Photo
- - - - -

TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

• Please log in to reply
812 replies to this topic

#541 dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL

sHaMe oN yOu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

Is Starcraft II sold out?

It doesn't appear on the website. (I was going to try to PM at Best Buy)

You have to look it up as Starcraft ii, not numerical but two ii, I just checked and the game is back on stock on toysrus.com

#542 Spam1366

Spam1366

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Success. Went to my toy r us and got BF3 for 10 and went to BB next door and got Diablo 3 price matched for 10 bucks. Salinas,CA

On a Side note. The employee I talked to at Toys r us was putting out Dishonored for PS3 early ( since it comes out Oct 9th), so if anyone wants that it fair game.

#543 kaz928

kaz928

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

South Bend, IN

Wait, do you mean Mishawaka? Cause I was just there an hour ago and there was nothing.

#544 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

You have to look it up as Starcraft ii, not numerical but two ii, I just checked and the game is back on stock on toysrus.com

Thank you. I tried 17 different ways last night, even just 'starcraft' and nothing worked. Went to BB and got Diablo 3, they refused to do Starcraft 2 because it didn't exist online. They even google'd "toys r us starcraft 2" and it has a page that doesn't load.

#545 kraken613

kraken613

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Price matched Diablo 3 and SC2 no problem at BB. They guy didn't even call a manager over.

#546 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

Price matched Diablo 3 and SC2 no problem at BB. They guy didn't even call a manager over.

I noticed this last night, these do not require any time of manager override, even with a huge $50 discount per item.

#547 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

I noticed this last night, these do not require any time of manager override, even with a huge $50 discount per item.

Where do you go? Customer Service counter? Video Game Dept rep? or straight to the cashier? I'd rather go to the correct person and get as few people involved as possible.

I'm going to try this today at my BB for Skyrim. My TRU only had Batman:AC and AC:R in stock @ $10.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#548 chopsticks

chopsticks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

any more left in NYC?

#549 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

I guess some folks just scared. Again, price matching used to be easy. Now days the hunt done got tougher. Maybe I'm thinking of when Circuit City was alive.

Fry's almost did all three but then she was like well, this is in stores so I'll have to call about Skyrim and Diablo 3. No go in the end. Starcraft 2 was going down but then she made it seem like they were a online only shop and wanted to add shipping on to the deal. Fuck that. Sure it would have only been $15, but Fuck that.

Starcraft 2 should be more legitimate at Best Buy though. I didn't try it. It being order-able online as well as in stores make it look clean.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#550 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Where do you go? Customer Service counter? Video Game Dept rep? or straight to the cashier? I'd rather go to the correct person and get as few people involved as possible.

I'm going to try this today at my BB for Skyrim. My TRU only had Batman:AC and AC:R in stock @ $10.

Went to the CS counter. They checked tru.com and all went well, no override needed.

#551 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Went to the CS counter. They checked tru.com and all went well, no override needed.

THANKS! :bouncy::applause:

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#552 Jmclark

Jmclark

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Success! Took quite a while of the manager calling corporate to see if it really was an in-store deal, but it worked. A friend offered to pay me $15 for it since he's been too busy to get to Walmart, so looks like I just got it for $5.

Spoiler

#553 kraken613

kraken613

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

At the BB I went to I took it straight to checkout and he did Diablo 3 no problem. Then I went right back around with the Starcraft 2 after I knew this guy wasn't going to ask questions. I was worried if I took them both at the same time it might not work.

#554 mrwogs2

mrwogs2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

Yup, that's the one! The guy working there had to go in a back room and bring out a shopping cart with the clearance PC games in it. Not sure why he didn't just leave it out, but he must have wheeled it back into hiding.

Wait, do you mean Mishawaka? Cause I was just there an hour ago and there was nothing.

#555 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

Wow, Starcraft 2 and MW3 are both back on TRU.com? To the Best-Buy-mobile!
76561197996844513.png

#556 Symphonix

Symphonix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Picked up MW3, Diablo 3 and Skyrim at Best Buy for 9.98 ea. Thanks ;D...

Might have to go back now that Starcraft is back to that price on the website.

#557 .Azaria

.Azaria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

MW3 and Starcraft is back up time to go back to bestbuy, hopefully I don't get weird looks again -__-

#558 ferris182

ferris182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

Went to my local TRU and picked up Battlefield 3 and Diablo Battlechest for $9.99 each. They were located in a large bin with a bunch more clearance games.

I then went to Best Buy and price matched Diablo III and Skyrim. I just showed the cashier a printed pages from the TRU website and I also showed her the items on my phone from TRU.com. Had to get a manager override but all worked well!

#559 RBCJoker

RBCJoker

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Just went to BB to PM for diablo 3 and battlefield 3. I successfully found D3 but I didnt see a BF3. I asked one of the employees if they had any copies in the back that I could price match and sure enough he comes back with a copy... of the premium edition. So I made out with it pretty well, and got the premium edition of bf3 for 10$

#560 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

Went to my local Best Buy with a print out of the Skyrim page. I decided that I would also want a Diablo 3...so they had to go look it up. After about half an hour of waiting, they finally told me that they couldn't price match because my TRU had none in stock. I know that they have the right to do that, but did they really have to make me wait so long? -.- Plus, I think the one guy who was working there was about to PM Skyrim, no questions asked, but the Diablo 3 made them go to their excuse list. Maybe I'll try another BB XD
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#561 UnicornBang

UnicornBang

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

Just got back from best buy. Picked up skyrim with the price match with Toys r us website on my phone. The manager had to do an override for the pm but he didn't even care. The girl couldn't believe I got it for that price though. So happy hunting friends.

#562 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Just got back from best buy. Picked up skyrim with the price match with Toys r us website on my phone. The manager had to do an override for the pm but he didn't even care. The girl couldn't believe I got it for that price though. So happy hunting friends.

Exact same thing just happened to me.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#563 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

Went to three walmart's and one best buy(Flint, MI area). Was told to pretty much Fuck off everytime...
Posted Image

#564 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Just got back from BB, got Skyrim pricematched at $10 by showing them the online ad and going to the Customer Service desk.

I think the best way to go about it is to do only 1 or 2 games at a time.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#565 chilli628

chilli628

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

I was able to price match Diablo 3 and MW3 at best Buy without any issue or manager override...The woman looked it up online and said.."Cool" and rang me up!

#566 xplocvo

xplocvo

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

Janesville WI had some left. I got the last MW3, but they had one AC Revelations, BF3, WoW Cataclysm, SW The Old Republic, and a couple Sims 3 expansions.

#567 GoofsterStud

GoofsterStud

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

Northern CO, no luck. :-(

BB wouldn't price match because our TRU relocated and didn't carry PC titles. :-(

#568 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

Stopped at BB again today. Got denied hard : (

#569 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

Stopped at BB again today. Got denied hard : (

lol lady at walmart looked at me and tried to give me a stern talking to. that what im doing could be considered stealing and they could ban me from the store. I showed her the paper walked to a manager. Told the manager. Manager still said no on the PM but did bitch out the lady
Posted Image

#570 lonestarranger

lonestarranger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

Just went to BB to PM for diablo 3 and battlefield 3. I successfully found D3 but I didnt see a BF3. I asked one of the employees if they had any copies in the back that I could price match and sure enough he comes back with a copy... of the premium edition. So I made out with it pretty well, and got the premium edition of bf3 for 10$

How much is the BF3 Premium edition for the 360 @ BB right now?