The Dark Knight Rises Exclusive

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#271 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

I'm in the same boat, but are these really that rare or did people just buy them like crazy? I was looking on Wal-Mart.com and noticed they have the limited edition Dark Knight Blu -Ray that came with the bat-pod for $25. Huge Batman fan but and would love to have this, just not sure if it will be super rare or not.

My local FYE had had that (and some Spiderman 3 Sandman statues) in stock for months and months. Actually, they have about 50-60 copies of Dark Knight in various forms.

Thinking about picking up a Steelbook solely to sell on eBay. Already own Begins so I am good.

#272 MrSneis

MrSneis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

Lulz. I'm so confused about which version to buy. Really too much for me to handle!

BB Steelbook: $25, comes with extra documentary
Target Digibook: $25, comes with mini comic and some stills
Broken Cowl: $25 or $35, comes with broken cowl display, the movies are stored in some tin-looking thing that is not the size of a case. Apparently may be quite rare
WB Shop Ultimate: NLA - comes with action figures
Regular: $18, comes with dvd, blu, digital copy
Virtual Hydlide, Bad Dudes

#273 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

The Bat Cowl LE is actually numbered /35,000. The batcycle was not and to be honest was quite lame.

#274 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

Got the steelbook earlier this morning. Still debating if I wanna go to Target and try to get the digibook, but after seeing this youtube video of it (And discovering the comic is literally the beginning of the movie in comic form), I'm not quite so interested in getting it just for better box art.

Posted Image

#275 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

How many pages is the Digi Book?

#276 SyxxHallNash

SyxxHallNash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

I see everyone saying the Best Buy Steelbook comes with an extra documentary. Is this on the special features disc, or is this the one you need to watch online?

#277 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

I see everyone saying the Best Buy Steelbook comes with an extra documentary. Is this on the special features disc, or is this the one you need to watch online?

I'm pretty sure it's on the disc. The only code is for the Ultraviolet copy, so unless the documentary is on there, I'm guessing it's on the special features disc.
Posted Image

#278 MrSneis

MrSneis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

I'm pretty sure it's on the disc. The only code is for the Ultraviolet copy, so unless the documentary is on there, I'm guessing it's on the special features disc.

Wouldn't it make more sense that the documentary is on a separate disc from a manufacturing perspective? The Blu Ray discs themselves should be the same from regular to the other editions...
Virtual Hydlide, Bad Dudes

#279 ThunderChunky62

ThunderChunky62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Its online. I got a code on my receipt to redeem it and they also emailed code

#280 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

Its online. I got a code on my receipt to redeem it and they also emailed code

Ah, I didn't look at the receipt. That would explain it.

EDIT: Actually, it's not on my reciept. I guess I'm calling Best Buy.
Posted Image

#281 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Wouldn't it make more sense that the documentary is on a separate disc from a manufacturing perspective? The Blu Ray discs themselves should be the same from regular to the other editions...

The extra (Dark Knight Reborn) is 100% confirmed to be on the special features disc

#282 oNeWiNgEdAnGeL

oNeWiNgEdAnGeL

ROCKDOOMFLOW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

If anyone can grab me a copy of the BatCowl LE if they see one, I'll pay for shipping + extra for the hassle.

#283 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

I just watched the Dark Knight Reborn which is on the disc. Pretty stupid honestly. 50% of it just reused the clips from the other special features on the disc. Overall though, the special features are awesome

Formerly known as slickkill77

#284 SyxxHallNash

SyxxHallNash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

I asked about The Dark Knight Reborn doc because you get a code to download it when you preordered. I really don't like watching things on my computer monitor though so I'm glad to hear it's on the disc. Guess this was just a way to watch it early.

#285 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

Anyone who ordered from WB get a shipping confirmation yet?

Saw $32 was deducted from my account yesterday..I thought "cool, it's getting ready to ship and they've charged my card"

Check this morning and the $32 was credited back to my account. I swear, WB has been the most sketchy place I've personally ordered from. I preorder and get no order status to this date...CS calls like 2 weeks later just to confirm my address and claims the order is STILL active, even though I cannot see the details of that myself...then they charge my card, then negate the charge.

Very confusing to me.
Posted Image

#286 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Anyone who ordered from WB get a shipping confirmation yet?

Saw $32 was deducted from my account yesterday..I thought "cool, it's getting ready to ship and they've charged my card"

Check this morning and the $32 was credited back to my account. I swear, WB has been the most sketchy place I've personally ordered from. I preorder and get no order status to this date...CS calls like 2 weeks later just to confirm my address and claims the order is STILL active, even though I cannot see the details of that myself...then they charge my card, then negate the charge.

Very confusing to me.

You're confused...

