Photo
- - - - -

TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

• Please log in to reply
812 replies to this topic

#601 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

Went into BB for a second time to pricematch. Took printouts of the TRU store pages of Skyrim and Diablo 3. The sales associate ALMOST did it, then decided to consult with the manager. Sadly it was the same manager as from my first attempt. Not only that, there was some guy in the store on the radio who was clearly a corporate employee. Tall, well-built, in his 50s, etc. The dude came over and totally shut down the operation like a boss.

I give up.

#602 Andrewvangils

Andrewvangils

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

First off, thanks OP for this amazing deal.

I was so excited to try and see if BB would price match, that I totally ignored one of the Diablo 3 boxes was open at the top. I bought 2 of them(one for me, one for my wife) and when I got home the code on the cd case was scratched off.

I doubt BB will let me exchange for another but I will try.

VERY IMPORTANT INFO: I called the 800 number for BB to ask a general price matching question. She advised me that starting tomorrow(10/7/12) ALL BB stores will be price matching local B&M websites as a holiday promotion.

Hopefully the deal is still up for those interested in this deal.

#603 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

VERY IMPORTANT INFO: I called the 800 number for BB to ask a general price matching question. She advised me that starting tomorrow(10/7/12) ALL BB stores will be price matching local B&M websites as a holiday promotion.

WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! I'mma go back for MW3 and Diablo 3! Ehh! Good things come in 3s! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Hopefully the PM policy is correct!

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#604 Pats12Sox34

Pats12Sox34

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:21 AM

Hey guys been following this site for a few years now and have managed a few great deals in the past but nothing comes close to this price matched a copy of Diablo 3 at best buy went through no problem at all on top of that used my 5 dollar reward zone certificate and paid less then 6 dollars for the game. Right now I am one VERY happy cheap ass gamer!

#605 halcyonDayz

halcyonDayz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:38 AM

So does this mean that they price match regardless of whether local TRU have it in stock or not?

#606 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

So does this mean that they price match regardless of whether local TRU have it in stock or not?

If that above info in true, then yes. Gonna wait until tomorrow to scour the site for the new PM policy. That way I'll have some backup evidence if the managers try declining my request in the future.

As a comical side note, when you type "Diablo 3" into the TRU site search engine, you get redirected to "Puss In Boots Double Pack with The Three Diablos DVD"

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#607 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

Anyone try PMing at BB over the phone?
Nearest BB is miles away and currently too busy to get there.

#608 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:54 AM

All you guys getting BB to PM - who's doing it? Just the sales associate/cashier? Are they bringing in the manager to confirm?

More specifics would help everyone in the thread out! Thanks.

#609 jondier

jondier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:03 AM

PM'd at BB in Brandon and got SC2 and Skyrim and they were so chill about it :D. Might get D3 as well. Now i just have to wait for my new computer since my laptop doesnt even meet minimum.

#610 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

First off, thanks OP for this amazing deal.

I was so excited to try and see if BB would price match, that I totally ignored one of the Diablo 3 boxes was open at the top. I bought 2 of them(one for me, one for my wife) and when I got home the code on the cd case was scratched off.

I doubt BB will let me exchange for another but I will try.

If that above info in true, then yes. Gonna wait until tomorrow to scour the site for the new PM policy. That way I'll have some backup evidence if the managers try declining my request in the future.

Yes, for the love of God, someone post proof, a link, an ad, anything to have as evidence if we run into ignorant managers. Please. If I'm going to travel 50 miles to the closest Best Buy, at least give me (and other CAG's) ammo. :D And the sooner the better, have to beat the damn hoarders there too.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#611 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

Not sure the actual going rate of WoW Cataclysm but for what it's worth, it's also $9.99 on TRU website if anyones looking to upgrade. I went looking for some other PC games on the website I might want and found that.

I've also printed the TRU game pages out to try out at my BBs tomorrow, will post back my results.

fs_overall.png

#612 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

If the new price matching policy is real, it certainly increases the odds that I'd be able to get a game price matched. But it still doesn't get around the problem of the store which is being price matched having to have the game in stock. I'll have to hope that I get somebody who doesn't care enough to call and check. I'm usually pretty lucky with that. But then again, I've never tried to price match an online price or get a $60 game for $10 before.

#613 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

To those of you who were hoping to get Arkham City for $10, you can get Arkham Asylum GOTY and Arkham City for $7.49 at amazon right now via digital download (they both activate on Steam):

Batman deal live now, $7.49 with the OCTOFUN1 (Just checked and it's still active, one use per account). Remember they both activate on Steam:
http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

Posted Image

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#614 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

If the new price matching policy is real, it certainly increases the odds that I'd be able to get a game price matched. But it still doesn't get around the problem of the store which is being price matched having to have the game in stock. I'll have to hope that I get somebody who doesn't care enough to call and check. I'm usually pretty lucky with that. But then again, I've never tried to price match an online price or get a $60 game for $10 before.

