Photo
- - - - -

TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

• Please log in to reply
812 replies to this topic

#631 Hyd12o

Hyd12o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

Just got back from BB. Picked up SCII today and Diablo 3, Skyrim and MW3 yesterday for 10 ea. Thanks haha

Did you use your phone to show them the TRU pricing or did they look it up?
Loo Loo Loo...

#632 Symphonix

Symphonix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

They looked it up on the website both days.

Tried my phone today, he looked at it and went and looked it up on the computer anyway lol

#633 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

FWIW, when I did it, one store looked up the price when I bought Diablo. The other one made me use my phone to buy Starcraft. With Best Buy these kind of deals are always YMMV based on whoever's helping you/the manager on duty.

#634 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Went to BB, employee agreed to price match only ONE game but then manager shut it down :(

#635 Dantarp

Dantarp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

I just went to a BB and got them to price match D3. The employee said he couldn't allow a price match with that kind of difference, but the manager said he'd allow it if Toys R' Us had it in stock (which they did).

ach.png

#636 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

How did you get them to PM SC2 with no online ad?

It is online last time I checked (last night).

#637 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

How did you get them to PM SC2 with no online ad?

It's online now.:D
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#638 Honeybaked Ham

Honeybaked Ham

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

Not sure how you guys are getting so lucky, I got shut down at BB Target and Walmart. All 3 called the store to verify stock. Was really hoping to get SC2 and D3 at that price.

#639 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

Not sure how you guys are getting so lucky, I got shut down at BB Target and Walmart. All 3 called the store to verify stock. Was really hoping to get SC2 and D3 at that price.

it is basically trial and error, you gotta keep trying, until you are sucessful

#640 jw430

jw430

Some say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

At my BB, they did both. They looked at the print out and then they checked the TRU website. At the end, the manager also had to override the PM.

I am glad that my local BB let me PM TRU's pricing on those games. Just got SC2 x2 for my friend and I.

Here's the link to SC2 on TRU website if anyone needs it

#641 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

At my BB, they did both. They looked at the print out and then they checked the TRU website. At the end, the manager also had to override the PM.

I am glad that my local BB let me PM TRU's pricing on those games. Just got SC2 x2 for my friend and I.

i can never understand the policy with pricematching at bb, if i can find the item at tru, why in the hell would i waste my time trying to get a pricematch at your store ,lol

#642 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

i can never understand the policy with pricematching at bb, if i can find the item at tru, why in the hell would i waste my time trying to get a pricematch at your store ,lol

Reward zone points, store credit via trade-ins and with this sale, most people's TRUs have already been picked apart for any worthwhile game.
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#643 powersurge

powersurge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

Thanks for the tip you guys much <3. My Toys R Us was mostly out of PC games (Batman AC, Assassins Creed, and a few casual games) but our Best Buy was willing to price match Modern Warfare 3 and Skyrim. :bouncy:

#644 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

yeah its pretty frustrating logic on their part

#645 audio vicious

audio vicious

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

Picked up StarCraft 2 from TRU when this first went live. Later tried to PM Skyrim at BB with no luck. Figured I'd swing back in today and try. I walked up to the register with it, figuring it wouldn't work, as soon as I said I wanted to pricematch it, the guy said, 9.99, Toys'R'Us, right? I was kind of shocked, but he seemed stoked to do it, waited for the manager override. She came over and looked apprehensive about it, and he assured her it was a legit TRU pricematch. No hassle, was awesome.

#646 mr mellow

mr mellow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

it is basically trial and error, you gotta keep trying, until you are sucessful

This indeed

#647 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

Went today, they didn't have much at all. Couple of crappy Sims games and about 20 copies of WoW Cataclysm. That will probably drop to $5 at Best Buy soon. No big deal. Went next door to Best Buy and PM'd Diablo III and Starcraft 2. I also met a possible CAG today in TRU. He suggested PMing it at Best Buy and I did, and it worked without a hitch. Paid nothing for it since I had credit. I owe a big thanks to him. Best Buy didn't even call TRU to see if they had copies so I'm glad for that too.

Couldn't find Skyrim. Also dissapointed that they didn't have Guild Wars in TRU. But even if they did, it's still new and so they probably wouldn't have it for $10 like how they have Pandaria for $40.

