The Dark Knight Rises Exclusive

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#421 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

If anyone has a Walmart with a Bat Cowl left I'll pay cost, tax, shipping, and a little extra. I know my chances of someone doing this are slim, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

#422 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

I currently have my WB Shop edition for $75 or $120 buyitnow...have a couple "watchers" but no activity yet...

I feel like this thing isn't gonna sell for anything and I'd honestly get MORE just shipping it back lol
Posted Image

#423 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

If anyone has a Walmart with a Bat Cowl left I'll pay cost, tax, shipping, and a little extra. I know my chances of someone doing this are slim, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I think the Batpod is better then this bat cowl, but that's me.
Lucky I got one for $9.99 when blockbuster was closing down.

I will try to see if I can find one this weekend when I go to walmart, but dont keep your hopes up since people think walmart always carry the lowest prices.

#424 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

I think the Batpod is better then this bat cowl, but that's me.
Lucky I got one for $9.99 when blockbuster was closing down.

I will try to see if I can find one this weekend when I go to walmart, but dont keep your hopes up since people think walmart always carry the lowest prices.

Thanks and no worries.

#425 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

You guys really couldnt have expected these to be 8 inch figures right?? From the pics you could see that they were gonna be fairly small
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#426 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

You guys really couldnt have expected these to be 8 inch figures right?? From the pics you could see that they were gonna be fairly small

I could've cared less about the size...I was just at least expecting one of the following:

All in one box with cool artwork
Numbered
Moveable articulation
NOT looking like they just came out of a happy meal. All that's missing is the little paper manual showing what they DON'T do...
Posted Image

#427 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

im going to just sell the figures and keep the movie, if i get $20 for the figures ill be happy and call it a day

#428 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

im going to just sell the figures and keep the movie, if i get $20 for the figures ill be happy and call it a day

While I WAS planning on keeping the movie a few days ago, I decided to get the BBY steelbook to match my collection instead because I ASSUMED this thing was gonna be the shit and I could resell it easily.

I've got 5 days on my auction. If it hasn't sold by then, back to WB it goes for my $32 back.
Posted Image

#429 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Good luck jcp, and honestly I don't think expecting at least some sort of decent unique packaging of all three figs together or with the movie is too much to ask. I mean Fuck, just a sealed plastic bag with "TDKR premium bane/batman/cat woman" on each, if that's premium I'd hate to see basic/regular.

So are these like hero clix figure size?

Love how the bags also prominently indicate the origin, obviously required but man is that ridiculous...manufactured in dongguan Guangdong china. I assume the first location is the city and the second is the state/province (too lazy to look it up), but aren't the names the inverse of each other?

I say if you got one of the best buy exclusive versions that's great, and if you were lucky enough to get the cowl even better, but no way in hell should anyone pay more than msrp for it. At a "limited" production of 35,000 these will be readily available on the secondary market. There will be opportunities in the future to acquire these at a reasonable price I have no doubt

Edited by karkyco, 08 December 2012 - 04:08 PM.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#430 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

From what I can make out of the pictures, these look like the figures that usually come with the special BB releases of the DC Animated Films. So these will probably appeal to collectors who have those figures.

#431 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

Good luck jcp, and honestly I don't think expecting at least some sort of decent unique packaging of all three figs together or with the movie is too much to ask. I mean Fuck, just a sealed plastic bag with "TDKR premium bane/batman/cat woman" on each, if that's premium I'd hate to see basic/regular.

So are these like hero clix figure size?

Love how the bags also prominently indicate the origin, obviously required but man is that ridiculous...manufactured in dongguan Guangdong china. I assume the first location is the city and the second is the state/province (too lazy to look it up), but aren't the names the inverse of each other?

I say if you got one of the best buy exclusive versions that's great, and if you were lucky enough to get the cowl even better, but no way in hell should anyone pay more than msrp for it. At a "limited" production of 35,000 these will be readily available on the secondary market. There will be opportunities in the future to acquire these at a reasonable price I have no doubt

Appreciate it man. I honestly wouldn't mind selling it to another CAG who seriously wanted one to keep, for like $45-50 shipped. I'm just looking for any alternative at this point lol.
Posted Image

#432 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Anybody have luck selling their WB sets yet? Mine gets here tomorrow, debating if its worth the effort to try and resell or if I should just return it.

#433 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

Anybody have luck selling their WB sets yet? Mine gets here tomorrow, debating if its worth the effort to try and resell or if I should just return it.

I want to buy your catwoman figurine, so that I can put it in the actual boxset from either Amazon.ca or Walmart.ca exclusives.

#434 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

i listed an auction for just the 3 figures, its currently up to $26 with 10 watchers , have 1day 18hrs left

id say you can get your $ back just by selling the figures and get the movie for free, good enough for me.

