The Dark Knight Rises Exclusive

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#301 bkruz11

bkruz11

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

Think I'll have to go with the trilogy version as for some reason I still don't own the first two movies.

small.png

#302 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Think I'll have to go with the trilogy version as for some reason I still don't own the first two movies.

Wow, you might be the only person in America. I just got BBY to PM amazon on both the BBY exclusive steelcase DKR to $17.96 as well as the BBY exclusive blu trilogy for $27.96. I will try for the cowl version tonight, and possibly the Target exclusive. The BBY exclusive "LE" trilogy (comes with the bonus disc packed on in a separate case) was extremely limited...store only had a handful to begin with of either blu or DVD.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#303 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

When I bought my steelbook this morning, Best Buy tried to sell me Reborn separately for an extra $15.

I turned them down because a) it's not worth that much and b) it was reported here that it was on the special features disc.

Now I see that the Target edition also has a special features disc, so I'm not so sure. Did Best Buy have a special pressing of their disc? Or do all versions of Rises come with Reborn?

I don't have a blu ray player yet, so it's nothing urgent, but the information about the documentary could have been a lot more clear.

Mine had the same thing too. But the employee said that as soon as she would go to the paying part of the transaction, it would cancel it out cause the Reborn copy is part of the promo. Ans sure enough she was right. So make sure they go all the way through to the end of the transaction where you have to pay for it to cancel it out. This was the first time I've seen this too considering I buy a lot of blurays from BB.

#304 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

Wow, you might be the only person in America. I just got BBY to PM amazon on both the BBY exclusive steelcase DKR to $17.96 as well as the BBY exclusive blu trilogy for $27.96. I will try for the cowl version tonight, and possibly the Target exclusive. The BBY exclusive "LE" trilogy (comes with the bonus disc packed on in a separate case) was extremely limited...store only had a handful to begin with of either blu or DVD.

I've seen a few people say they got BBY to PM Amazon on Best Buy's steelbook to $17.96...how are you doing this when Amazons price is for the combo?

They're 2 different things: combo and steelbook. I foresee the sales rep saying "they aren't the same..no go", making this very YMMV
Posted Image

#305 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

Mine had the same thing too. But the employee said that as soon as she would go to the paying part of the transaction, it would cancel it out cause the Reborn copy is part of the promo. Ans sure enough she was right. So make sure they go all the way through to the end of the transaction where you have to pay for it to cancel it out. This was the first time I've seen this too considering I buy a lot of blurays from BB.

Oh, so was someone supposed to hand me a 4th disc at the register with Reborns on it? Or was the transaction screen just confusing?

#306 mig0

mig0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

I went to target today and am a bit confused/pleasantly surprised.

The digibook cover is a ... whats it called, lentacular? Which alternates between bane or batman. Right? I thought there were 2 different digibooks of 1 or the other. So now I have the cowl (en route from walmart), steelbook, and digibook. I probably should sell a UV copy on ebay or something.

#307 Hulkamaniac418

Hulkamaniac418

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

Picked up the Cowl version at Walmart. So freakin cool looking. Almost don't want to open it. Out of curiousity I checked to see how much it's already going for on eBay. I saw one that had 4 hours left, and was up to $100.

Maybe I'll just get the standard bluray and watch that.

#308 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

I just watched the Dark Knight Reborn which is on the disc. Pretty stupid honestly. 50% of it just reused the clips from the other special features on the disc. Overall though, the special features are awesome

That's disappointing, but somehow not unexpected.

#309 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

:-(

Question....

I have prime and ordered the Blu combo pack from Amazon and well it didn't get delivered today even though it has been at my post office since Saturday. Should I contact CS about it or just leave it be and hope it gets here tomorrow?

Anyone? :-(

#310 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

Picked up the Cowl version at Walmart. So freakin cool looking. Almost don't want to open it. Out of curiousity I checked to see how much it's already going for on eBay. I saw one that had 4 hours left, and was up to $100.

Maybe I'll just get the standard bluray and watch that.

Going to Walmart now to see if I can find it :) picked up the steel book but after looking at picks I want it
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#311 cleaver

cleaver

You have 0 friends

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

BB matched Walmart without even checking, glad I checked this thread, didn't think it'd work.
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#312 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

Oh, so was someone supposed to hand me a 4th disc at the register with Reborns on it? Or was the transaction screen just confusing?

No they're suppose to email you a code that will let you activate it on whatever their streaming service is (Flixster I think)

#313 batmanofbaylor

batmanofbaylor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

The cowl edition is pretty amazing. My wife grabbed the last copy at Walmart for me while I was at work. Can't believe Walmart was selling it for only $25. Much better on the shelf than a steel book.

#314 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

No they're suppose to email you a code that will let you activate it on whatever their streaming service is (Flixster I think)

I think it's called CinemaNow. But people above were reporting that Reborn was on the special features disc. I'm not sure if they're referring to the disc that every version ComboPack comes with (meaning it's a different disc -- the standard extras + Best Buy exclusives) or if there's a 4th disc that was supposed to come with the Best Buy version.

I suspect the former, but I don't have a Blu Ray player to check it on.

#315 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

So can someone let me know if i get the Reborn documentary?

I bought the best buy steelbook in store, but DID NOT pre-order it.
However, my receipt says: Decline dar / Decline Dark Knight Reborn $0.00.

It is definitely on disc of the steelbook version, right?
And will I also be emailed a code for the digital version of Dark Knight Reborn since I didn't pre-order it?

