Play and Charge Kit for XBOX 360 - New - $4.99 FS

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

Could use this but I'm not ordering from there - they should sell this on Amazon if they have a storefront there.

#32 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

Looked tempting, but thanks for the heads up about the SSL. I'll pass.

#33 wankerjr

wankerjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

Ordered 2 kits. We'll see how this turns out.

#34 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

The website link just turned into some random url-sitting page like they pulled the site. Seems kind of shady to me.

#35 Minkyboi

Minkyboi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Someone mentioned it here or on SD that the company bought a bunch of silver controllers w/ play & charge kits and they modified the controllers to sell but they have no use for the play & charge kits (they're also selling them on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/261079209727 but for $9 each) -- it would probably be better for them if they just threw in the charging kits with their modded controllers, but I don't mind since it works out better for us CAGs lol

I bought 2 yesterday from their website and they shipped them out within an hour by priority mail so it'll be here tomorrow

The ones on ebay are now 5.99 plus shipping.

When I ordered from their website I got free shipping and no tax so the total for 2 was only $10. If these are for the OEM ones than this was a steal. :applause:

#36 bootz

bootz

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Play and Charge Kit

These are new, OEM, batteries and cords. I shamelessly ripped this off another deal site where the deals are slick (I am not sure if I can directly mention them).

I was about to buy some used one on AWD but these are cheaper and include the charging cord!

From the sounds of it, they are legit and also have a page on Amazon.
Example of GeniusMods product listed on Amazon

Enjoy!

Not very honest calling them "New". Pulling an item from a bundle and shipping it in non-retail packaging is not my definition as "New". Certainly will carry no warranty with Microsoft.

#37 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

So if you think they're responsible for a sketchy website, why do you feel safer giving them your cc# over the phone? That's a riskier practice even under normal circumstances. You want to avoid human eyes (or ears) getting your info as much as possible.

Lol if there's no SSL it means anybody that doesn't work for genius mods could steal my personal info. I'm not worried about genius mod themselves taking my info.

Read this, maybe you'll understand more about what SSL is for.

http://www.sslshoppe...my-website.html

#38 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

The website link just turned into some random url-sitting page like they pulled the site. Seems kind of shady to me.

Wtf? I just noticed that too. Seems like the people at genius mods made this thread and are the ones on here saying its safe

#39 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

I take that back, I just called them and they said they were securing their servers or something like that and they would have the site back up in an hour. I just ordered a couple over the phone so I'm not worried about any of my info being intercepted by some random Internet troll

#40 wyatt8

wyatt8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

People, this is too sketchy to take a chance on. I checked out at Zavvi.com with an insecure shopping cart in March and my bank didn't call me until April to tell me about the $8000 in transactions that had been charged in the UK.

Plus, open box sold as new? I mean, Gamestop can get away with it but on the internet these could just be official looking Play N Charge kits that are actually bootleg.
Get hundreds of used classic video games at http://www.warpzonevideogames.com - Great Prices! Great Selection!

#41 Turbojugend

Turbojugend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Gonna try and call them tomorrow and see if I can pay over the phone rather than online, after doing some research, a site with no SSL is just too sketchy

I wouldn't be surprised they're entering your over-the-phone info into the same exact site you're trying to avoid. I've been told this is common practice when it comes to phone sales by several customer service reps.

#42 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Better off with Sanyo Eneloops. I bought them from a recommendation on here over a year and a half ago and my 4 AA's that I swap out have held up nicely under heavy use.

#43 alamak

alamak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Lol if there's no SSL it means anybody that doesn't work for genius mods could steal my personal info. I'm not worried about genius mod themselves taking my info.

Read this, maybe you'll understand more about what SSL is for.

http://www.sslshoppe...my-website.html

I never displayed any confusion over what SSL is. You're the one that didn't know what it was at the beginning of the thread, and now you're an expert on it LOL. The fact that they don't run a secure website shows exactly how concerned they are about protecting people's financial info, which is zero. So yeah, they'd be among the last people I would read my credit card number to. Good luck.

I wouldn't be surprised they're entering your over-the-phone info into the same exact site you're trying to avoid. I've been told this is common practice when it comes to phone sales by several customer service reps.

Sounds about right.

Edited by alamak, 03 October 2012 - 10:40 PM.

#44 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:23 AM

I take that back, I just called them and they said they were securing their servers or something like that and they would have the site back up in an hour. I just ordered a couple over the phone so I'm not worried about any of my info being intercepted by some random Internet troll

An hour, huh? Just checked, no sign of the site. Keep an eye on your accounts, people.
Posted Image

#45 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:49 AM

An hour, huh? Just checked, no sign of the site. Keep an eye on your accounts, people.

They may have said one day, I'm not sure but it does say the site is under construction now rather than just go to a sitting URL site or whatever it's called

#46 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

These guys are legit. My stuff already shipped and should be here tomorrow. Here is their twitter which explains them being down. https://mobile.twitter.com/GeniusMods

#47 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Got both of mine today -- definitely OEM and looks new

They put each kit in a zip lock bag and then both kits inside of a bubble wrap and mailed it out in a USPS priority mail envelope

Not bad for $10 :D

#48 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

Got both of mine today -- definitely OEM and looks new

They put each kit in a zip lock bag and then both kits inside of a bubble wrap and mailed it out in a USPS priority mail envelope

Not bad for $10 :D

Nice, when did you order yours?

#49 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

Nice, when did you order yours?

Tuesday

#50 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

Got mine in the mail today as well. No complaints.
Posted Image

#51 thrifty

thrifty

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

Mine arrived also. Ziploc and bubble wrap.. Very nice! no complaints.

#52 Nesmaster75

Nesmaster75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

Not that it really matters, but for the people who already received theirs, are they official play and charge kits of curiosity?
Posted Image

The O.C Re-runs on Soapnet
Remember The Black Donnellys? How about Saved?

#53 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

Not that it really matters, but for the people who already received theirs, are they official play and charge kits of curiosity?

Yeah JaTaN said they were OEM

#54 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

Yup, it's the actual Microsoft one.
Posted Image

#55 Nesmaster75

Nesmaster75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

Yeah JaTaN said they were OEM

Yup, it's the actual Microsoft one.

Thanks, guys! I didn't catch that post from JaTaN (despite it being on this page...), but that's awesome! Finally happy to ditch the AA batteries!
Posted Image

The O.C Re-runs on Soapnet
Remember The Black Donnellys? How about Saved?

#56 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:31 AM

Thanks, guys! I didn't catch that post from JaTaN (despite it being on this page...), but that's awesome! Finally happy to ditch the AA batteries!

Yep -- it was mentioned earlier in the thread that they bought a bunch of silver controllers w/ p&c kits -- they kept the controllers to mod but they dont care about the p&c kits so they're getting rid of them for cheap

#57 TartacustheGr8

TartacustheGr8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

i ordered mine wednesday i believe and still haven't gotten mine...hmmm

#58 henhowc

henhowc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

Looks like the site has been updated and appears to use SSL when you are checking out. Price has jumped to $10 though.

#59 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:29 AM

It's weird, I ordered one the day after I ordered my first one and I already recieved my first kit but I just got an email saying the second one has just been shipped.

#60 Minkyboi

Minkyboi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

For those of you who got them already, what day did you purchase or what was your shipping date? I ordered mine on the 3rd and just waiting for the mailman lol