Photo
- - - - -

TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

• Please log in to reply
812 replies to this topic

#421 Smef

Smef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

My super awesome wife just picked up MW3 for me and another copy of BF3 for herself so that we can play together. $10 each!

#422 crisicola

crisicola

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

TRU in upstate NY only had AC:R and Batman.

my mom was going to Walmart today to pick up a few things while I was at work so I told her to try to PM Diablo 3, just for kicks. I gave her the print out of the website I was going to use to try to PM at Best Buy today and I didn't get my hopes up since it's so YMMV. The cashier wasn't gonna let it slide but a nearby awesome manager overheard and let her buy it at $10. Lucky!

Edited by crisicola, 05 October 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#423 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

My super awesome wife just picked up MW3 for me and another copy of BF3 for herself so that we can play together. $10 each!

One of the few times "super awesome" was used and it was warranted.

#424 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

was able to successfully price match diablo @ wally world. thanks to whoever pointed that out

Currently Playing
:ps3: Tales of Symphonia

DahkX.png

#425 ic dedpeeps

ic dedpeeps

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

Where is the add or web link for this to price match? I can't find it!

#426 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

Skyrim - http://www.toysrus.c...ductId=12409877
Diablo 3 - http://www.toysrus.c...ductId=12859111

I loaded up both in Chrome on separate tabs and I split screened it so they could see the price on both games. Did this before I went in the store so all I had to do was power it on.

No Starcraft link, boooooooo.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#427 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=4193249

Wrong price though so it hardly matters.
76561197996844513.png

#428 ic dedpeeps

ic dedpeeps

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

Thanks guys! I couldn't even find the games listed on TRUs website.

#429 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

I was perplexed why this thread blew up. Now I know.

#430 masterd919

masterd919

Games, games and more games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

Heading out this weekend to check for a SC2 at 2 separate TRU's...

It feels a bit like searching for the golden ticket at this point, but it's certainly worth a shot. It's been out for quite some time, I wish that would just be the standard price now.

#431 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=4193249

Wrong price though so it hardly matters.

Hmm, maybe return and rebuy at in-store price. The problem with that is if it works is online purchases returned in-store receive an in-store credit and no refunds.

#432 Lord Alfred

Lord Alfred

Dr. Zoidberg

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

good job

but surprising

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised myself.

#433 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hmm, maybe return and rebuy at in-store price. The problem with that is if it works is online purchases returned in-store receive an in-store credit and no refunds.

The order probably wouldn't go through anyway, that listing doesn't actually show up on the website without url manipulation.
76561197996844513.png

#434 cyrax2768

cyrax2768

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

Just scored Skyrim at Best Buy PM in Hialeah, FL. When i showed her my phone with the price she called for an override and she said the manager had to do it earlier for someone who PM Diablo 3. No hassel, didn't even question it. Now with my MW3 that I got the other day and now Skyrim, i'm a happy camper. I already own all the other games that were discounted or else I would have bought a copy of everything for $10 lol.

#435 buster2k

buster2k

Spank Me Hard!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

For those with Amazon Prime and have been a loyal customer for many years, you might want to try Amazon for PM on D3 since you have a clear link to it...

Posted Image

#436 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

For those with Amazon Prime and have been a loyal customer for many years, you might want to try Amazon for PM on D3 since you have a clear link to it...

Do you know something? I was under the impression Amazon doesn't do price matching except for TVs?

#437 krevee

krevee

Missed The Boat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

I've never tried to PM a game on amazon, how would you go about it. It doesn't seem obvious by looking at the product page.
Posted Image

#438 ubdu

ubdu

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Success for Skyrim and Diablo III at the Brick, NJ Bestbuy. Bring in a printout from TRU's product pages. Had plenty of each left. No hassle.

#439 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

I picked up Diablo 3, Starcraft 2 and Skyrim at Best Buy wirthout an ad. Though it may have helped the Toys r Us is literally next door to them.

#440 ic dedpeeps

ic dedpeeps

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

I picked up Diablo 3, Starcraft 2 and Skyrim at Best Buy wirthout an ad. Though it may have helped the Toys r Us is literally next door to them.

Damn you! You lucky little..... I am set on StarcraftII for $10.

#441 thebert

thebert

In The Friend Zone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Do you know something? I was under the impression Amazon doesn't do price matching except for TVs?

I think you're thinking of Amazons price guarantee (or lack thereof). Like if you buy something, and then the price drops a week later. They wont refund the difference anymore like they used to unless it's a TV, iirc.

For price match, there is "Tell us about a lower price?" under the product details of an item. All you can do is submit a link and hope for the best. I feel like Diablo III or any top game for $10 on Amazon would be OOS in less than 2 seconds...

#442 PikaZeroX

PikaZeroX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Tried a BB by my work for Diablo III, I went to customer service with the webpage printout. The guy called a local TRU, who told him it was clearanced and they didn't even carry the game, so he wouldn't honor the match.

Thinking about trying a different one on the way home, any tips?

#443 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

Got Diablo and Skyrim matched at BB. Awesome week. Got Sc2, Skyrim, and Diablo $30 combined.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#444 Pixie Stix 88

Pixie Stix 88

Will Game 4 $$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

Got Star Wars the old republic for $10.

#445 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

Damn gone one day and everyone is reaping the good stuff lol.

Going to go to BB and try to price match, with my phone, laptop in backpack, and bringing printouts from the page too.

Those that PM'd successfully at Wal-Mart, what exactly did y'all do? Same thing as above? I think I'm just going to show sp00ge's receipts.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#446 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

You might be a fucking genius. If it does come in the mail, they take it back for the full $40, or give your thirty bucks. Only fucked up think is that $5 shipping would be lost.

#447 smackattack

smackattack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

The buena park and fullerton TRU were a total bust, only some copies of rage. Anyone have any luck with a pm at the fullerton Best Buy? Or as im like to call it the ullerton No-Buy, because the managers always have a reason to say "no" to a pm or coupon. Im really loathe to waste my time trying unless there was some change of heart there. Its been a while since ive been there.

#448 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

Tried a BB by my work for Diablo III, I went to customer service with the webpage printout. The guy called a local TRU, who told him it was clearanced and they didn't even carry the game, so he wouldn't honor the match.

Thinking about trying a different one on the way home, any tips?

Go to the Gaming Desk instead of the Customer Service to pm maybe. I just did it at the Gaming Desk and the manager didn't even look at the price. It did help that most of the gaming associate know me.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#449 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

You might be a fucking genius. If it does come in the mail, they take it back for the full $40, or give your thirty bucks. Only fucked up think is that $5 shipping would be lost.

Well your stuck with a $40 or $30(if it works) Toys R Us gift card too because the online returns at store policy. Just make sure you have plans to use the card if you wanna try this.

Online purchases can also be returned to any Toys"R"Us or Babies"R"Us store location for merchandise credit when returned within 90 days of the purchase date.

#450 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Well hopefully next week the B2G1 starts.