free Thai Cashew Chicken @ Panda Express on 10/3/2012

[quote name='Josh1billion']Damn, I love Panda Express, but the only one near me closed a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

It's a shame you have no idea what Chinese food is supposed to taste like... This is, literally, one of the worst restaurants I've ever eaten at in my life. My wife, son and I ate there. Literally, everything all three of us ordered was horrible. And I don't mean bad. I mean godawful, puke in your mouth, rather eat at McDonald's horrible. My son, yet again literally, puked 4 times in the restaurant, once in the parking lot, twice more on the way home, and, if I recall correctly, several more times once we were home. The really sad thing is: I don't think it was food poisoning. I think it was just that bad. Normally, I would say at least thanks for the OP's sentiment but getting people to eat at this shithole, even for free, is detrimental to mankind. If I've ever eaten anywhere worse, I honestly don't remember it.

Panda Express isn't vomit-inducing, but they do make their food ahead of time and let it sit forever and that's not a good thing. I've eaten there once with my Asian girlfriend. The chicken was mostly gristle and all of the spices tasted the same, so we decided to never go back. Sarku Japan was a little better, but still nothing special. Just do yourself a favor and eat at a restaurant instead of a food court.

Aside from the shitty customer service, our Panda Express is pretty nice. We very rarely have any issues with the food. Sure, it doesn't taste like authentic Chinese food, but it doesn't have to.

[quote name='mietha']it's a shame you have no idea what chinese food is supposed to taste like...[/quote]

[quote name='blade']i've eaten there once with my asian girlfriend.[/quote]

the experts have spoken

I love Panda Express. I'd eat 3x a week if there was one close enough. I'll agree that the food court one closest to me is the worst, but the stand alone restaurants are usually great. Take a look at the food before ordering. If what you see looks old, order something else.

MjC

I agree this isn't a place you should go to if you want authentic chinese food, but if you order something that looks like it gets changed out regularly (you can tell by looking usually) then the food is good. The mushroom chicken and orange chicken are usually what I order, I know the orange chicken is changed out more often than anything else. I also think the stand alone restaurants are much better than the food court ones. We have two stand alone restaurants here, one definitely has better service and food than the other, so I think the quality depends on the location. Maybe I'm just lucky and have one that actually tries with their food.

[quote name='KanYozakura']the experts have spoken[/QUOTE]

She lived in a cement house with 15 other people in the Philippines until she was 16. Then her family moved over here. They had pots instead of toilets and sometimes ate lizards. Imagine my expression when she only ate the rice at our food court PE. :shock:

Why would you want to order Thai food from a Fast Food Chinese place? Even for free... I'd be scared. My Thai girlfriend would never allow me to do such a thing in the first place! ;)

[quote name='KanYozakura']the experts have spoken[/QUOTE]

Panda Express is not Chinese food. I stayed at a Holiday Express once.

I've only been to stand-alone Panda Expresses. They've all been pretty good. The one nearest us has fresh food, and more often than not, someone's waiting for the cooks to make something. It is a high traffic area though.

i treid the thai cashew chicken and it was good, prob wouldnt get it again. orange chicken is way better. i also tried the beijing beef and it was awesome. def will get that one again.

[quote name='mietha']It's a shame you have no idea what Chinese food is supposed to taste like... This is, literally, one of the worst restaurants I've ever eaten at in my life. My wife, son and I ate there. Literally, everything all three of us ordered was horrible. And I don't mean bad. I mean godawful, puke in your mouth, rather eat at McDonald's horrible. My son, yet again literally, puked 4 times in the restaurant, once in the parking lot, twice more on the way home, and, if I recall correctly, several more times once we were home. The really sad thing is: I don't think it was food poisoning. I think it was just that bad. Normally, I would say at least thanks for the OP's sentiment but getting people to eat at this shithole, even for free, is detrimental to mankind. If I've ever eaten anywhere worse, I honestly don't remember it.[/QUOTE]
So just because you don't like Panda Express, I don't know what Chinese food is supposed to taste like? :roll: Have you considered that perhaps chain restaurants can vary in quality from location to location? No, really-- that can actually happen! The Panda Express near you might be worse in quality than the Panda Express near me. Mind-blowing, I know!

But since you made it into a personal attack against me, supposing that I don't know "what Chinese food is supposed to taste like".. yes, I do. If you're speaking about the American variety of Chinese food (which, you might be surprised to know, is nothing like "what Chinese food is supposed to taste like"), I've visited many. If you're speaking about Chinese food that's actually meant to be reminiscent of real Chinese food (which I doubt you are), know that I lived in NYC summer of last year, five blocks away from Brooklyn's Chinatown, and so yes, I have eaten Chinese food as it's "supposed to taste like."

I just went and GOT MINE. I'm somewhat of a Panda fan (Kung Pao FTW) but this was literally the worst thing I've had on the menu, Chicken McNuggets in a bed of steamed lawn grass is one way I would describe it.

The thought of printing out a bunch of coupons and handing them to the hobos near the freeway overpass did occur, but I'm afraid they'll find out where I work and get their revenge.

Guys I went today and used the coupon, right around 1:20-ish belive it or not there was a line of 4-5 people with the coupons on their hands! It wasn't that good tasting, too many peanuts, for free, I guess it was worth the hassle of waiting!

bread's done
Back