The Dark Knight Rises Exclusive

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#361 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

I just dont see the value in $250 for this.

All of it is plastic? (not sure) but if so, that is crazy. Id spend $250 on two new TVs before I buy a plastic stand
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#362 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

Bought the steelbook edition from Best Buy. They had plenty. Also saw they had one copy left of Planet Earth on blu ray for 20 bucks. Grabbed that too. Even though I have it already on dvd. Blu Ray is sweet beans.

#363 dstan

dstan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

I honestly wouldn't value the word of an employee about them not having any Cowl Editions. I called around a few stores today and a Wal-Mart that said they didn't have any had one left, in actuality.

I know this because my mom happened to be at that Wal-Mart after I called, and having known of my plight called me to ask if I wanted it. I responded with an affirmative on that. :-D

#364 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

All of it is plastic? (not sure) but if so, that is crazy. Id spend $250 on two new TVs before I buy a plastic stand

Do not underestimate Nolan fanboys. Remember that these same people likely blasted reviewers when they gave the movie anything less than A+++ when first being released.

#365 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

got shipping confirmation from my wbshop order just a few mins ago

#366 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

got shipping confirmation from my wbshop order just a few mins ago

How is it shipping (which method)?

I was hoping the "first class" that was on my order details was just a placeholder... and that in actuality the weight forced these to go some other method because as I mentioned earlier I don't have high hopes for the quality if they can get two movies with the action figures to qualify for first class (13oz or less)

#367 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

How is it shipping (which method)?

I was hoping the "first class" that was on my order details was just a placeholder... and that in actuality the weight forced these to go some other method because as I mentioned earlier I don't have high hopes for the quality if they can get two movies with the action figures to qualify for first class (13oz or less)

Ups ground
Posted Image

#368 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

Urgh, in a dilemma now.

So, I preordered both the WBShop exclusive (which I plan to keep sealed) and the DVD trilogy, since I dont have a Blu-Ray player, for $14.94 OOP after some credit (which I will need to adjust since the price went from $19.96 to $17.96 it looks like) figuring that the the box art looked nice and the 64 page book excerpt seemed pretty good for that price.

Then, today after work I swung by my small-town Walmart to see if any Cowl editions were left and of course they were gone, but while browsing the electronics section I saw a "Walmart Exclusive" 2-disc DVD edition that has the extra features including the Batmobile special for $17.96. So now I am thinking of returning the DVD trilogy set from Amazon and just picking this up instead.

My question, fellow CAGs, is are the extras worth picking up now, or should I just stick with my DVD trilogy set and accept not watching the extras? I dont have a Blu-Ray player.

Appreciate any advice!

EDIT: I am currently chatting with Amazon CS to get my DVD trilogy set adjusted from $19.96 to $17.96 and she is telling me they dont do price matches....

#369 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

stop buying DVD's (save your money) and buy a blu-ray player. It is 2012; you can get one with smart features for like $60 if you browse slickdeals or other deal sites

#370 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

Slickdeals booo!!!! Booo!!! ;)
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#371 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

cant wait to get my wbshop version, very curious to see how figures are packaged

#372 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

cant wait to get my wbshop version, very curious to see how figures are packaged

Me too man...there's so many possibilities. They could me those $8.99-11.99 deluxe figures you can find in any toy store, or actual LIMITED figures just for this movie package.

I'm more curious to know how everything will be boxed. If the figured are separate or all in some nicely done artwork box with the movie behind them. The latter would definitely net a pretty penny to diehard fans.

Unlike the Inception limited edition, all we saw of this was the stock Bluray combo and the figures out of box in front... The anticipation is killing me. I almost want to avoid this thread until I get mine so I don't have to see "what a pile of crap!" From everyone if the edition is not good.
Posted Image

#373 nedstark

nedstark

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

I am wondering what do you guys do with all those dvds form the bluray combo packs I have so many lolo

#374 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

I am wondering what do you guys do with all those dvds form the bluray combo packs I have so many lolo

I sometimes either sell them or give them to friends. Eh, maybe the case looks weird with an empty disc slot, but I find the money I make to be well worth the offset of the price I originally paid. Example: I paid $19.99 for avengers 5-disc edition...sold the 3D disc only for $12. Boom!
Posted Image

#375 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

yeah, I sell them or give them to friends too. Usually I'll throw in the digital copy too since I don't use iTunes

#376 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

Its Batman... what's there to understand??

