I Am Legend (Ultimate Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] $14.99 @ amazon

I didn't even like this movie that much and I"m thinking of picking it up again. First got the 2 disk because I liked the cover, then ran across a good deal on the steelbook, now I'm seriously considering this.

I also have the canadian steelbook (which I believe has the alternate ending, though I haven't opened it yet). Still, I'm seriously considering picking this up.

Can anyone comment on the quality of the exclusive motion comments and Jada shorts?

I actually got this earlier this year for less then $10 on amazon marketplace. Just wait and one will turn up on ebay or half, or amazon marketplace for less.

You can get a new digital copy code from warners site, just need the old one. This is a title where they moved the expiration date to 2017.

But the bad news, it's not a itunes copy. It the old warners digital copy where you have to download warners playback software. Which sucks.

I got this exact edition for $20 three years ago and also raged with the non-iTunes Digital Copy woes. "Not compatible with Apple Macintosh and iPod devices," it reads, so the new 2017 expiration date won't do much good. The alternate ending really makes a difference though, IMO, for those who may not have liked its third and fourth acts.

While I agree that the alternate ending does make the film better, I still can't forgive the script writers for utterly and completely throwing away the genius of the original story's twist and the whole meaning behind the "I am Legend" title.

The Alternate Ending really saved this movie IMO. I still have my HD-DVD copy which was one of the last titles Warner released on the format (along with Twister). Is it worth "upgrading" to Blu for this one?

[quote name='etcrane']This movie ruined an amazing story ... that is all[/QUOTE]

[quote name='etcrane']While I agree that the alternate ending does make the film better, I still can't forgive the script writers for utterly and completely throwing away the genius of the original story's twist and the whole meaning behind the "I am Legend" title.[/QUOTE]

Out of all the "I Am Legend" adaptations, my favorite is still The Omega Man. Sure, it's a flawed film, and shows its age by 2012. But the atmosphere was light years ahead of the Will Smith version. Last Man On Earth also is decent (again, imho). But none of them compares to Heston mowing down the Family with a grease gun.

bread's done
Back