Photo
- - - - -

TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

• Please log in to reply
812 replies to this topic

#571 HellMark

HellMark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

Price matched at BB for D3 and SC2 with no issues or overrides. Probably could have gotten more games which I may do later but didn't want to push my luck. Had printouts with me but the girl at CS just verified by seeing if it was on the website only.

#572 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

Grabbed D3, SC2 and Skyrim from Best Buy (Evansville IN). Printed out all three ToysRus webpages and showed them to the cashier and asked for a price match, no problems at all!
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#573 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

Just got back from best buy. Picked up skyrim with the price match with Toys r us website on my phone. The manager had to do an override for the pm but he didn't even care. The girl couldn't believe I got it for that price though. So happy hunting friends.

I feel like I saw this happen, lol. What store was this?

#574 MeGaWC27

MeGaWC27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

TRU update for stock in NYC.

TRU @ Whitestone Expressway, Flushing
No PC games at all... their video games section is a mess.

TRU @ Junction Blvd, Rego Park
2 copies of AC:Revelations, Rage, SW:TOR
1 copy of Starcraft Battlechest
Rest are WOW Expansions, and Sims 3 & Expansions

Posted Image

#575 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Just went to BB to PM for diablo 3 and battlefield 3. I successfully found D3 but I didnt see a BF3. I asked one of the employees if they had any copies in the back that I could price match and sure enough he comes back with a copy... of the premium edition. So I made out with it pretty well, and got the premium edition of bf3 for 10$

Wow what a nice ass steal. Congratz

bob_793+darkjedi - yeah I feel yall's pain. F those stores for not just the denial but the wait times to make up some stuff like that.

Gotta thank jw430 for hooking me up with his last copies.

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#576 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

After my previous denied price match, I went to another TRU (Melrose Park, IL). It had 2 MW3s, an Arkham City, 2 BF3s, and a Revelations. Then I went across the street and PM'd a Diablo 3 and a Skyrim for my bro, no questions asked :D
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#577 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

Was able to PM Skyrim and SC2 at the BB in Elk Grove, CA. I had printouts but the gaming desk guy just went to a computer and confirmed the prices on TRU's site...not sure how he managed Starcraft but whatever. He had to get a manager override because of the huge difference in price but he said he already verified so she just punched in a code. Also grabbed ME3 on PC with the coupon. Paid for those and Bug's Life Blu with the credit I just got from trading in some games. A good trip!
Posted Image

#578 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

Went to the BB on Rainbow in Vegas, tried to pick up another copy of D3 to give to a friend for a late bday present and a copy of SC2. I pulled up both pages on my phone, and they even pulled it up on their phones but the guy said he couldn't PM D3 because it's too much of a difference (but said he could PM Amazon's $40 or something price lol) but he said yes to SC2. I'm going to try and PM D3 at the original store I bought mine at on Tuesday assuming the prices stay the same and the pages are still up.
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#579 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

is diablo 3 $10 as well then, or did you get it for some other price?

#580 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

i went to my local TRU and they were redoing their entire game section (brand new store btw) so nothing was out but the Wii games

#581 UnicornBang

UnicornBang

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

I feel like I saw this happen, lol. What store was this?

I was at the Best Buy in Novi Michigan

#582 Rehykja

Rehykja

Diggles Gonna Dig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

Had no problem getting them to price match two copies of D3 and one of Skyrim at Best Buy in Southfield, MI.

I was at the Best Buy in Novi Michigan

Hello, fellow SE Michigan CAG!
Wubwubwubwub.

#583 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

Had no problem getting them to price match two copies of D3 and one of Skyrim at Best Buy in Southfield, MI.

Can I join in on this MI fun? Flint/Rochester
Posted Image

#584 UnicornBang

UnicornBang

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

Go Tigers!