Edited by Fukurou, 08 October 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#648 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

I just went to a BB and got them to price match D3. The employee said he couldn't allow a price match with that kind of difference, but the manager said he'd allow it if Toys R' Us had it in stock (which they did).

That's the first time I've heard of them calling and having it in-stock. Tell me you rushed over to that TRU right after and picked up copies from there too lol

So I have the worst luck with the price match, it seems, since almost everyone is getting it at BB.

:(

I feel for y'all. Gonna be persistant and try another BB tomorrow, heard from another CAG in my area that this BB price-matches. Fingas crossed

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#649 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

No, the employees at his Best Buy cleaned out the PC game shelves and moved them all to the back room.

#650 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

So in Summary:

To the guy who found the TRU and posted it here letting others CAGs know: You're Awesome!

To the guy who suggested the Price Match idea with Walmart and Best Buy when some CAGs couldn't find PC games at their local TRU: You're Awesome too!

To the guy(s) who horded (bought multiple) copies of the Diablo 3, SC2 and etc to profit or sell to CAGs (or ebay, Amazon, and etc) under the guise of "helping." Fuck you! You're a piece of SHIT.

BTW: got my copy of Diablo 3 from my local Best Buy, no issues with Price Matching but I think I was early before hoarders started going to BB/Walmart to snag every copy of Diablo 3, SC2, BF3, and Skyrim.

#651 Cloulien

Cloulien

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

Got my copy of Diablo 3 :D today from another BestBuy in my area. It was super easy. It was a quick in and out and I was told at the store that I got my copy of Diablo 3 that the Colorado stores in my area are not even requiring a managers override anymore because so many people are taking advantage of the deal. They said that the higher ups have just set the price match in place in the system and that it is currently flowing through the system. I am not sure if that means corporate or just the stores in our region but I am assuming it is more than just that store because they said stores but anyway I would recommend that everyone just keep on trying and I wish everyone luck who has been having trouble getting a match. Once again if it would help anyone out to have pictures of receipts to use in your talks with managers to show other stores are price matching let me know and I will get mine posted up showing Diablo 3, Skyrim, and Starcraft 2. Also for all of my Colorado CAGS the store at 5395 S Wadsworth Blvd in Lakewood only has 1 copy of both Diablo 3 and Skyrim left. Good Luck Everyone :)!

#652 halcyonDayz

halcyonDayz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:52 AM

anyone in Cali bay area get a successful price match?

#653 xland1

xland1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

Has anyone had any luck price matching at Target? I've never tried it there before, and actually I'm not even sure if they price match at all. I'm trying to score a copy of Skyrim if I can.

#654 Aerc

Aerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

Has anyone had any luck price matching at Target? I've never tried it there before, and actually I'm not even sure if they price match at all. I'm trying to score a copy of Skyrim if I can.

They do, but they seem very strict with their PM policy.
PrizeRebel Help me out by signing up for Prize Rebel so I can continue to do a weekly amazon gift card giveaway. In the process you'd be earning money too.

Posted Image

#655 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

Tried today and they told me they only match offers from physical ads, meaning the official circular from TRU.

#656 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:21 AM

Walmart will do a PM based on what I show them on my phone? Got shot down at TRU, but I might go into Walmart to try this.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#657 Calipup

Calipup

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

When does this deal end? Want to go to my local Toys R Us and see if they have any.

#658 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

Walmart will do a PM based on what I show them on my phone? Got shot down at TRU, but I might go into Walmart to try this.

Extreme YMMV. I got very lucky with Diablo 3, with no objections other than having both a CSM and a manager come over to approve it.

Second time for Skyrim (at a few different WMs) was an ordeal. First one was denied right away, second time is detailed a page or two back involving my old lady. Got ugly, but they caved and I got Skyrim for $10.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#659 cadeSILVER

cadeSILVER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

Finally made it in to my local (~40 miles) TRU, no Skyrim. Guy working there I spoke to as I left remarked on how they had the "lamest collection of PC games in town".

Not wrong :(

#660 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:36 AM

if you type this thread title into google search, it is pratically everywhere at all the major forum, whether it being gear toward gaming or not. it is basically like the bestbuy blowout sale, when the list was leaked before the sale even started,lol and ppl were pre-buying the game.