The Dark Knight Rises Exclusive

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#61 Grammar Police

Grammar Police

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Wasn't free shipping for me. Pretty sure it was $5.

Join Bing Rewards to earn Amazon gift cards and Microsoft points! Extremely easy to use!

Join Opinion Outpost and BS through surveys for Amazon/Paypal. Pretty easy and I'll offer advice for new users!

#62 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

For today only, Wbshop.com has free shipping store-wide

#63 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

ordered the WBshop set with free shipping, these things are going to sell out much like the special edition inception set they once sold, i was lucky enough to get one of those bad boys

#64 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

went ahead pre ordered two of these special edition sets from wbshop and used the code DEALS10 to get an additional $10 off.

#65 Grammar Police

Grammar Police

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

I reordered it with the free shipping and my tax was about $0.40 different as well. They tax the shipping? That seems stupid if they do. I've just found out that the place I work taxes the cost of whatever they send out in addition to insanely overcharging.

I called to have my first order canceled. The lady was an idiot. She actually said, "Oh, once you order an item, you can't cancel it." Apparently, you have to cancel it before you order.

Join Bing Rewards to earn Amazon gift cards and Microsoft points! Extremely easy to use!

Join Opinion Outpost and BS through surveys for Amazon/Paypal. Pretty easy and I'll offer advice for new users!

#66 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

That Best Buy steelbook is seriously making me want to actually buy the film now...

#67 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

The Target exclusive digibook is confirmed to be a single book with a lenticular cover, rather than 2 separate books

Exclusive Blu-ray Digibook Combo Pack contains Blu-ray, DVD and Ultraviolet with original 25-page comic depicting the prologue from the film plus 7 pages of filmmaker concept art. Each copy includes exclusive lenticular lens cover designed to showcase images of Batman vs. Bane when held from different angles

#68 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:23 AM

:br: The Dark Knight Rises (Müller Exclusive) DigiBook (Germany)

Posted Image

That cover looks better then the other two

#69 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

Another exclusive offer: Wbshop.com will have a gift set with 3 action figures. It comes with the regular BD/DVD combo and is Limited to 1,000

Posted Image

http://www.wbshop.co...sAscend&from=fn

are these the same toys going to be sold in stores?

#70 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

Anyone know if WB charges your card automatically or wait til shipped like Amazon?
Posted Image

#71 Grammar Police

Grammar Police

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

Anyone know if WB charges your card automatically or wait til shipped like Amazon?

I preordered it and haven't been charged yet.

#72 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

Dame it! Its either get the steelbook and complete my steelbook collection for Batman, or get the Batman Digi book which looks badass!

Edit: Do you guys think they will make a steelbook case to house all the Batman steelbooks? Kinda like how they made one for all the Harry Potter Steelbooks. I doubt it, but it would be cool.

#73 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

Dame it! Its either get the steelbook and complete my steelbook collection for Batman, or get the Batman Digi book which looks badass!

Edit: Do you guys think they will make a steelbook case to house all the Batman steelbooks? Kinda like how they made one for all the Harry Potter Steelbooks. I doubt it, but it would be cool.

That would be cool. Why dont u just get the steelbook since u have the other two. U have to match it so it looks cool on your shelf

#74 lectersvictim

lectersvictim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Call me Crazy, but I will probably buy all of the TDKR Exculsives. In for:

x2 - Dark Knight Rises Steelbook (Best Buy)
x1 - Dark Knight Rises Lenticular Dual Cover Digi-Pack (Target)
x2 - Dark Knight Rises Combo Pack with Figures (WBSHop) - Ordered $59
x1 - Dark Knight Rises BatCowl (Cheapest on Release Day)

When The Dark Knight was released I got:
x2 - FYE DVD Steelbook - $22 each after rebate
x1 - Regular Dark Knight Blu-ray Combo Pack - $20
x1 - Dark Knight Blu-ray Bat-cycle - $14 (Bestbuy)
x1 - Dark Knight Blu-ray Steelbook (Europe) - $30
x2 - Dark Knight Blu-ray Steelbook (Best Buy) - $5 each (Recently with U&S)

#75 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

Preordered the WB one. Only did it because I'm hoping it becomes rare and I can quadruple what I spend, or more.
Posted Image

#76 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

So my bank was just charged $32.05 for TDKR exclusive set. So much for WB's "shipments containing preordered items won't be charged until item ships" policy.

