(DEAD) Wal-Mart - LotR Theatrical Trilogy Blu-Ray w/ $10 Hobbit Cash - $13

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 bfett9

bfett9

Stop Looking at Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

OP please change title to DEAD it is very misleading and keeps getting me excited every time I see it.
Posted Image

#32 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Mine's shipped as well.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#33 mer71

mer71

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Mine shipped too. I forgot about this.

mer71.jpg

#34 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Mine shipped as well.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#35 MrDubbs

MrDubbs

The Luck Of The Irish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Wish I had seen this before :(

#36 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

You're right, I'll change the title to reflect the dead status of this.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#37 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

Got shipping confirmation also. Wished it was indeed $10 HMM. Already have alot of higher value HMM to use till end of jan vs $5 end of dec. Oh well, $13 or $8 boxset whichever way looking at it.

#38 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

I don't remember if it had The Hobbit movie money part, but the 3-BD Theatrical Trilogy was in the $9 cardboard display next to the Gremlins/Gremlins2/Goonies BD Triple pack I bought last weekend.

There's a small chance it might still be available B&M, but it's probably only worth checking if you're already in the store for something else.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#39 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

LoL, like how there are SOoooo many packagings and we try to "build" our own ultimate complete editions on the cheap.

Extended Editions w/o green tint
9 disc DVD Special features
Valid Digital Copies
$5 Hobbit Movie Money

#40 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

Can the Hobbit movie money be used for any movie like Movie Cash?

#41 GDB

GDB

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

LoL, like how there are SOoooo many packagings and we try to "build" our own ultimate complete editions on the cheap.

Extended Editions w/o green tint
9 disc DVD Special features
Valid Digital Copies
$5 Hobbit Movie Money

Are you referring to the DVD extended editions, or is there a new Bluray version without green tint?

#42 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

There isn't an extended BD without green tint.

#43 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Just got mine.

The good - the price. You can't beat $3.33/each, even if they are the theatrical versions. Comes with lenticular slipcover, which was unexpected.

The bad - one of my slipcovers was badly damaged in shipping. The other, thankfully, is okay.

The ugly - the movie cash is the "up to $5 off" type. Lame. I was hoping it was a voucher for a free ticket.

/edit don't get all up in arms just yet about the amount of movie cash, I only saw it briefly when checking the shipment, but I'm 99% sure it said up to $5 off. I feel like this is false advertising.

Edited by Scorch, 03 December 2012 - 08:39 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#44 MICHAE2414

MICHAE2414

We'll get there soon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Got my shipping confirmation for this, too, should be here Wednesday. And I was hoping the movie cash would be a free ticket sort of deal (the listing does say "$10 Hobbit Cash" which covers at least a matinee showing here in CA Bay Area), but only $5 off is disappointing.
Posted Image

#45 0_0

0_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

I received my copy today and I can confirm it's only $5 off. :(

#46 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

Sucks this comes with only $5, everything I found at time of post said $10. Still $13 for 3 movies and $5 off isn't bad at all.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#47 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Picked this up instore yesterday at $9 without the hobbit $$$

#48 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

Waiting for mine still in CA.

https://www.activate...s.com/thehobbit
Also HMM expires 12-30. So little and short period....like DKR.

#49 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

Hrm... Just got mine, and haven't been following the recent updates in this thread, so the $5 off instead of $10 off thing came as an unpleasant surprise. Debating returning it now because I already have the extended edition box and don't really feel the need to own the theatrical edition. Anyone know if there are any special features on this set that aren't on the extended version?

I'm pretty sure the Walmart.com page actually said it was $10, didn't it? Of course that'll be hard to prove unless anyone took a screen capture, and I don't know what they'd do about it anyway...

#50 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

I just got mine and a bunch of the inside plastic had shattered. The center piece that holds the discs in place and all around the outside edge. So, I was VERY disappointed. First $5 less HMM and then it's broken. I'll be taking it back. It was sealed so I assume FedEx busted it up...

