TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

Ghostrain

CAGiversary!
[quote name='shrike4242']Stop with all of the trade/sell/buy requests in here, effective immediately.

Put all of those requests in here, please:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shrike4242']
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329477
[/QUOTE]

Just went into my local TRU and spotted their PC section looking barren, and cheap too!

Found Batman Arkham City, The Sims 3 (Pets and Ambitions too), Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, Starcraft II, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and RAGE all on PC for $9.98 each.

I know there's a TRU Clearance thread, but this seemed big enough to post about on its own.

I know this pic is blurry, but it's the best I could do:

m0rTC.jpg

Can get a pic of my Starcraft II receipt if you'd like too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diablo 3 is also is on clearance for $9.98, just wish I would have been able to get ahold of one of them, damn flipper bought the last 2 while i was there to sell on ebay.

confirmed....went to my local tonight and got a couple sims 3 expansions and Arkham City. That's all they had though.

SC2 is tempting for $10. However, the closest Toys R Us is 1 hour away from me. I want to go get it, but it would suck to just get there and find out they are either selling for original price or sold out. Anybody want to help me get a copy if possible? I'll give you $15 for it. I just want the code. Don't care about the boxes and stuff.

Wow...I can't even play half these games on my PC, but I would gladly grab SC2 for a future upgrade....Sims 3 ain't bad either.

I'll wait for someone to confirm this and then make the trek out there...Haven't been in a TRU in years.

If anyone gets an extra copy of SC2 or Diablo 3 please PM. Very interested, just need the keys, will Paypal gift you the money.

What's going on?
Is TRU trying to get rid of their PC inventory or something?

I can't think of anybody else (at retail) that would put MW3, SC2, or D3 for $10 each...
[eyebrow raised]

Hell, I don't think I've even seen digital download services hit those prices for those games!

Colour me interested...might have to check my local TRU tomorrow or some time soon...

EDIT:
Can't recall the last time I walked into a TRU either...geez...
Hell, does my TRU even carry PC games anymore?
[raising eyebrow]

Very tempted by AC and Batman but I'm pretty sure they will be even cheaper during the Steam Winter sale. MW3 on the other hand probably won't be cheaper for the next two years...

[quote name='BLink']Very tempted by AC and Batman but I'm pretty sure they will be even cheaper during the Steam Winter sale. MW3 on the other hand probably won't be cheaper for the next two years...[/QUOTE]

Already got AC: Revelations and Batman: AC.

Batman: AC is great - even despite it using G4WL.

AC: Revelations....been disappointing with some of its new gameplay mission types (i.e. Desmond's block puzzles and the new defense tower missions). And no, I haven't finished it. I should get back to it, sometime...but I lost interest in it very fast, surprisingly. Maybe it's not liking the new elements and that the game often feels like a lot more of the same, after the excellent AC2 and AC:B...

[quote name='YBX87']lol, where does the poster mention diablo 3[/QUOTE]

He didn't. Someone else did when they confirmed it in their store.

I wonder how much that Mists of Pandaria is, since it just came out. It would be hilarious to be on clearance already.

I can't blame TRU for dumping their PC stock. I can't imagine many, if any PC gamers would shop at TRU to get their games.

I'm going to check mine after school on the way home. I beat Arkham City on Xbox, but wouldn't mind playing it for PC.

haha this is funny, especially D3, tbh thats what its worth.

Better get the stuff you want, its a pretty nice deal for boxes!

Second Diablo 3 account? Tempting.

Good deals overall, TRU is geting out of the PC business? I mean, D3 is going to be a good seller for years to come. Seems silly to mark it so low.

Wow. This is a ridiculously good deal. I'm gonna swing by my local TRU this afternoon after work. Been lookin for Starcraft 2 but didn't wanna pay $35-$40 for it. Will also keep an eye out for additional copies for other CAG's as well

[quote name='Platos']I wonder how much that Mists of Pandaria is, since it just came out. It would be hilarious to be on clearance already.[/QUOTE]

Mists of Pandaria is still $40. Checked yesterday.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Second Diablo 3 account? Tempting.

Good deals overall, TRU is geting out of the PC business? I mean, D3 is going to be a good seller for years to come. Seems silly to mark it so low.[/QUOTE]

The PC games don't sell at all. If any sell, its usually WoW. Its a shame though, was hoping we would start getting more games for PC. Seems like that isn't going to happen now.

Good thing I live near a TRU now. I'll have to swing by on my way home. I would be in for D3 or SC2 for that price.

Going to check mine after work. SC2 would definitely be worth it, though since I work, I'm sure most of the local cags have already grabbed them up :(

Just checked out a TRU in Brockton, MA (right near Westgate Mall).
Here's some of what I saw for PC games at $10:

Skyrim
COD: Modern Warfare 3 --> I took the last one there, so sorry guys; only game I picked-up there.
AC: Revelations
Batman: Arkham City
Sims 3: Pets expansion
Sims 3: Ambitions expansion
Diablo II: Battle Chest
Starcraft 1: Battle Chest
WOW: Battle Chest
WOW: Cataclysm
RAGE

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wario64']If anyone wants to get me a Starcraft 2 key...that'd be awesome[/QUOTE]

I'm getting one for a CAG if I see any. If they have anymore ill be glad to pick you one up.

[quote name='MysterD']Just checked out a TRU in Brockton, MA (right near Westgate Mall).
Here's some of what I saw for PC games at $10:

Skyrim
COD: Modern Warfare 3 --> I took the last one there, so sorry guys; only game I picked-up there.
AC: Revelations
Batman: Arkham City
Sims 3: Pets expansion
Sims 3: Ambitions expansion
Diablo II: Battle Chest
Starcraft 1: Battle Chest
WOW: Battle Chest
WOW: Cataclysm
RAGE[/QUOTE]

Were they in a special bin or still in the normal place locked up in the gaming shelf?

Picked up the last copies of Modern Warfare 3 and Batman: AC. Saw a bunch of copies of Battlefield 3 and 2 copies of Assassin's Creed Revelation left on the shelf in Gainesville, FL location.

Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']I'm assuming if you find them on your shelves at full price, it will ring up at $10?

Has that been the case for some of you?[/QUOTE]
Yes, at the store I went to all price labels changed to about $10 on shelves. I only game I think most found over $10 is the WOW Pandaria expansion pack, the rest of games I think are $10.

[quote name='poet17eric']Vernon Hills, IL has nothing left except one WOW Battlechest.[/QUOTE]
Bah, of all the Toys R Us's I go to and it has to be empty...

bread's done
Back