I just contacted them to refund my money. Hope it works out..
Posted Image

#77 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

they saw you wanted to flip it so they charged you immediately ;)
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#78 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

lol

#79 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

Lol, while I did get a good laugh out of this, surely I'm not the only one looking to cash in on it :p

I mean, I'm 23, what use would I have for 4 inch action figures when I could possibly sell it sealed one day for $150-200?
Posted Image

#80 xbox_mole

xbox_mole

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:38 AM

So my bank was just charged $32.05 for TDKR exclusive set. So much for WB's "shipments containing preordered items won't be charged until item ships" policy.

I just contacted them to refund my money. Hope it works out..

Are you sure you were actually charged? Retailers will place a hold on the funds in your account to make sure that the card is good. Those holds take time to drop off, but usually do so within 3 - 7 days depending on your bank's policy.

Just watch if you pre-order something from BestBuy that doesn't release for a few months. They will do these authorizations seemingly every week to every other week. If your account fails the authorization your order will be cancelled.

#81 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:07 AM

Are you sure you were actually charged? Retailers will place a hold on the funds in your account to make sure that the card is good. Those holds take time to drop off, but usually do so within 3 - 7 days depending on your bank's policy.

Just watch if you pre-order something from BestBuy that doesn't release for a few months. They will do these authorizations seemingly every week to every other week. If your account fails the authorization your order will be cancelled.

Good advice man! While I'm def familiar with people putting a "hold" on there temporarily, it's normally a $1 or so (from my experience). I mean I have more than enough to cover it lol, it just caught me off guard.

And oddly, I'm still not entirely sure I even want it. I just wanted to put my preorder in just in case they sell out quick.
Posted Image

#82 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

No steelbook but the WB Shop does have an edition that comes with three action figures [Batman, Catwoman, Bane (limited too 1,000)] for $29.96

http://www.wbshop.co...EWBHETDK121029B

Edit: NVM, guess I should have read back a few pages.

Edited by GBAstar, 29 October 2012 - 06:00 PM.

#83 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

Amazon.de has a Dark Knight Trilogy Steelbook Boxset

Posted Image

#84 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

Lol, while I did get a good laugh out of this, surely I'm not the only one looking to cash in on it :p

I mean, I'm 23, what use would I have for 4 inch action figures when I could possibly sell it sealed one day for $150-200?

trust me, there are some people (not naming names) that will take pride in those figures

#85 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Amazon.de has a Dark Knight Trilogy Steelbook Boxset

Posted Image

very cool, but $70...yeesh

#86 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

It works out to about $63.50US, which sounds expensive, but $20 or more for a Steelbook is often pretty typical most places. Best Buy did have Begins and TDK (different cover art) steelbooks for cheap a few months back,but that's not what you'll usually see, and currently those are selling for $19.99 and $24.99 respectively on bestbuy.com. TDK: Rises is said to be $22.99 at Best Buy when it comes out. So if you don't have any of them, it still might be worth of a look, though the book will only serve as eye candy unless you speak German lol. It would have been cool if the outer box that held all the steelbooks was made of metal and/or something unique too. Sort of like how the Harry Potter steels got a nice case to house them at Futureshop

#87 Taco5

Taco5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

Preordered the WB one. I'll probably sell the copy that comes with it online so I can pick up the steelbook or digibook.

Ditto. Just ordered mine.
What's the matter kid, don't you like clowns? Aren't we fuckin' funny?

#88 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

mrrebates has 4% cash back and their is a coupon code for $5 off $50 if you want to buy 2

#89 pk24

pk24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

The best buy steelbook exclusive link is dead. Nor did I see it on the search on the site.

#90 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:44 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c...=3594900&loc=01