I concur. Was thinking the exact same thing.

Does Best Buy match the prices of Internet retailers?
No. Best Buy does not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the website prices of our local retail competitors' stores. If, however, a local retail competitor has the same or lower price as its online store and the customer can provide verification of the in-store price, Best Buy will match the price (so long as all other price match policy criteria are met).
via. http://www.bestbuy.c...cat204400050011

If that's possible than it would be a go. Apparently a different Best Buy farther from me is allowing the PM, I'm gonna give it a go there soon.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#615 TehTriggerman

TehTriggerman

Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

Thank OP

Found Star Wars The Old Republic, Batman AC, Assasins Creed, Rage and Dishonerd PS3.:)

Megami_Tengoku_II_PC_FX_Banner.jpg

#616 mknlb50

mknlb50

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

To those of you who were hoping to get Arkham City for $10, you can get Arkham Asylum GOTY and Arkham City for $7.49 at amazon right now via digital download (they both activate on Steam):

Batman deal live now, $7.49 with the OCTOFUN1 (Just checked and it's still active, one use per account). Remember they both activate on Steam:
http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

Posted Image

THANK YOU! This is a killer deal!

#617 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

I managed to get SC2 PM at best buy. I thought about D3 and Skyrim but honestly I don't have time to grind those games out. I also don't think my 4 year old rig can handle Skyrim and D3 on high settings. I tried to get Battlefield 3 but was shot down. I heard that game looks amazing if you have a high end rig.

Oh well got SC2 and the others though. Thanks!

#618 poopdogjr

poopdogjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

I stopped by my local Toys R Us yesterday, they only had RAGE and Batman. So I walked over to Best Buy in the same complex. I was able to get Skyrim and Starcraft 2 pricematched without much of a hassle. I had the same sales associate from when I signed up for the magazine subscription and used the coupons for ME3. Really knowledgeable and super helpful.

#619 Cpt.Jeff

Cpt.Jeff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Wife just ran out to BB and got them to match it. She said they didn't look happy at all about it.

Diablo 3 that is.

#620 Bakou2

Bakou2

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

Just went to BB, and they wouldn't match any because they are clearance... You guys are lucky...
Want:
Steam
Age of Empires 1 + 2
Dark Messiah of M&M
Oblivion GOTY

Have:
Paypal
Battlegroup (Desura)

#621 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Just went to BB, and they wouldn't match any because they are clearance... You guys are lucky...

Try another store if you have one. I believe the cashier can do the pm without a manager's 'key'. The cashier looked up the prices at the register then went and asked her manager and s/he must have approved it.

#622 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

Saw this on the STEAM forums

EDIT: Best Buy just told me that they recently implemented a no-price-matching policy for Toys-R-Us, so price matching is most likely NOT going to be an option if your local store is sold out.

As for the new PM policy for online ads for local B&M stores, I still can't find anything on the policy.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#623 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Not being able to PM Toys-R-Us's normal deals would suck. I don't remember them having a sale that was too easily exploited at Best Buy, though? The 2 for $70 deals couldn't have been that bad, and I don't think any of their insane $9.98 clearance drops have shown up online until now.

#624 Cutrate

Cutrate

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

I was able to get a price match on MW3, Battlefield3, SC2, and Diablo 3. It seemed like a manager override was required when the second game was put on. (Skyrim not available :cry:)

Apparently the distinction vs. the new policy that could be an issue was the lack of the being able to add items to a cart (not possible for in-store only toys r us). I can't imagine why bestbuy is matching these though; toys r us locally does not even stock PC games. The manager seemed to feel that being a page that indicated it could theoretically be bought from a toys r us was sufficient though.

#625 Nostalgic Wind

Nostalgic Wind

Capcom Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

I manage to get SC2 and D3 pricematched at local BB. Person doing it for me at CS was pretty nice about it, she even ask that I show her on my phone the competitor price. She was shocked at the low prices, especially D3, but complied with it. Pretty much smooth sailing.

#626 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

Got denied price match o skyrim and sc2. They called TRU and they were out of stock. Oh well.

#627 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

So I have the worst luck with the price match, it seems, since almost everyone is getting it at BB.

:(

#628 enormous

enormous

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Thanks to all in this thread. Went to Best Buy and got Diablo 3 and Star Craft 2 price matched. Just asked the guy if they would price match TRU and he said no problem. Already had the web pages pulled up for each game and that was good enough.

I also wanted AC:R but it wasn't in stock. So what's he do? Price matches AND orders it with free shipping, sent to my house! Holy crap, best CSR ever!
:D

#629 derintrel

derintrel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

So the Target in State College, PA price matched Skyrim, Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2. Even though we aren't close to a ToysRUs. Anybody in the area might want to check it out.

#630 Symphonix

Symphonix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

Just got back from BB. Picked up SCII today and Diablo 3, Skyrim and MW3 yesterday for 10 ea. Thanks haha