The Dark Knight Rises Exclusive

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#331 buffdrew84

buffdrew84

Used PSI Cheapness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

I went to walmart yesterday at 8am and all they had was the standard edition blu ray for 24.96. Wasted my time. Then I went to bestbuy which is across the street luckily. They had the steelbook and the regular edition. I just bought the regular for 18.99 as I don't own the steelbooks of the others so I figured, whats the point? I doubt my walmart ever even had any of the bat cowl editions

Grizzly Bear says

"Mo Honey Mo Problems"

Tradelist:

http://cheapassgamer...ad.php?t=151559

#332 Taco5

Taco5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

If anybody ends up deciding to sell a Cowl copy let me know, Wal-Mart online "oversold" and I got screwed out of what I assumed was a guaranteed pre-order.

Yeah, I'm pretty damn salty about it at the moment.

Yea, I got an e-mail last night saying that could not fulfill my order and they canceled it. Luckily I was able to get two in store in the a.m.
What's the matter kid, don't you like clowns? Aren't we fuckin' funny?

#333 philmcfly

philmcfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

I remember when Best Buy had a wave of Disney/Pixar Steelbooks I was able to get a PM to the regular editions, but in hindsight I don't think it was right to do it since they are indeed different editions. BB employers shouldn't allow it either, but they're often completely clueless about these things and just see the fact that they're both Blu-ray combos

A lot of us did. It was like $5-10 savings I remember for about 12 Steelbooks per Steelbook. I felt bad (especially the amount of hoops I had to jump through), but my wallet definitely didn't. Man that was a long receipt.

#334 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

Went to Target last night and they had a buttload of the books in stock. I got the feeling not many were willing to pay the extra for them.

#335 Hulkamaniac418

Hulkamaniac418

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

Just an update: The Cowl edition is bidding up to $150 on eBay. ;)

#336 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

This gives me hope that the wbshop exclusive may fetch an insane price then. They may be toys, but the fact that only 1,000 were made available will catch attention.

I just wish those of us who bought it knew what kind of packaging it was going to be in. If its a complete box with special artwork etc, then I have no doubt it will be rare...but if its the movie standalone and 3 separate boxed action figures like you could find at TRU or anywhere else, then I don't fee like it'll sell at all.
Posted Image

#337 dstan

dstan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Yea, I got an e-mail last night saying that could not fulfill my order and they canceled it. Luckily I was able to get two in store in the a.m.

You are so lucky...

#338 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

my wb order still says " in process" under shipment status , what gives?

i ordered on october 8th

#339 bfett9

bfett9

Stop Looking at Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

This should have been the trilogy edition cover.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#340 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

it's worlds better than the Blu cover.

#341 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Amazon's price just dropped to $17.xx

Just got my refund notice

Still haven't received my release day shipping copy yet :-(

#342 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

If anybody ends up deciding to sell a Cowl copy let me know, Wal-Mart online "oversold" and I got screwed out of what I assumed was a guaranteed pre-order.

Yeah, I'm pretty damn salty about it at the moment.

PM Sent

rcerboss bet his CAG card and lost, and now wont leave. 

http://www.cheapassg...te-september-9/

#343 rexflexall

rexflexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

If anyone else has an extra copy of the LE cowl edition that they would like to sell or trade for please let me know. Some douche wanted to fight me for it at WM (although I think he was only half joking). I was with my kid so I didn't want to be a bad example over something that cost $25. Though this was a hard pill to swallow because I don't think there is another one within me for miles.
CAG? I'm Cheap Ass everything:booty:

#344 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

Not sure where you are seeing that, most completed actual sold listings, are hitting right around 100.

rcerboss bet his CAG card and lost, and now wont leave. 

http://www.cheapassg...te-september-9/

#345 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

I was able to get Target to match Wal Mart's price for the digibook. Best Buy wouldn't let me price match because they said one was a BB exclusive and the Wal Mart was just a regular edition. I figured I would try. Not sure if I am going to keep the steelbook. I got my Cowl LE yesterday from Amazon (thank goodness I didn't cancel my order like I thought I did). Had one pre-ordered from Wal Mart as well, but received my cancellation notice from them last night. At least I got one.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#346 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

This should have been the trilogy edition cover.
Posted Image

Very cool looking.

#347 oNeWiNgEdAnGeL

oNeWiNgEdAnGeL

ROCKDOOMFLOW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

If anyone can grab me a copy of the BatCowl LE if they see one, I'll pay for shipping + extra for the hassle.

Still looking for one.

#348 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Me three. Am still looking for Batcowl LE.

#349 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

my Bat cowl order from BB is apparently being prepared so it looks promising that I'll be getting one. As soon as they charge my card I'll be calling them up to PM walmart

#350 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Updated the info on OP.

#351 ray2dee

ray2dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Received my copy of DKR is the mail today...After hearing all the bad CAG experiences with ordering online my steelbook came out perfect surprisingly......Now to cross my fingers again on my copy of Superman Returns Steelbook

#352 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

FYI Costco has :br: TDK Trilogy for $27.99 AIR (after instant rebate) and $17.99 AIR for :br: Regular Combo Pack.

#353 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

I went to the 3 largest walmarts today because I was curious about all the "cowl" talk. Only 1 walmart got a single "cowl" edition yesterday while the other 2 walmarts didn't receive any cowl editions at all. I have a feeling that most walmarts in the U.S. didn't get any cowls and the ones that did only got a few at best.

#354 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

I went to the 3 largest walmarts today because I was curious about all the "cowl" talk. Only 1 walmart got a single "cowl" edition yesterday while the other 2 walmarts didn't receive any cowl editions at all. I have a feeling that most walmarts in the U.S. didn't get any cowls and the ones that did only got a few at best.

I went to 3 and called 6, all of them were sold out or didn't get them. The 3 I went to, only 2 got them in, 1 store got 1 and the other got 2. The other 6 I called were sold out.

#355 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

anyone receive shipping notice on their WB shop order yet, this is a bit ridiculous

#356 Hulkamaniac418

Hulkamaniac418

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

Not sure where you are seeing that, most completed actual sold listings, are hitting right around 100.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2325e50005

http://www.ebay.com/...=item19d73ed9bc

#357 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

anyone receive shipping notice on their WB shop order yet, this is a bit ridiculous

Nope. Nothing yet. Still "In Process"

#358 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

This one sold for $250, apparently because it's #2,000.... like that matters

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2578719419

#359 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

A worker at Walmart dug two of the cowls out of the back last night from me at the super mega ghetto Walmart...she had spent about half an hour back there. Sorry guys they are both claimed.

BTW make sure if you're going for the Best Buy exclusive Trilogy versions you check very carefully, only difference I could tell was the "Best Buy Exclusive" sticker on the lower left (opposite the UltraViolet sticker) on the front, as well as the UPC code and probably some miscellaneous change in the information on the back. Stores are completely out of all of the Best Buy exclusive trilogy versions blu and DVD as well as almost out of the steelbook surprisingly.

Targets have a TON of the digibook versions though.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#360 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

My cowl set is #744, not sure if the number actually adds value, although I can see #1 being really cool. But hey im below 1000!!! Woot!