• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

Play and Charge Kit

These are new, OEM, batteries and cords. I shamelessly ripped this off another deal site where the deals are slick (I am not sure if I can directly mention them).

I was about to buy some used one on AWD but these are cheaper and include the charging cord!

From the sounds of it, they are legit and also have a page on Amazon.
Example of GeniusMods product listed on Amazon

Enjoy!

#2 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

But are they Microsoft brand, that is the question

#3 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

Maybe you don't know what OEM is supposed to mean, but these look generic, not OEM. Even the OEM have problems keeping a charge, so I wouldn't have any hope for a generic.

#4 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:21 AM

They are suppose to be from the Official Microsoft Play and Charge controller packs. These guys mod those controllers and have no need for the Batteries and cords.

#5 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

Well I bought two of them. Will report when I receive them.

#6 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

I want to buy these but I already have to get some rechargable AA batteries to use on my tritton headset, so I don't know...

#7 kamakazi5

kamakazi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

Ordered two just in case one goes out. Thanks.
My games/what I'm playing - www.backloggery.com/kamakazi5

#8 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

Looked over the site quickly, didn't see that they accept paypal, otherwise id bite. Using a wireless remote on my PC and goin through a lot of AA's

#9 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

Just ordered myself one. Figured $5 is cheap enough even if it turns out not to be OEM.
Posted Image

#10 Glasscocked

Glasscocked

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

I just buy rechargeable batteries for my controllers. If you open those battery packs up that is all that is in them, generic rechargeable batteries. Just spend some money on energizer and duracell name brands and you are better off.

#11 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

I just buy rechargeable batteries for my controllers. If you open those battery packs up that is all that is in them, generic rechargeable batteries. Just spend some money on energizer and duracell name brands and you are better off.

^This. Make sure when you buy rechargeable AAs that they are "pre-charged" NIMH batteries, and not just regular ones; the pre-charged versions hold their charge a LOT longer and are much more reliable. I use Duracell and Sanyo Eneloops, both types have been great.

#12 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

Looked over the site quickly, didn't see that they accept paypal, otherwise id bite. Using a wireless remote on my PC and goin through a lot of AA's

Just letting you know that you can't use a P&C kit to use a wireless controller on a PC. It's only built to hold a charge, not to connect for gameplay.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#13 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

No SSL at checkout kills this deal for me. The place looks shady and the lack of SSL while entering personal information and credit card data seals it. Good luck to those who get in on this deal. :)

#14 Manifest95

Manifest95

Every Dollar Counts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

I actually need one of these. Been playing with a mini wired controller since I hate playing and have the batteries die on me in middle of a match, but rather have a full size controller in my hands (don't ask why I have a mini controller, long story about a horrible return policy). Might wait until someone reports back on their purchase before I bite though.
Posted Image

#15 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

Thanks -- got 2

#16 EdgeZephyr

EdgeZephyr

Gear Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Just letting you know that you can't use a P&C kit to use a wireless controller on a PC. It's only built to hold a charge, not to connect for gameplay.

I think he was moreso specifying "I go through a lot of AAs due to using my 360 controller on my PC" =P

I'd prefer MS Brand, but that's not the deal breaker. The problem here is that they apparently don't accept paypal. For a site I've never heard of, I would strongly prefer to have paypal covering me in case they did turn out to not fulfill the order or the like. Hell, jshackles put it best:

No SSL at checkout kills this deal for me. The place looks shady and the lack of SSL while entering personal information and credit card data seals it.

Thanks for posting anyway OP. Good deal, but a site i've never heard of that doesn't support paypal or SSL in their checkout makes this a pass for me.

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#17 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Grabbed 2 with a back up card so I can watch for any craziness. Wish they took Paypal or Amazon payments though.
-Michael

Posted Image

#18 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

No SSL at checkout kills this deal for me. The place looks shady and the lack of SSL while entering personal information and credit card data seals it. Good luck to those who get in on this deal. :)

What is SSL?

#19 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

What is SSL?

Same-Sex Lovers

#20 ShirtSizeXXXLXT

ShirtSizeXXXLXT

Fluffernutter 4LIFE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

What is SSL?

SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral. SSL is an industry standard and is used by millions of websites in the protection of their online transactions with their customers.

ShirtSizeXXXLXT.jpg

If you have a Gameboy Micro for sale, I would like to buy it from you!

#21 TartacustheGr8

TartacustheGr8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:01 AM

Bought two, see what happens. For 10 bucks, why not?

#22 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

Bought two, see what happens. For 10 bucks, why not?

That $10 could turn into $110 if people are right about the SSL

#23 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

According to this website it says "Genius Mods" is 79% safe and that the company is based in the US but that other countries are involved. Now I don't know what this means but if someone can look over the info and determine what this means, I would greatly appreciate it.

http://www.scamadvis.../geniusmods.com

#24 Gep88

Gep88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

Ordered. Will wait and see.

#25 Minkyboi

Minkyboi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

Hmm...I just recently got a giftcard that I might just use this on

edit: just used it on 2 haha

#26 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

Gonna try and call them tomorrow and see if I can pay over the phone rather than online, after doing some research, a site with no SSL is just too sketchy

#27 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

According to slickdeals the people who received them said they were OEM.

#28 alamak

alamak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

Gonna try and call them tomorrow and see if I can pay over the phone rather than online, after doing some research, a site with no SSL is just too sketchy

So if you think they're responsible for a sketchy website, why do you feel safer giving them your cc# over the phone? That's a riskier practice even under normal circumstances. You want to avoid human eyes (or ears) getting your info as much as possible.

#29 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

According to slickdeals the people who received them said they were OEM.

Someone mentioned it here or on SD that the company bought a bunch of silver controllers w/ play & charge kits and they modified the controllers to sell but they have no use for the play & charge kits (they're also selling them on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/261079209727 but for $9 each) -- it would probably be better for them if they just threw in the charging kits with their modded controllers, but I don't mind since it works out better for us CAGs lol

I bought 2 yesterday from their website and they shipped them out within an hour by priority mail so it'll be here tomorrow

#30 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

If you look at the bottom of their site, they have the GoDaddy Verified Secure Site seal for SSL and they have an Authorize.net merchant seal for payment processing

Whoever made their site is probably new -- their main site doesn't have SSL so most likely their payment processing part is done by SSL

I'm not too worried since I paid with a CC -- if theres any unauthorized activity in the future I'll dispute the charges and have Discover give me a new CC