#585 Cloulien

Cloulien

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

I just got Skyrim and Starcraft 2 :D with price match from the Belmar best buy in Lakewood CO with printouts of the webpages. Manager was awesome and it took literally 2 seconds. They still have a lot of the other games just not Diablo 3. I am going back out later to look for Diablo 3 at other stores as they were out at the store because someone was in before me. If anyone wants me to post receipts to help with your talks with managers to showe that other store are price matching this let me know and I will. Also the walmart at first and wadsworth was no go for price matches with a very bad attitude and grumpy managers :cry:. Hope this helps any Colorado CAGS out there and I will post later tonight with other finds and my luck.

#586 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

If I get up the motivation, I may try pm'ING at my local best buy. Called the toys r us and they didn't have anything really.

#587 flamerhino

flamerhino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

tried to PM at Pleasant Hill, CA BB store and no luck...tried again at Emeryville, CA BB and they pm'd D3 & SCII w/o asking anything!

#588 Dantarp

Dantarp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

I just got Skyrim and Starcraft 2 :D with price match from the Belmar best buy in Lakewood CO with printouts of the webpages. Manager was awesome and it took literally 2 seconds. They still have a lot of the other games just not Diablo 3. I am going back out later to look for Diablo 3 at other stores as they were out at the store because someone was in before me. If anyone wants me to post receipts to help with your talks with managers to showe that other store are price matching this let me know and I will. Also the walmart at first and wadsworth was no go for price matches with a very bad attitude and grumpy managers :cry:. Hope this helps any Colorado CAGS out there and I will post later tonight with other finds and my luck.

I did practically the same thing! I had BB pricematch Skyrim and Starcraft II.

The woman working there called the it "Too good to be true."

ach.png

#589 m3g4t0ky0

m3g4t0ky0

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

Went to three Best Buys in the Raleigh area and was turned down each time. Oh well, I don't really need Diablo 3 or SC2 anyway.

#590 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

Finally got a Skyrim, although it took more than cleavage. All went well until they had to call a second manager over to approve the PM and he said no and that brought my fiance's inner-bitch out. I walked away and let her do her thing, so I missed the whole ordeal (the cleavage mind trick works best when the lady is alone), but from what she told me, it was an ordeal that went all the way to the store manager.

But I got Skyrim for $10, so I'm a happy boy now.

BTW - this was at Walmart.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#591 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

Finally got a Skyrim, although it took more than cleavage. All went well until they had to call a second manager over to approve the PM and he said no and that brought my fiance's inner-bitch out. I walked away and let her do her thing, so I missed the whole ordeal (the cleavage mind trick works best when the lady is alone), but from what she told me, it was an ordeal that went all the way to the store manager.

But I got Skyrim for $10, so I'm a happy boy now.

BTW - this was at Walmart.

That's awesome. :lol:

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#592 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

Went to my local Toys R Us and they told me they didn't even carry PC games. I am wondering if they had already sold out of what they did carry if they ever did. I could try chancing a price match for Skyrim somewhere but my backlog is so big I might just keep waiting for it to drop in price

523546.png

#593 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:44 AM

Went today to my local best Buy and PM'd for 2 copies of Diablo 3, 3 copies of Skyrim and a copy of SC2. I already have D3 and SC2 so I used the link provided to offer everything up in the trade thread for $15 (key) and $20(boxed) and it went so feakin fast. Might go back tomorrow to try and help out some more people, and may actually grab MW3 for myself

#594 Horo

Horo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

Just got back from BB in Natomas, CA. Successfuly PM MW3 and Skyrim. After traveling to 2 Toys r us this feels great.

#595 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

Went today to my local best Buy and PM'd for 2 copies of Diablo 3, 3 copies of Skyrim and a copy of SC2. I already have D3 and SC2 so I used the link provided to offer everything up in the trade thread for $15 (key) and $20(boxed) and it went so feakin fast. Might go back tomorrow to try and help out some more people, and may actually grab MW3 for myself

Did it require an override? I went to one best and picked up skyrim and diablo 3 just fine, went to another and tried Starcraft diablo and skyrim and the girl said it required a manager and he shot me down. The kid at the first bb was familiar with the deal though and didn't call a manager or anything.

