Photo
- - - - -

TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

• Please log in to reply
812 replies to this topic

#481 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

Damn you! You lucky little..... I am set on StarcraftII for $10.

Is this still on the website? It doesn't exist with a search.

#482 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

What a ride

Got denied for PM at first best buy I went to because they called both TRU stores and they were of course out of stock, the second best buy was closed because of power outage, then I headed over to my Best Buy near my house on the way home....

I just tried Diablo 3 first to see if they would do it with just one game and I thought I was screwed when they said they had to call to see if it was in stock, but for whatever reason TRu told them it was in stock so she price matched it...:)

After she did that I asked them if they had skyrim in stock as it was on sale too and they said yes so I went over and grabbwed a copy and the PMed that without calling

So third times the charm I guess, got Both Skyrim and Diablo 3 for 10 and some change each, downloading both now...

Very Nice deal, If I had any suggestions it would be keep trying as its a dice game of luck
Posted Image
Posted Image

#483 Ombit

Ombit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

the second TRU I went to in national city, ca has 2 MW3, 2 BF3, 1 AC:R, 2 WoW chests, 2 Starcraft 1 chests and some Sim stuff.

Guy at the gaming area didn't know they were $10 and took a mw3 for himself. I figured the best buy nearby wouldnt pm diablo 3 since it wasnt in stock, and they didnt. Got my bf3 atleast so I'm still happy

Thanks OP

#484 exopuppy

exopuppy

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

Wow I got unlucky as Fuck. Pissed as hell. Went to Best Buy and asked if they price match, they were like yeah. So I showed them D3 & Skyrim on my phone for $10 on the website and the dude was like alright let me check myself on the computer. Sure enough it said $9.98 and he called over THREE guys to look at it and they couldn't believe it, preceded to call over the store manager, then they all got together and apparently called the head of Best Buy for GA and they were like "No-go, they're buying straight from the manufacturer" some bullshit like that. They made a huge deal of it. I didn't even bother arguing after they said no-go I was mad disappointed. Went to Wal-mart and they were just like no PM online at all.

Maybe someone could help me out... :cry: just wanted Skyrim & D3 honestly.

I just got back from Walmart where I did exactly that and picked up both. Asked if they price match TRU, sales clerk said yes, was shocked at the prices (he was cool though, seemed interested in D3 himself), got the manager to come override. She was not amused. Looked at the screen for a few seconds, sighed, asked if this was online or in-store. I pointed out that it was either, as noted on the website. She sighed again and rang it up. Male clerk who started the transaction was obviously super excited and we chatted about it a little more after the manager left.

#485 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

Would anyone be interested in trading for a copy of BF3 or Assassin's Creed? All I had in my area. They were marked full price but I'm sure clearanced. They had some other stuff marked at $10 too so maybe they forgot to update prices or something. I'm interested in MW3 and Skyrim.

Edited by MillerTime2523, 05 October 2012 - 11:50 PM.

KyrieIrvingSig1_zps17eadf84.jpg
:360: Now Playing
:360:
Fallout 3: GOTY (1100/1550), 2014 FIFA World Cup (50/1000)

#486 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

for those that were able to PM... did BB say anything about the game being out of stock for shipping? does that matter for a price match?

im asking coz im bringing print outs of the website to BB since i dont have a smart phone to show it. (yeah i know... im years late with the smart phone craziness... i will finally jump in the bandwagon next week)

#487 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

Any word on if Starcraft is still viewable on tru.com? I'm going to my local BB in a few to PM Diablo 3, would love SC2 as well.

#488 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

Well, no dice on Skyrim. I stopped at a different Walmart on my way home from taking my daughter to her grandparents and chose incorrectly with cashiers. The line I picked had a girl working that looked pretty green and would have mostly called over a CSM, and right when I was next in line, she got pulled and replaced with Patty Mc Hardass, who quickly put the kibosh on that, saying that a printed ad is needed (despite Walmart policy stating otherwise). I didn't bother countering her and said, "nevermind" and left.

I then stopped at BB and was going to take the game to the gaming register, but some new manager (who I had never seen before) was working it and he just oozed rejection. There were other managers working that I knew, so I headed to the front checkout and got to newer guys, and they started putting it through, but needed a manager override. And, of all of the people to come over, of all the people there that know me, who do you think was the first to respond? Yeah, the new guy, and I was right about how I read him. A total dipshit that didn't even check into it. He saw the price and turned me down.

So, that's my tale. I would go back to the Walmart right across the street, but I doubt they got anymore Skyrim in stock since last night's victory.

I still may send the fiance over to BB tomorrow and work her magic. And no, I'm not sharing pictures. ;)

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life 24-Hour Marathon Charity!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata

#489 CountingBodies

CountingBodies

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

These are the CAG moments I live for! :bouncy:

Seconded! The amazing digital download deals we've been getting lately are certainly terrific, but there's definitely something to be said about the thrill of the hunt. I know it can be a downer to try a bunch of locations in vain, whether for the original deal or the PM, but that just makes the successes that much more worth it.

For my own part, I was able to get MW3 & BF3 at TRU, trade BF3 & $15 to another CAG for SC2 & D3, and today I was able to PM Skyrim at the BB in Cambridgeside Galleria. All told, $45+tax for 4 major titles and I couldn't be happier.

