Photo
- - - - -

TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

• Please log in to reply
812 replies to this topic

#451 krevee

krevee

Missed The Boat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

The buena park and fullerton TRU were a total bust, only some copies of rage. Anyone have any luck with a pm at the fullerton Best Buy? Or as im like to call it the ullerton No-Buy, because the managers always have a reason to say "no" to a pm or coupon. Im really loathe to waste my time trying unless there was some change of heart there. Its been a while since ive been there.

That's good to know, thanks. I was thinking about going over to them today or tommorow.

I might check out the best buy in orange or longbeach of PCH today or tommorow now.
Posted Image

#452 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Actually yeah I don't think that game is going to send. TRU in stock possibly lying. Probably why the page was just delisted.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#453 dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL

sHaMe oN yOu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

managed to get diablo 3 at best buy, the manager that did the override told the guy at the gaming section that they got an email saying that they could not price match toys r us anymore, im glad i was able to grab the game, few minutes later and the story would have been different

#454 derintrel

derintrel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

Oh crap. I hope walmart isn't doing the same to its stores. I'm heading there tonight.

#455 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Successful price match in the BB on Maryland in Vegas. The supervisor just said "Awesome deal" and price matched without question. For BB apparently not PMing TRU anymore, when the associate was adjusting the price TRU was no longer an option and I swear I've seen it there before so there might be some truth to that.
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#456 thebert

thebert

In The Friend Zone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

Successful price match in the BB on Maryland in Vegas. The supervisor just said "Awesome deal" and price matched without question. For BB apparently not PMing TRU anymore, when the associate was adjusting the price TRU was no longer an option and I swear I've seen it there before so there might be some truth to that.

:cold: Why can't work end sooner!!!

#457 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

I'm heading over to BB shortly to test my luck for a copy of Skyrim. I know almost every guy in the gaming department, but that could be good or bad. If not, I'll have the old lady go and bust out the cleave. Is it wrong of me to exploit my fiance's giant rack in the name of gaming deals? :D

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#458 marineal

marineal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

Went to my local Toys R Us store today in Calexico, CA. Noticed there were no PC games anywhere, till i found a shopping cart full of PC games. They had a good amount of Starcraft and Diablo Battlechests, along with a couple World of Warcraft chests. Also found a couple of RAGE, Spore, and Sims 3 copies. Sadly there were no Diablo III, no Starcraft II.

#459 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

I'm heading over to BB shortly to test my luck for a copy of Skyrim. I know almost every guy in the gaming department, but that could be good or bad. If not, I'll have the old lady go and bust out the cleave. Is it wrong of me to exploit my fiance's giant rack in the name of gaming deals? :D

That depends, we can't make an accurate judgement without pics. :D

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#460 BelgarathTAO

BelgarathTAO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

Just got a PM from Best Buy for Skyrim and Diablo III. Easy as pie, no questions asked. Man I wish Starcraft II was on the website.

Belgarath the Ancient One.

#461 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

Went to my TRU, the sales person said they got cleaned out weeks ago. Not a single PC game left.

fs_overall.png

#462 dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL

sHaMe oN yOu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Man I was bored as Fuck waiting for my car oil change to be done and you sure made me lol!!!

#463 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

Not sure if posted, but: The diablo 1/2 battlechest is also 9.98.

#464 superxgaga

superxgaga

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

just went to my local Toys R us in Waterford, CT
their PC section is gone have a clearance bin with bunch of PC stuff in it,
still has Batman AC, AC revelation, BF3,MW3, and 2 copies of SC2 and a wow battlechest left

#465 vesp

vesp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

Northgate Best Buy in seattle, price matched diablo 3 with no hassle.

#466 Bioterror

Bioterror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

All that's left at bellevue WA store is a couple copies of assassins creed, batman wow cataclysm, sims expansion(forgot which one) and mist of pandaria. Is pandaria also clearanced?

#467 Birbo

Birbo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

Is pandaria also clearanced?

No. Pretty sure it's $39.99.

#468 thebert

thebert

In The Friend Zone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

Just price matched Diablo III and Skyrim at King of Prussia, PA Best Buy.