#51 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

Just got mine as well. The slipcover was a nice surprise, but the $5 movie money is a bummer. Oh well, I'll deal with it.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#52 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

I got mine as well...the slipcover on all five were damaged. One was in decent shape. Some were ripped...Really displeased with the quality control.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#53 StilesCrisis

StilesCrisis

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Picked this up instore yesterday at $9 without the hobbit $$$

Is it on the web page at that price? Couldn't find it and would totally be in (don't care about movie cash).

#54 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

I am returning 2 back to the store and keeping three, two for friends. They gave me a $9 ($3 each) refund on the 3 I am keeping and a full refund on the 2 I am returning. May be worth calling them to get a partial refund.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#55 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

One thing that I'm wondering with returns, checked their return policy on the website and didn't see and answer... Will they refund the shipping fee? If not, I'm not sure it's even worth the effort of going to the store, since it's a little out of my way to do so...

#56 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

Is it on the web page at that price? Couldn't find it and would totally be in (don't care about movie cash).

Mine didn't look like the packaging in the OP

It looked like this and was $9

http://i.ebayimg.com...t_id=8800005007

#57 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:26 AM

I am returning 2 back to the store and keeping three, two for friends. They gave me a $9 ($3 each) refund on the 3 I am keeping and a full refund on the 2 I am returning. May be worth calling them to get a partial refund.

I tried to take it in to my store and swap it out for a new copy but they didn't even have it in stock. But the girl at the counter said they would be getting some in on saturday.

Mine didn't look like the packaging in the OP

It looked like this and was $9

http://i.ebayimg.com...t_id=8800005007

Yeah, that's not the same version. Those are just the movies without any of the special features dvds. Not a huge issue since most of us already have those same special features dvds with, surprise surprise, our dvd copies.

Walmart link: http://www.walmart.c...screen/21805544

#58 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

One thing that I'm wondering with returns, checked their return policy on the website and didn't see and answer... Will they refund the shipping fee? If not, I'm not sure it's even worth the effort of going to the store, since it's a little out of my way to do so...

Here is what happened with me when I called. They said to return in store, the Order has something called "Easy Returns Receipt". Click on that and bring it with the items to the store.

On the bottom of that Easy Returns Receipt this is listed "*In some cases, shipping costs may not be refundable."

I asked them on the phone if I would get the shipping back because I am returning them due to damage, not because I did not want them. They told me the store should do that because it is a valid reason for the return, but if the store does decide not to, just call Wal-Mart and they will issue the shipping refund themselves.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#59 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

Finally got my set today. Love the packaging, and how small it is. The Hoibbit movie money sticker was a bitch to come off though and I almost destroy the code peeling it off, but I was able to get it off and clean up the residue so I'm happy now

tip: If you ever have sticky residue on something like this one thing you can due is get a pece of tape and keep applying it and lifting it off the residue. The residue will stick to the tape and it'll eventually all come off. A nice alternative if you don't have goo gone, or other stuff to apply to it.

#60 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

Finally got my set today. Love the packaging, and how small it is. The Hoibbit movie money sticker was a bitch to come off though and I almost destroy the code peeling it off, but I was able to get it off and clean up the residue so I'm happy now

tip: If you ever have sticky residue on something like this one thing you can due is get a pece of tape and keep applying it and lifting it off the residue. The residue will stick to the tape and it'll eventually all come off. A nice alternative if you don't have goo gone, or other stuff to apply to it.

Just received mine. The first outer box/slip (with the hobbit money sticker) is kind of beat up on one side because Walmart shipped mine in a loose package with no padding. Can I just take my receipt and packing slip with the boxed set to a local Walmart and get it exchanged for another boxed set?

I took the hobbit sticker off before I noticed the damage but since B&M Walmarts are sold out of the hobbit stickered ones anyway, can I just exchange it for the boxed set without the sticker since they are identical anyway?
(I didn't open the packaging or anything so everything is still sealed)