#435 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

^That's actually not that bad. Kinda wish I bought a set just to sell the figures and get the movie for free

#436 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

i listed an auction for just the 3 figures, its currently up to $26 with 10 watchers , have 1day 18hrs left

id say you can get your $ back just by selling the figures and get the movie for free, good enough for me.

thats pretty decent, but I already picked up the movie in the trilogy set.

#437 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

Maybe that's what I'll do.

I am disappointed with the WB Shop but I can't really bad mad at them. Sometimes you win with exclusive editions like these (Suckerpunch steelbook) and sometimes you get low quality exclusives like TDKR.

The only fault I put on them is they did an absolute awful job at describing how the set would be packaged. At the very least I figured it would be similar to the Batman Animated Sets that come out with the figures inside the packaging.

#438 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

i would advise keeping the WB Shop figures and selling them on ebay, there is a definite market for them

my auction for the figures alone is up to $50 with free shipping

#439 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

i would advise keeping the WB Shop figures and selling them on ebay, there is a definite market for them

my auction for the figures alone is up to $50 with free shipping

Hey, do you mind if I use your picture to make my own ad?
Posted Image

#440 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

on the bright side i enjoyed watching this movie with subtitles i couldnt understand a damn thing Bane said in the theater i thought it was just my hearing impairment but apparently even my non hearing impaired friend couldnt either.

gotta say i really loved the movie the second time around(loved it the first time too). takes some major balls to follow up what is considered the best batman movie with a movie that only has 20-30 minutes of batman on screen time.

#441 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

I'm at a loss..Henry00x's auctions for JUST the figures is up to $52.99....I've been trying to sell the figures AND the Blu for $50 or $80 buyitnow, and nothing in 3 days...besides 3 watchers who probably won't bid anyways..
Posted Image

#442 blazenumb1

blazenumb1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

I'm at a loss..Henry00x's auctions for JUST the figures is up to $52.99....I've been trying to sell the figures AND the Blu for $50 or $80 buyitnow, and nothing in 3 days...besides 3 watchers who probably won't bid anyways..

If I have learned anything from eBay, people like auction's so much more than buy it now. For example, I sold my far cry 3 dlc last week for $31.00(WTF) when there were a few buyitnow's for almost $10 less.

Start a new auction style listing for a few days and the bids will come and you shouldn't have much trouble getting what your looking for.

#443 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

People can earn rewards and rebates and stuff on auctions, BIN are NOT the way to go basically ever.

Who would pay $50 for stupid toys you can buy at Walmart....our economy is back baby!!!

#444 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

People can earn rewards and rebates and stuff on auctions, BIN are NOT the way to go basically ever.

Who would pay $50 for stupid toys you can buy at Walmart....our economy is back baby!!!

What? This isn't 1999. If you have a new/sealed retail item, like a Video Game you will almost always get more in a BIN listing.

That might not be the case for something odd, used, or where a price isn't clearly defined by the retail market but for everything else you will leave money on the table with an auction.

Besides most people on eBay shopping for new games or media want that now and they don't want to wait 5 days bidding.

#445 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

I usually use BIN and get my item sold without much problems. It really depends on the item and how confident you are in whether it'd sell at the price you want. There's certainly more risk in putting up an auction for this set since the price can fluctuate widely. If completed listings are showing consistent prices then you can go with either Fixed or auction listings I find. Of course other factors are important too such as the time the auction ends, your feedback, your location, where you ship to, etc..

The main reason BIN auctions can take some time is because it's not as visible to the buyer. Odds are it's not ending soon like regular auctions and so it's not going to get as much attention unless 1.) people look through all the auctions 2.) they filter by BIN 3.) You have the lowest (or one of the lowest) prices with shipping included.

#446 blazenumb1

blazenumb1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

I just picked up the DKR steelbook over the weekend and don't really have much interest in watching the Dark Knight Reborn commentary that came with it. If anyone wants the code send me a pm and its yours, no cost.

#447 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

What? This isn't 1999. If you have a new/sealed retail item, like a Video Game you will almost always get more in a BIN listing.

That might not be the case for something odd, used, or where a price isn't clearly defined by the retail market but for everything else you will leave money on the table with an auction.

Besides most people on eBay shopping for new games or media want that now and they don't want to wait 5 days bidding.

As a buyer who isnt a rube, I know what I am looking to pay for something and what other places are have it for and most BIN listings have basic retail prices on stuff.

I am going on ebay to save money not pay top dollar. SSJ seems like a more unique item seller, not mass amounts of brand new games. Bidding something up to $55 is better than simply starting off at the price. When I list BIN, I usually use Best Offers too. I am looking for $X but am willing to take $Y on most occasions

#448 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

While most of my eBay purchases are auction, I have had a fair amount of good deals BIN. It depends on what the person is selling and their perceived value (as shown by my recent Pokemon Advanced Battle Volume 4 for $5.99 deal).

#449 blazenumb1

blazenumb1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

Dark Knight Rises Limited Editon- back in stock at Amazon

http://www.amazon.co...limited edition

#450 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:49 PM