(DEAD) Wal-Mart - LotR Theatrical Trilogy Blu-Ray w/ $10 Hobbit Cash - $13

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Just received mine. The first outer box/slip (with the hobbit money sticker) is kind of beat up on one side because Walmart shipped mine in a loose package with no padding. Can I just take my receipt and packing slip with the boxed set to a local Walmart and get it exchanged for another boxed set?

I took the hobbit sticker off before I noticed the damage but since B&M Walmarts are sold out of the hobbit stickered ones anyway, can I just exchange it for the boxed set without the sticker since they are identical anyway?
(I didn't open the packaging or anything so everything is still sealed)

I opened mine and they'll let me swap it out 1 for 1 as long as it's the exact same item. You should be fine. I took off the hobbit cash because I knew the store ones don't have it and that was sorta the reason I bought it.

#62 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Hrm... Just got mine, and haven't been following the recent updates in this thread, so the $5 off instead of $10 off thing came as an unpleasant surprise. Debating returning it now because I already have the extended edition box and don't really feel the need to own the theatrical edition. Anyone know if there are any special features on this set that aren't on the extended version?

There are definitely bonus features with the theatrical editions that aren't in the extended edition set (the bonus disc is the SAME DVD that came with the original theatrical release DVDs), but they're all pretty much fluff-filled promotional pieces and trailers... not anything that I've had ANY desire to see since I got rid of the theatrical DVDs ages ago.

#63 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

Aren't all the special features on the theatricals different from the extended?

#64 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Aren't all the special features on the theatricals different from the extended?

I know they were with the DVD versions way back, but I didn't want to make any assumptions about the contents of this particular set, since the packaging says nothing about the special features beyond the fact that there are three DVDs of them.

Anyway, I'll probably end up keeping it if for no other reason than that I don't have the time/interest to make a special trip to Walmart...