#596 mokonamoo

mokonamoo

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

Went to my local TRU and they told me they do not sell any PC games. So, I tried to PM at my local Best Buy. I had Skyrim in my hands, was in the check out line, and the cashier was all ready to give me the PM. When suddenly the guy from the gaming department runs up to the check out line and shouts at the cashier and told her, "DONT GIVE HER THE DEAL." Can they even do that? Ugh.

I tried to argue with him to giving me the PM but in the end he called up TRU and gave me the whole spew on "not in stock/no deal" ordeal. I even called up the other TRU around my area. They do not carry PC games either. :wall:

#597 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

I first went to TRU tonight, they only had Rage, some Sims games, AC, and probably some other game but it was nothing I was looking for. So went to Best Buy, they of course had a ton of D3 and SC3 games. I picked up 2 copies of each normally priced at $59.99 (D3) and $39.99 (SC2). Went up to the front registers, where I should of probably not bothered going to, guy that normally rings me up was busy with a customer.

The employee had rung it all up, being over 200 dollars of course, so they said I have to ask their manager since it's over so much. Employee went to ask, came back said that they had to call TRU (which I know I didn't see any of those two games left, their video games section was a disaster anyways, although I could of missed them in a different area easily, and didn't ask an employee there if they had any available in the store).

So the employee is on the phone, first asks if the price was right, then asked if they could check in store for the games, which is where I thought yeah if they look and come back and say no, then I'm out of luck. So the first person they talked to didn't answer their question, so they ask for someone in the video game department, which not sure what happened but the best buy employee gave up waiting on the phone, hung up, came back to the register and started overriding the prices for me. So $43.71 ($39.92 before tax) was my total for 2 D3 , 2 SC2 games. Of course the employee says, "that's a really good deal", I said yup, and left.

#598 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

I went to a far away BB and was able to pm D3 and SC2. I also picked up the last 2 ME3CEs they had in stock, since they were closing in 15 minutes. I had to buy 2 mags, but they are still worth it at $15 each.

#599 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

I went to my local Best Buy with the page loaded on my Nexus, picked up a copy of Skyrim and Diablo III and asked the guy working in the video games section whether they'd be able to do a price-match. I wasn't expecting that they would do it and I certainly wasn't going to fight anybody over it. The PM policy seems pretty clear: no PM unless there's a store in town that carries the item in question. So if they hadn't gone for it, I'd have just said, "Okay" and walked out.

However everybody there was really cool about it. The first blue shirt I spoke with asked me where the PM was and how much. When I told him it was Toys R Us, he started to pull up the site on his computer and I said, "I should have it right here" and showed him the two product pages on my Nexus. He said they shouldn't have a problem, put it in the computer, called over a manager to authorize the overrides and I walked out with two $60 games $21.78 poorer.

The manager actually asked incredulously about Skyrim being on sale and when the blue shirt said yes, he said he was getting a copy for himself, thanked me for coming in, and grabbed one off the shelf.

It was a very pleasant and painless experience, quite the opposite of what I anticipated. I may try price-matching more often after this.

EDIT: I didn't even bother checking the stock at my one local TRU; the store rarely has much of anything in the way of PC games, hardly ever has clearance or sale items in-store, and it's much farther from my house than this Best Buy location. I figured if I couldn't get a PM, then I'd take the trouble to drive over to the TRU and find out they didn't have anything I was looking for.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#600 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

Has anyone gotten a copy of Skyrim with a 25 character cd key? They are supposed to come with a 15 character long key. Apparently some of the printed retail copies had key issues.

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2846395

I need to call monday, just a head up in case someone else has this issue.

Anyways, I was able to PM a few games at my local BBY after getting denied at 4 others as online it shows OOS, they all pointed that out. Three wanted to call and one just wouldn't budge on the issue. Weird as when I went to one of them before their policy was to ONLY check websites and printed ads and to not call at all as it holds up the line. I wish I ran into that manager/cashier that I had that other time

D3, Skyrim and MW3. They would only let me get one copy. Would have gotten two of each for a friend. Luckily a few cags were willing to sell me a few keys for a modest profit for my friend.

I might try this again, but I'd have to go fairly far to get to another BBY. So probably not.

Edited by V4oLDbOY, 07 October 2012 - 03:15 AM.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]