit. I only picked up Diablo 3, which is the one I was after, because they were out of Skyrim.

I may drive out to Best Buy tomorrow to try for Skyrim, since they are usually pretty cool with me when it comes to PM's.

Proof:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Guess whos going to walmart this instance? THIS GUY!!!

#350 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

Congratulations and kudos! My hat's off to your enterprising efforts! :applause:

How was the Gatorade?

#351 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

lol, best of luck

#352 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

Congratulations and kudos! My hat's off to your enterprising efforts! :applause:

How was the Gatorade?

Good. Sad you didn't ask about my Chocolate Chunk granola bars, though..

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#353 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

I literally just showed up and handed him my phone with all of the games that were 10 and manager came by and confirmed to him that toysrus is having a sale, so i got the games

Were you on the TRU website on your phone or was it just a list?

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#354 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

Good luck, my nearest Walmart refused to price-match the majority of BB's gaming blowout despite the prices being on the website - they wanted a paper ad. Walmart policies being followed is YMMV, as you can probably imagine.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#355 jw430

jw430

Some say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Too bad TRU doesn't have MW3 on their website,

#356 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

Good luck, my nearest Walmart refused to price-match the majority of BB's gaming blowout despite the prices being on the website - they wanted a paper ad. Walmart policies being followed is YMMV, as you can probably imagine.

Walmart changed to a more hassle-free PM policy recently, so paper ads should not be required for reasonable PM's. Part of this new policy is, and I quote:

We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor's ad.

http://corporate.wal...match-guarantee

The downside is that point is null with such a huge price difference, BUT the saving grace with this price is on the page, it clearly states "in-store" which was the hook for the manager to go along with it. Whether or not they decide to call the store to check stock is YMMV.

#357 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:09 AM

I'll try to PM D3 or SC2 tonight at walmart after work. I tried one of the TRU and they only had the Sims 3 expansions, 3 copies of BF3 and one AC:R. I would have bit on BF3 and AC:R but I already own them for consoles and I don't expect to play them any time soon until I start building a new PC in December or early next year. D3 or SC2 on the other hand, I'm planning to play as soon as I beat RE6 if I can find them.
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#358 BelgarathTAO

BelgarathTAO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

Were you on the TRU website on your phone or was it just a list?

Right now I can only find Skyrim and D3 on the TRU website, no SC2. Can anyone confirm a Best Buy pricematch from just the website? And do they look it up and call? I know my local TRU is completely out/never had any for a while.

Just trying to figure out a SC2 PM with it not even on the website.

Belgarath the Ancient One

#359 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

Shit, how did I miss this?

#360 jw430

jw430

Some say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

Can anyone confirm a Best Buy pricematch from just the website? And do they look it up and call? I know my local TRU is completely out/never had any for a while.

Bestbuy PM online prices for sure, since I have done it before. However, it is really up to the manager. So YMMV again.