The Dark Knight Rises Exclusive

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#121 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

There's only one digibook with both Bane and Batman on it. It's a lenticular cover

Has that officially been confirmed yet or just speculation based on the cover art?

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#122 lethargic

lethargic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

Has that officially been confirmed yet or just speculation based on the cover art?

Yes, it's stated clearly in the description on Target's website.

Also, I see people in this thread claiming that the "Reborn" doc that Best Buy is including is feature length. It's not, it's 35 minutes. Compared to the 18 chapter documentary on the normal BR along with the hour long batmobile doc, I don't see how that 35 minutes will add much of anything.

#123 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

Yes, it's stated clearly in the description on Target's website.

Also, I see people in this thread claiming that the "Reborn" doc that Best Buy is including is feature length. It's not, it's 35 minutes. Compared to the 18 chapter documentary on the normal BR along with the hour long batmobile doc, I don't see how that 35 minutes will add much of anything.

Previously, BBY advertised 'Reborn' as feature length (during the last U&S Promo, I believe). However, as you said, the documentary is ~35 mnutes in length. I watched it last night and, while decent, is nothing amazing. It covers each of the three films; while it has the benefit of hindsight for the first two, it appears the documentary was made prior to the third one being released. It does contain a 'deleted scene' of the Joker riding in a school bus following the explosion of Gotham General in TDK.

#124 bestkeeper14

bestkeeper14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

So i preordered the steelbook from Bestbuy a month ago, and i havent received anything for the reborn preview, any idea how i should get it?

#125 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

So i preordered the steelbook from Bestbuy a month ago, and i havent received anything for the reborn preview, any idea how i should get it?

The preview comes with specially marked Steelbook copies of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. The preview isn't working anway, as it actually gives the entire Dark Knight Rises movie as mentioned here

The entire Reborn doc will arrive with your Steelbook, either as an extra disc, or more likely a code to watch it online

#126 merkman

merkman

CA is better than DA.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

French Steelbook. Wish this was the cover art we were getting here

Posted Image

This is the one I ordered and it shipped last week. Looking forward to checking it out...
"Remember, remember, the fifth of November - the gunpowder, treason, and plot.

I see no reason the gunpowder treason should *ever* be forgot."

#127 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

It's the best looking steel I've seen so far for Rises :)

#128 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

The preview comes with specially marked Steelbook copies of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. The preview isn't working anway, as it actually gives the entire Dark Knight Rises movie as mentioned here

The entire Reborn doc will arrive with your Steelbook, either as an extra disc, or more likely a code to watch it online

I just preordered and it had me enter my email for a code for CinemaNow

CINEMANOW - DARK KNIGHT REBORN CINEMANOW DARK KNIGH
SKU: 6923516
E-mail Delivery: Usually sent to your e-mail delivery address within 15 minutes.

#129 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

I guess that clears it up that it's digital then. The upcoming ad did say you can watch 35 minutes from Reborn on CinemaNow which makes it sound like that's only part of it, but from what I've heard it's the entire thing

Did the email come already or no?

#130 GDB

GDB

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

Has anywhere (other than Best Buy with the purchase of a prior steelbook) shown any inclination towards having a discounted price on this at release like most other blurays? Basically only a week left.

#131 vanton619

vanton619

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

I preordered the Steelbook in-store today at Best Buy. I didn't redeem the Reborn doc yet because I already had it from The Dark Knight steelbook I bought a while back. I set up my CinemaNow account with my Best Buy account and when I opened the app on my PS3, it listed and let me stream The Dark Knight Rises. Is this because I preordered the movie for $15 (similar to the Prometheus) or is this just related to the glitch for Reborn streaming the whole movie on Flixster? The reborn doc isn't showing up at all, along with a handful of other UV movies I have in my account.

Is this happening with anyone else? If so, this is a good way for people to stream on the movie on their tv in "HD".

#132 bestkeeper14

bestkeeper14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

I preordered the Steelbook in-store today at Best Buy. I didn't redeem the Reborn doc yet because I already had it from The Dark Knight steelbook I bought a while back. I set up my CinemaNow account with my Best Buy account and when I opened the app on my PS3, it listed and let me stream The Dark Knight Rises. Is this because I preordered the movie for $15 (similar to the Prometheus) or is this just related to the glitch for Reborn streaming the whole movie on Flixster? The reborn doc isn't showing up at all, along with a handful of other UV movies I have in my account.

Is this happening with anyone else? If so, this is a good way for people to stream on the movie on their tv in "HD".