For those wanting details of what I did:

Spoiler

These are the CAG moments I live for! :bouncy:

#469 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

Wow I got unlucky as Fuck. Pissed as hell. Went to Best Buy and asked if they price match, they were like yeah. So I showed them D3 & Skyrim on my phone for $10 on the website and the dude was like alright let me check myself on the computer. Sure enough it said $9.98 and he called over THREE guys to look at it and they couldn't believe it, preceded to call over the store manager, then they all got together and apparently called the head of Best Buy for GA and they were like "No-go, they're buying straight from the manufacturer" some bullshit like that. They made a huge deal of it. I didn't even bother arguing after they said no-go I was mad disappointed. Went to Wal-mart and they were just like no PM online at all.

Maybe someone could help me out... :cry: just wanted Skyrim & D3 honestly.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#470 PikaZeroX

PikaZeroX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

0-2 for me, tried game desk at the BB near my house and they tried to help but the managers were notified to not price match TRU. Congrats to those that lucked out!

#471 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Northgate Best Buy in seattle, price matched diablo 3 with no hassle.

Hmmm, that's the one closest to me. Might try it if I'm in the area.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#472 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

Wow I got unlucky as Fuck. Pissed as hell. Went to Best Buy and asked if they price match, they were like yeah. So I showed them D3 & Skyrim on my phone for $10 on the website and the dude was like alright let me check myself on the computer. Sure enough it said $9.98 and he called over THREE guys to look at it and they couldn't believe it, preceded to call over the store manager, then they all got together and apparently called the head of Best Buy for GA and they were like "No-go, they're buying straight from the manufacturer" some bullshit like that. They made a huge deal of it. I didn't even bother arguing after they said no-go I was mad disappointed. Went to Wal-mart and they were just like no PM online at all.

Bummer dude.

What kind of brand new ass store manager says he needs to call the regional manager about a price matching? That's some shit to lose your position too. That not reading your emails your damn self. :p

BB system does not have TRU in it when it comes to. I don't know why when it has a bunch of other lesser brand stores in there. But to me this is the proper way to stop a pricematch. Not "let me call they store." They have to have it in stock in really annoying. I think nexrt time I'll play the "shit, let me go rain check bitch with them, later." Maybe I'll catch a real salesmen.

#473 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Went to Best Buy to get Diablo 3 PM'd as well. The guy at Customer Service checked TRU.com and then took a good 10 minutes to confirm with a bunch of other employees in the vicinity whether they could PM it (understandable considering how much cheaper it was). Anyways, they eventually gave the OK so I was happy with the results. :)

#474 mknlb50

mknlb50

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

Try the other stores. The first one I went to, the manager said the same thing. The second one was smooth sailing.

Edited by mknlb50, 05 October 2012 - 11:07 PM.

#475 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

Wow, why is star craft 2 and D3 being hoarded the most? Hey I am happy I got B:AC and Sims 3 Pets for ten :P.

#476 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

Went to Best Buy to get Diablo 3 PM'd as well. The guy at Customer Service checked TRU.com and then took a good 10 minutes to confirm with a bunch of other employees in the vicinity whether they could PM it (understandable considering how much cheaper it was). Anyways, they eventually gave the OK so I was happy with the results. :)

See!!! That's BS. If you don't know check with your manager. I had a couple folks want to tell it to nobodies. Look get authorization or don't. We don't need a audience.

#477 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

Wow, why is star craft 2 and D3 being hoarded the most? Hey I am happy I got B:AC and Sims 3 Pets for ten :P.

They're not, it's probably Skyrim and D3 that are. SC2 & MW3 are actually pretty scarce since they're not on the website, while the rest of the games are still somewhat attainable at TRU (AC:R, Batman, BF3) and weren't that great of deals to begin with.
76561197996844513.png

#478 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

Got skyrim and diablo pm at bestbuy and ended up finding a battlefield 3 at tru. Still have not found starcraft 2 and thats the one I want the most.

#479 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

Wow, why is star craft 2 and D3 being hoarded the most?

C'mon...when do you ever see Blizzard games that cheap at $10?

#480 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

Off topic, but anyone have any work arounds for the Diablo 3 installation problem? I've been installing for nearly an hour and it's only at 0.8%. I am searching for fixes but all I get are solutions that are dated back to May and none of them work. I kind of regret D3 for $10 now, I thought they fixed this a long time ago...

Edit: and now I'm suddenly at 54%. Great.
Edit2: Played through the first few quests, everything looks good.

Edited by Alkalinejoe, 06 October 2012 - 12:13 AM.

Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit