The Dark Knight Rises Exclusive

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Amazon
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition (#/35,000)

Amazon.de (Germany)
The Dark Knight SteelBook - EUR 28,99
51aGmcTWBUL._AA300_.jpg

The Dark Knight Trilogy SteelBook - EUR 54,99
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition

Best Buy
The Dark Knight SteelBook with Reborn - $34.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy - $44.99
The Dark Knight Bat Cowl Limited Edition

Costco
None (Already check-in)

HMV (UK)
The Dark Knight SteelBook - TBA
DKRBLUPRE.JPG

Play.com (UK)
The Christopher Nolan Collection Boxset - £49.99
36871329_500x500_2.jpg

Target
The Dark Knight DigiBook (3D Lenticular) - $24.99 sale (was $31.99)
14199527_Alt01_120928163000.jpg

14199527_120928163000.jpg

The Dark Knight Rises Bat Cowl Limited Edition - $34.99 Online

WalMart
The Dark Knight Rises 2-Disc DVD
The Dark Knight Rises Bat Cowl Limited Edition - $24.96 Online and In-Store (Limited)

Last edited by a moderator:
oh hell yeah. i'll take the best buy steelbook to go with my two batman steelbooks from july. i wonder what "reborn" is though. i'm assuming that it is the feature-length documentary that was supposedly in development. $35 is rather steep for a single movie, though. especially considering we just got the avengers steelbook + 3d/blu/dvd combo for $20 and cinderella steelbox + plushie + blu/dvd combo for $22.99

ah, cool. yeah, i was just looking it up. hopefully it will be good since nolan releases have been pretty spartan when it comes to extras.

This release is going to do some damage to my wallet. So many different versions I want. Ughhhh

Awesome thread, btw. Thanks!

It's a toss-up between the Bane digibook and the BB Steelbook. I'm into digibooks as much as Steelbooks, if not more, but the BB one comes with the Reborn doc which is swaying me towards that. I guess release day [price will also be a factor

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']looks like ill be picking this up at bestbuy.

has the back and inside of the steelbook been revealed yet by chance?[/QUOTE]

Has the front even been revealed yet?

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's a toss-up between the Bane digibook and the BB Steelbook. I'm into digibooks as much as Steelbooks, if not more, but the BB one comes with the Reborn doc which is swaying me towards that. I guess release day [price will also be a factor[/QUOTE]

This. I'm also leaning toward BB because I have steelbooks for the first two movies.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Has the front even been revealed yet?[/QUOTE]

No but its either going to look like the HMV/ Amazon.de one or it'll look like the normal blu ray cover which is what I think it'll end up looking like. That would fit in with the other two more than the broken batman head piece in the rain. I like the rain one more personally

looks like i'll be getting another steelbook when this comes out. Walmart has the broken cowl edition or whatever they call it. I'll prob just end up with the steelbook.

[quote name='Javery']I imagine they will be releasing a trilogy set so I think I'm going to wait for that...[/QUOTE]

They are. A trilogy set, then next year an ultimate trilogy set. Amazon.de is releasing a trilogy steelbook.

There's some speculation that the digibook is actually one in the same. It will have both covers and is a lenticular cover. It makes sense since the link goes to the same page.

That Amazon exclusive looks nice. I don't usually go for these things but the version that comes with the destroyed Batman mask is really tempting me. I know it's just another piece of plastic (or maybe metal?) that will end up collecting dust but right now it looks pretty awesome lol. If the price is right I may go for it, otherwise I'll just pick up the standard Blu-Ray nothing fancy since I own the other two so no trilogy needed and no steelbook since my others are not that way.

Going to have to get the Best Buy version, so I can get the Batman Rises bonus disc. Hopefully no one else has a bonus disc.

Well, I have the other two Steelbooks form BBY, so theirs is the one I *should* get since I am also interested in the documentary disk. I say *should* because that Bane cover digibook is really freakin' sweet. Decisions decisions...

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']looks like ill be picking this up at bestbuy.

has the back and inside of the steelbook been revealed yet by chance?[/QUOTE]
haven't found it yet. hopefully, it is revealed soon.
[quote name='ssjmichael']Has the front even been revealed yet?[/QUOTE]
the best buy version is the shattered cowl like hmv and amazon germany. bestbuy.com finally added the pic to their product description (SKU: 6917039)
http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-1312731-10597222?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2FPreOrder%2B-%2BDARK%2BKNIGHT%2BRISES%2BSTEELBOOK%2BW%2F%2BREBORN%2F6917039.p%3Fid%3D1218812977228%26skuId%3D6917039
6917039_sb.jpg

Looks like it is the standard "3-disc" blu/dvd/ultraviolet combo. Don't know about Reborn. Wish it would come on a fourth blu ray like the Target-exclusive Avengers doc but I kinda doubt it from the pic.

The doc should in HD so if it does come on a disc, it'll probably be a Blu-ray. It'll probably just come in an extra sleeve like the bonus Avengers disc from Target. My only fear is that its going to be digital. I believe the Sneak Peek for Reborn that came with the Batman Begins/TDK steelbooks were done through Ultraviolet. I hope that's not the case here though

Choices choices hmm. I might end up getting the target digibook and get the UCE next year. I only have the regular batman begins and dark knight with slip. Might as well finish that collection mixed up. :)

I reallly like the best buy steelbook and bonus disk, but I also like the Target digibook. Going to have to talk myself into one, but I'll probably get both.

Didnt get the BB steels for the first two since they were fairly cheap steelies, most likely going with the target bane digibook.

Torn between the digibook and the steelbook to match my other Batman movies... damn you both for having tempting choices!

[quote name='lunasicc']I assume the prices at BBY aren't really final and should drop as we get closer to release, correct?[/QUOTE]

It's going to be $22.99. Someone posted a press release on blu-ray.com

Oh God the choices. i seriously dont know which one i want.

where to get this movie that i want on day 1 to watch with subtitles as i couldnt understand more than 10 words Bane said in the entire movie.

[quote name='slickkill77']It's going to be $22.99. Someone posted a press release on blu-ray.com[/QUOTE]

That was the price stated in a Warner survey I took as well. I remember the Target digibook was a little more. Maybe $24.99

bread's done
Back