The Dark Knight Rises Exclusive

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#91 pk24

pk24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

Damn, don't know how I missed it. Thanks for the link!!
I assume it's the steelbook, yes? Since the cover is the same, minus the "w/reborn" in the product title.

#92 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

Well it seems my WB exclusive set order was randomly cancelled.

I emailed WB when I saw the hold on my account, and asked them to please remove the hold and not charge me til it shipped, but it wasn't until a couple days later I realized it actually WAS a hold and not a full charge.

Apparently they cancelled the entire order instead of just emailing me telling me it was a hold.

Kinda pissed off because now that set is nowhere to be found on their site. Maybe, just maybe, it will still ship on the 4th, but I'm doubting it..because my WB account shows no order history :/
Posted Image

#93 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

Well it seems my WB exclusive set order was randomly cancelled.

I emailed WB when I saw the hold on my account, and asked them to please remove the hold and not charge me til it shipped, but it wasn't until a couple days later I realized it actually WAS a hold and not a full charge.

Apparently they cancelled the entire order instead of just emailing me telling me it was a hold.

Kinda pissed off because now that set is nowhere to be found on their site. Maybe, just maybe, it will still ship on the 4th, but I'm doubting it..because my WB account shows no order history :/

Didn't they do what you asked them to do? They removed the hold from your account by canceling your order. Why would they email you back to tell you it was a hold when you emailed them telling them to remove the hold? That would be giving you information you already had and not addressing your request.

#94 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Didn't they do what you asked them to do? They removed the hold from your account by canceling your order. Why would they email you back to tell you it was a hold when you emailed them telling them to remove the hold? That would be giving you information you already had and not addressing your request.

I was unaware it was a hold at the time...I thought it was a full charge and emailed them saying their site says "preorder items will not be charged until item ships" and to remove the charge if they messed it up. NOT cancel my order.

It was only after I emailed them that I saw somewhere else on their website that they put holds on orders for a couple of days. So I gave it no thought and figured the hold would be gone in a couple days and my order would still be active.

I mean, they shouldn't be able to just cancel the order like that. An email reply saying "Sir, we apologize for any inconvenience, but we put a temporary hold on any order using a credit/debit card for a couple business days. Your account balance should credit back the charge after 2-3 days. You will not be charged again til 12/04. Thank you for being a WB customer" would have sufficed.
Posted Image

#95 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Another exclusive offer: Wbshop.com will have a gift set with 3 action figures. It comes with the regular BD/DVD combo and is Limited to 1,000

Posted Image

http://www.wbshop.co...sAscend&from=fn

link is dead :(
so are they planning on release or did they cancel this exclusive package?

#96 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

It sold out already I believe. It was limited to 1,000 and it looks like they're all gone now

#97 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

Ordered 2 of the Best Buy steelbook, hoping at least one shows up mint since they ship in a bubble mailer. I think I got lucky with Spider-Man.

#98 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Well I just received a call from WB customer service asking me to confirm shipping info on my EXclusive Set order. Apparently it never got cancelled.

Super siked about this one. Seeing what the Inception exclusive goes for sealed now, I see this one being even rarer since 1,000 less than the Incepion were made. $$$$$$$$
Posted Image

#99 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...=3594900&loc=01

Buy now or preorder? I don't understand.

#100 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Well I just received a call from WB customer service asking me to confirm shipping info on my EXclusive Set order. Apparently it never got cancelled.

Super siked about this one. Seeing what the Inception exclusive goes for sealed now, I see this one being even rarer since 1,000 less than the Incepion were made. $$$$$$$$

The version w/ the toys? Why? The cool thing about the Inception set is it comes in the briefcase and has extra stuff.. This is just three toys

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#101 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

The version w/ the toys? Why? The cool thing about the Inception set is it comes in the briefcase and has extra stuff.. This is just three toys

Like someone said earlier, some people would probably die for these figures, as something about them looks even more detailed than the figures in-store.