I purchased two from the wbshop in a single order. I got charged yesterday but when I tracked my order it still said "in process" on the details page yet for shipping method it said:

"First Class Mail"

Well the cutoff for first class mail is 13oz. So I have no idea how two of the exclusive editions with the figurines plus packing materials could possibly weigh less then 13ounces.

#287 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

I wish I had checked this thread while I was on the phone with Best Buy. Took them 30 minutes and 3 escalations to get me a damn code for something that was on the disc in the first place.

Oh well.
Posted Image

#288 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

You're confused...

I purchased two from the wbshop in a single order. I got charged yesterday but when I tracked my order it still said "in process" on the details page yet for shipping method it said:

"First Class Mail"

Well the cutoff for first class mail is 13oz. So I have no idea how two of the exclusive editions with the figurines plus packing materials could possibly weigh less then 13ounces.

You know, right until you posted this, I had no idea there was a separate track order screen on their site..I thought it was under the My Account tab, which I've checked for my order several times and nothing showed up.

Yea, mine too shows "in process" with First Class shipping method. Very curious how that's gonna work...
Posted Image

#289 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

I didn't have matching steelbooks, the cowl looks cheap but cool but I didn't have space for it, so I ended up getting one of the first of its kind lenticular digibook edition. Target did use spider wraps of death so beware but the bigger Targets was security free.

#290 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

I didn't have matching steelbooks, the cowl looks cheap but cool but I didn't have space for it, so I ended up getting one of the first of its kind lenticular digibook edition. Target did use spider wraps of death so beware but the bigger Targets was security free.

how much is the target edition again?

#291 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

My Best Buy said they had 77 copies of the TDKR steel but they "weren't on the floor and couldn't find them."

Total BS.

Also said they ran out of Nemo plush dolls, and online showed them in stock as well.

Fuck Best Buy.

#292 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

My Best Buy said they had 77 copies of the TDKR steel but they "weren't on the floor and couldn't find them."

Total BS.

Also said they ran out of Nemo plush dolls, and online showed them in stock as well.

Fuck Best Buy.

Yep, I walk in today and all the employees are idiots they had no idea were the Batman Steelbooks were or the Nemo plush dolls.

#293 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Yep, I walk in today and all the employees are idiots they had no idea were the Batman Steelbooks were or the Nemo plush dolls.

Yeah I checked with a few different employees and they were like "we must be out of stock."

I just ordered the steel for in store pickup. Watch them find it then.

Douches.

Out of luck for the plush, though. Was gonna give it to the kid. What a bummer.

#294 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

There should be at least one but possibly 2 or 3 DKR/Batman displays in store that will hold all the different versions of the movie/trilogy and the previous 2 movies (no Cowls though, unfortunately). The shelf location where it *should* be will most likely be empty.

I'm definitely torn on which version(s) to get. I'm more of a cheap bastard than a collector when it comes to media, but I am tempted to get various versions such as the BBY exclusive trilogy (has the bonus disc packed in on the back) as those will probably make for good resells in the future. Got some BBY reward certs so I will at least use them on a steelcase BBY exclusive...especially if I can somehow magically pull a PM to amazon like Judou did. :D

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#295 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

It took Best By all of 15 minutes to email me and tell me the order was ready.

I think I spent more time in the store actually looking.

They probably just grabbed a regular copy.

#296 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

my bestbuy had plenty of steelbooks, i was looking for the damn cowl edition at a few places today and came up empty :(

#297 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

my bestbuy had plenty of steelbooks, i was looking for the damn cowl edition at a few places today and came up empty :(

The cowl edition is not being carried in Best Buy stores. Your best bet is Wal-Mart. Good luck.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#298 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

When I bought my steelbook this morning, Best Buy tried to sell me Reborn separately for an extra $15.

I turned them down because a) it's not worth that much and b) it was reported here that it was on the special features disc.

Now I see that the Target edition also has a special features disc, so I'm not so sure. Did Best Buy have a special pressing of their disc? Or do all versions of Rises come with Reborn?

I don't have a blu ray player yet, so it's nothing urgent, but the information about the documentary could have been a lot more clear.

#299 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

Went to a walmart on the way to my gf's house and the 2 slots they had for the Cowl version were empty. Looks like they only carried 2, maybe 3, anyways.

But the trip was not in vain...found a Hangover/Hangover 2/Due Date triple Blu pack for $9, so I was siked...especially with how I've been wanting all 3 of those on Blu lately.
Posted Image

#300 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

:-(

Question....

I have prime and ordered the Blu combo pack from Amazon and well it didn't get delivered today even though it has been at my post office since Saturday. Should I contact CS about it or just leave it be and hope it gets here tomorrow?