If you don't use your code could I have it? My preorder from BBC never sent me one? :-)

#133 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

I guess that clears it up that it's digital then. The upcoming ad did say you can watch 35 minutes from Reborn on CinemaNow which makes it sound like that's only part of it, but from what I've heard it's the entire thing

Did the email come already or no?

I haven't gotten the email yet.

#134 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

Has anywhere (other than Best Buy with the purchase of a prior steelbook) shown any inclination towards having a discounted price on this at release like most other blurays? Basically only a week left.

amazon has it for 24.99

also the cover they show is similar to the french one.

i dont know if amazon has any bonuses or not though does anyone know??

#135 a123slonky

a123slonky

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Has anyone that received the code for CinemaNow been able to view Reborn? I have tried to watch it through their Rovio player, on my ipad and iphone. through Flixter and on the PS3 app, no go and CinemaNow support has not helped. The only thing that I can think is that the movie is not yet active on their site.

#136 samusaran226

samusaran226

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Can't you just buy a $20 Best Buy gift card online and use the $20 reward zone certificate then use the gift card to pre-order.

Can you really use reward zone points on gift cards? If that works I would gladly do this.

#137 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Been a week or so since it's been discussed. Has anyone found those $5 off stickers on the BB/TDK steelbooks at BB? I haven't checked my BB since last week and they didn't have any stickers (movie cash nor DKR coupon) on the new shipment.

#138 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Can you really use reward zone points on gift cards? If that works I would gladly do this.

Not usually. Gift cards have to be purchased with cash or credit. I tried to use a gift card to buy a Starbucks gift card and wasn't able to.

#139 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Reward zone points are treated like cash, so yes, you can buy gift cards with them.

It looks like I'll go with BB's edition, since I want Reborn.

#140 samusaran226

samusaran226

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Reward zone points are treated like cash, so yes, you can buy gift cards with them.

It looks like I'll go with BB's edition, since I want Reborn.

In store only? Tried to buy a $20 gift card online with my $20 RZ certificate and it was a no-go.

Edited by samusaran226, 27 November 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#141 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

So how do you preorder the steelbook at BB? I stopped by mine today and they had no clue what i was talking about and thought that i was talking about the TDK sb. Showed them the one listed on the website and they said to show up next Tues to pick it up and that they didnt accept preorders on it...

#142 tyron3biggum5

tyron3biggum5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

So how do you preorder the steelbook at BB? I stopped by mine today and they had no clue what i was talking about and thought that i was talking about the TDK sb. Showed them the one listed on the website and they said to show up next Tues to pick it up and that they didnt accept preorders on it...

Everyone @ my BB was clueless too, they sent me back to the game pre-order kiosk, which was not helpful. There's this CinemaNow display where they have CinemaNow gift cards. On the side of that there was a display with the pre-order cards that you can take to the checkout. The pre-order costs $14.99.

#143 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

Everyone @ my BB was clueless too, they sent me back to the game pre-order kiosk, which was not helpful. There's this CinemaNow display where they have CinemaNow gift cards. On the side of that there was a display with the pre-order cards that you can take to the checkout. The pre-order costs $14.99.

Ah ok thanks. Guess i gotta make another trip there sometime before next Tues :roll:

Wish they would have made it like all the other preorders and have it on of the front displays.

#144 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

You won't really need to pre-order this. It's supposed to be as abundant as the Spiderman Steel and the other two batman's. We're talking close to 100 for most stores according to BB reps

Formerly known as slickkill77

#145 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

Are spidey steelbooks suppose to be common? I had to do instore pickup just to get mine and i havent seen any of my local bb's have em in stock since release day.

#146 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

Are spidey steelbooks suppose to be common? I had to do instore pickup just to get mine and i havent seen any of my local bb's have em in stock since release day.

I haven't seen them either, I may just preorder the steelbook online, but theres no in store pickup yet. And don't trust a bubble mailer....

#147 lethargic

lethargic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

Ah ok thanks. Guess i gotta make another trip there sometime before next Tues :roll:

Wish they would have made it like all the other preorders and have it on of the front displays.

The display at my store with the pre-order slips was in the video game section. So good luck finding it. It's like a Easter Egg hunt.

#148 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

Mine was at the front entrance door outside of the store at Burbank. What's next, near the restroom. LOL

#149 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

I haven't seen them either, I may just preorder the steelbook online, but theres no in store pickup yet. And don't trust a bubble mailer....

My store is a low volume store and they still have a bunch of spiderman steelbooks; doesn't help that they are like $34.99 though

#150 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

My store is a low volume store and they still have a bunch of spiderman steelbooks; doesn't help that they are like $34.99 though

Makes sense. Does anyone know when they usually start in store pickup for preorders? Is it midnight of release?