#316 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

The steelbook is really sweet! Holy hell did they have a lot of them. They were all over the store, too; it was like a scavenger hunt to find all the kiosks of them. They also had a generous amount of the steelbooks for the first two movies. I also noticed that they still have a butt-load of the Spider Man steelbooks. I guess those aren't selling so well? I hope those get a price drop soon!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#317 batmanofbaylor

batmanofbaylor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:56 AM

Posted Image

#318 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

Figures that the one time I dont go out at midnight and buy something, it sells for $120 on ebay.

Soon all 30,000 will have been sold there though
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#319 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

I ordered one from bestbuy.com earlier today, hopefully it doesn't get canceled

#320 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

Managed to snag one of the batcowls from WalMart luckily. Didn't think these things would be selling for a lil over $100. Mines #744/35,000. Think I may leave it sealed, it looks better in the box.

#321 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

Wow, you might be the only person in America.

He is not. I own Begins in a Blu-ray Steelbook but have yet to watch it. Have Dark Knight on DVD but I will probably use it for an Upgrade & Save promo if I can't sell it on eBay. Also have Begins and Dark Knight Steels that I bought for the BB gift cards and I am trying to sell it on eBay.

I prefer Marvel live action and DC animated.

#322 UberSwiss

UberSwiss

Cheap Suits?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

I seriously hate this site sometimes...I ended up getting the cowl, digibook, and SB out of sheer excitement. Thanks guys lol
Currently Playing:
:360: Halo 4/NBA 2k13
:ps3: Assassins Creed 3

Posted Image

#323 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

I've seen a few people say they got BBY to PM Amazon on Best Buy's steelbook to $17.96...how are you doing this when Amazons price is for the combo?

They're 2 different things: combo and steelbook. I foresee the sales rep saying "they aren't the same..no go", making this very YMMV

Could someone please answer this lol? I'm guessing it is just by chance, but I'm wondering how whoever had this happen phrased it to the employee.
Posted Image

#324 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Could someone please answer this lol? I'm guessing it is just by chance, but I'm wondering how whoever had this happen phrased it to the employee.

I bought Finding Nemo 3D and DK Rises steelbook ($24.99) and went to my car because I forgot Borderlands 2. I had Finding Nemo price-matched when I bought it but I didn't know if there was a price matching opportunity for DK Rises. Checked DK Rises prices online while sitting in my car. Traded in my Borderlands 2 but I still had the DK Rises receipt in my pocket. Went to customer service and said that I just bought this today but I would like a price adjustment to $17.96, which I checked in the car. Gave her my receipt and got the price adjustment.

Be sure to point out that the regular Amazon price is $35.99 but that it is now $17.96. I made it clear to the CSR so she didn't feel like it was a problem, and she confirmed the price by looking it up.

Got Finding Nemo 5-disc & steelbook + DK Rises steelbook for $35 total after price-matching them both.

( Wrote about how I got Finding Nemo: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=333285 )

#325 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

I bought Finding Nemo 3D and DK Rises steelbook ($24.99) and went to my car because I forgot Borderlands 2. I had Finding Nemo price-matched when I bought it but I didn't know if there was a price matching opportunity for DK Rises. Checked DK Rises prices online while sitting in my car. Traded in my Borderlands 2 but I still had the DK Rises receipt in my pocket. Went to customer service and said that I just bought this today but I would like a price adjustment to $17.96, which I checked in the car. Gave her my receipt and got the price adjustment.

Be sure to point out that the regular Amazon price is $35.99 but that it is now $17.96. I made it clear to the CSR so she didn't feel like it was a problem, and she confirmed the price by looking it up.

Got Finding Nemo 5-disc & steelbook + DK Rises steelbook for $35 total after price-matching them both.

( Wrote about how I got Finding Nemo: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=333285 )

Well I appreciate your reply, but I was aware of Amazon's price of $17.96 lol..I'm just curious because its for the COMBO pack...not the steelbook since they don't carry it, only BBY does. I assume the person will say "this is a different version of the movie and not the one Amazon is selling, so I can't give you a PM"

If it was the same thing, yea...but this is apples and oranges.
Posted Image

#326 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

I remember when Best Buy had a wave of Disney/Pixar Steelbooks I was able to get a PM to the regular editions, but in hindsight I don't think it was right to do it since they are indeed different editions. BB employers shouldn't allow it either, but they're often completely clueless about these things and just see the fact that they're both Blu-ray combos

#327 dstan

dstan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

If anybody ends up deciding to sell a Cowl copy let me know, Wal-Mart online "oversold" and I got screwed out of what I assumed was a guaranteed pre-order.

Yeah, I'm pretty damn salty about it at the moment.

#328 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

I still have the DVD releases from the first two movies that came with the comics and the Two Face coin (unopened). But for some reason, I am not interested in the cowl as the exclusive item for Dark Knight Rises.

I have the other two steelbooks so naturally I want the latest one. $24.99 is a bit high so hopefully an Upgrade and Trade promotion will help change that.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#329 cleaver

cleaver

You have 0 friends

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

The Batmobile documentary is outstanding, best special feature I've watched in I don't know when. Keeping a cowl sealed I ordered from Walmart months ago when it was $25, spent the last 4 hours digging into the steel book. I bought 50/50 for $13 when it came out, still haven't had a chance to watch it. This I'll watch a bunch.
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#330 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

I too have no shipping confirmation on my WB Shop order, but it is also apparently going to come first class. Also picked up the DVD trilogy off Amazon...I already own the first 2 on DVD but had some credit to use so ended up paying $14.94 out of pocket for the set and it comes with that 64 page book. Will take a look at Walmart today after work and see if the Cowl edition is still in stock...but the fact that I do not have a Blu-Ray player yet is making me want to wait a bit.