Why do people buy preorder DLC for games for $25-50 on release day and such? They just do...

All it'll take is the right buyer.

Unless there is something more to these figures than meets the eye, I assume the only reason it's limited to 1,000 is because these toys go for what, $7.99 each in stores? So you're practically getting a $24 value free with a new release movie. I'm hoping there's something special about them though, ala gift boxed or something.
Posted Image

#102 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

Buy now or preorder? I don't understand.

huh? I don't understand what you don't understand lol

#103 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

There are 2 links with different content when clicked. I don't know which I'm supposed to chose. One says buy now and one says preorder.

#104 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

The one I linked to only shows a Pre-order button with a price of $29.99.

#105 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

I opened it on mobile and it has 2 buttons lol. Either way I want it!

#106 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

time to decide if I want to open my WB copy or keep it sealed to resell someday....I really shoulda gotten 2.

#107 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

I need that BBY steelbook to match my others but i'm sure its going to be around $22 or so that week. I'm afraid to preorder and end up getting screwed on the price.

#108 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

It's impossible to get screwed. Even if the price lowers all you have to do is call them up or go to a BB store and tell them the price is lower and you want to get credited. I had to do this a few months ago and they credited my cc the difference. It'd be nice if imy order was automatically adjusted but either way you're covered

#109 patcrazystar64

patcrazystar64

Human Android

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

The Dark Knight Trilogy Box Set from WB is on sale for 32.99 if anyone wants all 3 movies.

http://www.wbshop.co...e/1000346823.do

#110 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

It's $29.96 at amazon: http://www.amazon.co... knight trilogy

#111 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

I wonder if its a way to find out which Digibook Target will ship you cause I want the Bane one as a gift for a friend?

#112 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

I wonder if its a way to find out which Digibook Target will ship you cause I want the Bane one as a gift for a friend?

There's only one digibook with both Bane and Batman on it. It's a lenticular cover

#113 samusaran226

samusaran226

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

Is it possible to put down the entire cost of a movie pre-order at Best Buy? I noticed my Best Buy is now letting you pre-order the steelbook in store by putting $15 down with access to Dark Knight Reborn instantly but I wanted to use a $20 reward zone certificate I have towards the movie. Since the pre-order is only $15, can I use the $20 certificate towards the total cost (29.99?)? I can't really use it when I pick it up either since the amount left would be less than $20. I guess I can pre-order, cancel it day of and then just purchase with my certificate? Any other ways I can use my certificate with a pre-order?

#114 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

There's only one digibook with both Bane and Batman on it. It's a lenticular cover

Sweet. Did not know that. Will be picking that up.

#115 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

Thanks for the info cause my friend will enjoy this. I hope Target offers it in store since it says online only on the link.

#116 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

Is it possible to put down the entire cost of a movie pre-order at Best Buy? I noticed my Best Buy is now letting you pre-order the steelbook in store by putting $15 down with access to Dark Knight Reborn instantly but I wanted to use a $20 reward zone certificate I have towards the movie. Since the pre-order is only $15, can I use the $20 certificate towards the total cost (29.99?)? I can't really use it when I pick it up either since the amount left would be less than $20. I guess I can pre-order, cancel it day of and then just purchase with my certificate? Any other ways I can use my certificate with a pre-order?

Buy something else along with it?

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#117 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

Thanks for the info cause my friend will enjoy this. I hope Target offers it in store since it says online only on the link.

Most pre-orders say online only until release. It should definitely be in stores

#118 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

Fuck hoarders, I missed out on The Avengers Steelbook because some asshole bought 4 copies the day the steelbooks were released, because i was at work that day. I hope I am able to get this steelbook to complete my collection.

#119 mike568

mike568

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

Can't you just buy a $20 Best Buy gift card online and use the $20 reward zone certificate then use the gift card to pre-order.

#120 SoulEdgeVII

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

So the Reborn documentary isn't on a disc if you buy the Best Buy version?