At BB, the TRU Skyrim page worked in my favor because just as the manager started to grumble and ask if it was an online-only deal, he saw that it was listed as not available online and available in store only. Done deal. For anyone that wants to take a stab at it, they had several copies of Skyrim and Diablo 3 still available at lunch.

Great thread, great deals, and good luck to everyone.

#490 Gaming Is Life

Gaming Is Life

Video Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

Scored Diablo III at Best Buy earlier. :D The lady didn't even question PM it, I think she was just in a hurry because the line was backing up.
Spoiler

Edited by shrike4242, 06 October 2012 - 04:18 AM.

#491 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

And no, I'm not sharing pictures. ;)

It's the least you could do for all the hapless souls who have missed out on this deal. Come on, it would be like the girls painted on the WWII bombers. Do your part, pick up the spirits of these downtrodden CAG's.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#492 Finishoff

Finishoff

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

Walmart: Used my receipt for the Skyrim purchase at TRU to price match. Gave the copy of the one I picked up at TRU to a fellow friend who recently built his rig/upcoming bday. This place is so YMMV.

Bestbuy: Pricematch for D3 since I could not find any at TRU using website.

Thanks for the heads up on the price matching works wonder.

#493 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

I was turned down at two Best Buys and a Wal-Mart when trying to price match Diablo III. Oh well. Congrats to everyone who was able to get it!

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#494 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

Just a quick first impression on Skyrim running on my computer. It actually seems to run pretty well in case anyone was wondering if they would be able to run it. I'm actually playing it on my Mid 2010 Macbook Pro (Bootcamp Partition) and the thing only took up 6GB. I have a Nvidia 330M Graphics Card and a Dual Core i7 2.66gHz processor. Was actually expecting it to run A LOT worse. I'm having no problems at medium-high graphic settings.

#495 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

What are you guy using to price match at bb?

#496 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

Scored Diablo III at Best Buy earlier. :D The lady didn't even question PM it, I think she was just in a hurry because the line was backing up.

Spoiler

I'm really hoping for this deal to last atleast until next week, my aunt is going to the US on Tuesday so she may be able to get a pricematch with this. Thank you so much for this pic.

Edited by jrodri86, 06 October 2012 - 01:01 AM.

#497 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

Any word on if Starcraft is still viewable on tru.com? I'm going to my local BB in a few to PM Diablo 3, would love SC2 as well.

I ordered the SC Warchest and SC2. Price was $49.?? enough to get free shipping. The order is confirmed and it says instock but it's not shipped yet. So... I wait.

I was just thinking it would be funny in B&M TRU says nope, price is $39.99 in our system come next when the game hopefully arrives. But this seems more like a clearance than a one week madness sales. More TRU stores are bone dry on PC games, and this is making them dryer.

Either they gave me $30 back or take the game back. Someone said it'll be in the form of a gift card but hopefully the week after next, TRU's traditional B2G1 sale starts.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#498 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

Just stopped by the TRU in Times Square, they had only 2 copies of BF3 left and a bunch of Batman AC, Sims 3 & AC Revelations.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#499 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

GIANT PIC BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE SPOILER TAGS!!

Dude, you do know your RZ ID, store ticket information is clearly shown right?

#500 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

Wait. I can take my Best Buy receipt to Walmart and they fall that easily? O_o

#501 Gaming Is Life

Gaming Is Life

Video Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaming Is Life Posted Image

GIANT PIC BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE SPOILER TAGS!!

yes, but you would still need a password to get into my accounts

#502 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

And what can be done with that? Always imagined that to be pretty harmless. O_o

#503 Aerc

Aerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

So I tried again at Wal-mart and Target. Again denied. I've been dying to play Skyrim :(
PrizeRebel Help me out by signing up for Prize Rebel so I can continue to do a weekly amazon gift card giveaway. In the process you'd be earning money too.

Posted Image

#504 Gixxer

Gixxer

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:06 AM

No issue price matching at BB. The guy at the gaming kiosk looked up the TRU website and matched it instantly. He was shocked at the low price.

So I picked up a total of 12 copies of Diablo 3 for me and my bro. Thanks OP!

Spoiler

#505 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

Augh. Called bb and they said they would price match D3 When I got there the same guy said no dice as they got an email from corp saying it was a screw up on TRU's website. Not happy I went and found a manager, he also said he would price match if he checks their webpage. 30 seconds later he returns and says sorry we called TRU and they no longer have it instock. I just cannot win, can anyone help me out?

#506 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:17 AM

Enough with the insults and arguing in this thread.

#507 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:23 AM

I also got BB to price match. They're supposed to check to make sure its in stock nearby before granting the price match, but with like 13 stores within 25 miles of BB, it would be totally impractical for them to do so. If you only have one or two TRUs nearby YMMV.

#508 imri

imri

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

Just got turned down by two BB, a Walmart and a Target. One BB told me that since there were no local stores that had it in stock they couldnt PM, the other said there was no proof this wasnt a deal of the day or online only. Walmart were plain idiots, said they need a circular and Target the same. Was worth a shot i guess.

#509 NewAt

NewAt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

Just stopped by the TRU in Times Square, they had only 2 copies of BF3 left and a bunch of Batman AC, Sims 3 & AC Revelations.

Did they have any Diablo 3 or Starcraft 2?

#510 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:34 AM

Cheers to the OP and other contributors; got a Best Buy price match on Skyrim.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image