#377 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

I have begun to sell the discs I won't need (like the 3D discs) and combine like series into one case, such as fitting all the Toy Story films in the TS3 case or putting Spider-Man 1 and the Deluxe Edition DVD in my Amazing Spider-Man Steelbook.

#378 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

What you have just described makes me sad inside... lol

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#379 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Do not underestimate Nolan fanboys. Remember that these same people likely blasted reviewers when they gave the movie anything less than A+++ when first being released.

while it is batman(which makes anything instantly cool) and these movies are certainly AAA+++ quality i still do not see the value of this cowl set. honestly had i even remotely thought i could get 100 dollars for i would of been at wal mart at 10 PM waiting and splurging. seriously wtf is so great about it beyond its cool and its batman. 250 dollars worth??? yea i am dying a little inside knowing this.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2325e50005

http://www.ebay.com/...=item19d73ed9bc

This one sold for $250, apparently because it's #2,000.... like that matters

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2578719419

facepalming so hard right now

#380 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

If anyone has a Walmart with a Bat Cowl left I'll pay cost, tax, shipping, and a little extra. I know my chances of someone doing this are slim, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Edited by aTaRiFrEaK223, 08 December 2012 - 02:59 AM.

#381 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

If anyone has a Walmart with a Bat Cowl left I'll pay cost, tax, shipping, and a little extra. I know my chances of someone doing this are slim, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I will check a more rural one for you since the one I work at is sold out.

#382 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

I will check a more rural one for you since the one I work at is sold out.

If you have the chance, I'd really appreciate it.

#383 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

I was perusing ebay just to see if I could find anyone who prematurely put their WBShop Edition on there, and only found one person. Someone in the UK who apparently bought 3 and had them all for 70 GBP (roughly $112 U.S.) buyitnow. It showed 2 of them sold for that, so that was his last one.

Looks like us few 1,000 may have a nice payday similar to Cowl owners, should we choose to sell.
Posted Image

#384 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

If you have the chance, I'd really appreciate it.

No luck at the Walmart next to my College. Hopefully you will find one for clos to original price.
c230fb8bbd924924db8824b92aa424e3_0cdf051<---FFXIVARR Character Lodestone
549917_4220482276976_99161570_n.jpg<---Trade Listclonesniper6.png

#385 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

I was perusing ebay just to see if I could find anyone who prematurely put their WBShop Edition on there, and only found one person. Someone in the UK who apparently bought 3 and had them all for 70 GBP (roughly $112 U.S.) buyitnow. It showed 2 of them sold for that, so that was his last one.

Looks like us few 1,000 may have a nice payday similar to Cowl owners, should we choose to sell.

You find any pictures of what the set looks like? I really hope it's not a standard blu with some cheap happy meal quality toys.

#386 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

Just watched the movie the other day. One thing I don't get that I never thought about when it was in theaters is why was he pumping blood into the dead guy and trying to start his hart?

Now back to the disc set, I picked up the steel book from best buy and it said it had the best buy exclusive extras. Was this set only to be a 3 disc set or should I have had another disc in it?
Posted Image

#387 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Just watched the movie the other day. One thing I don't get that I never thought about when it was in theaters is why was he pumping blood into the dead guy and trying to start his hart?

Now back to the disc set, I picked up the steel book from best buy and it said it had the best buy exclusive extras. Was this set only to be a 3 disc set or should I have had another disc in it?

They are pumping the heart to move the doctors blood through the dead bodies veins. My was guess so after the crash they would i.d. the dead body as the doctors.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#388 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

They are pumping the heart to move the doctors blood through the dead bodies veins. My was guess so after the crash they would i.d. the dead body as the doctors.

This

#389 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

You find any pictures of what the set looks like? I really hope it's not a standard blu with some cheap happy meal quality toys.

He had the stock photo we all saw when we preordered..so still no news on what it really looks like.

I did see that Canada has a special edition with a little Bane figure that people are selling for $65-70ish, but the bane looked very happy meal ish lol... Maybe the WB one with all 3 figures will prove better than that.
Posted Image

#390 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

The real tragedy of the movie is they didnt get that french chick to show her cans those things looked frigging huge in that scene at Wayne Manor after they were caught in the rain.
----------------------------------------------------------------------