Tempting.........

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#3 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Thanks BoBo, picked up Gran Turismo, it'll probably end up being $10 somewhere but this deal is good enough for me considering NewEgg don't charge me tax.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#4 AllFrankedUp

AllFrankedUp

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Thanks. I think it's time to finally pull the trigger on GT5.

648665.png

#5 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

Thanks OP, snagged HR: Directors Cut.

#6 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

great deal on gran turismo

#7 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

Bought HRDC for $20 at AMZ and it's still sealed because I was caught up in Tales F and Borderlands 2.....
CAG fail....

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#8 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

I am tempted on both of these and have been watching for a price drop. I wonder if either of these might become a PS Plus title in the near future...

#9 Treythalomew

Treythalomew

Add me on PSN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

I am tempted on both of these and have been watching for a price drop. I wonder if either of these might become a PS Plus title in the near future...

If GT does it sitll probably wouldn't include all the dlc that is in this version.
Posted Image

#10 perfectmf1386

perfectmf1386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

Does anyone know how much all the DLC goes for and if its worth it to get this rather than purchase it on the PSstore?

#11 roomyexample61

roomyexample61

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

Gran Turismo for me need to burn some time until XCOM comes out!
http://www.games4free.uni.me/xcom/

#12 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

great deal on gran turismo

that forum pic is elite

Hand__Of__God.png

#13 def PD

def PD

jack of all trades, master of none

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

MF. I forgot that I had purchased GTXL over a month ago on Amazon (for $20) but was on backorder and completely forgot about it. Just received it yesterday in the mail. Could've saved $4 on a game that I probably will never get around to touching. LOL

"Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity."
- Henry Hartman

My Games
http://club.ign.com/...ef_PD&mode=vown

#14 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

great price on both games. i bought the vanilla versions when they first came out and got a great deal of enjoyment out of each

Currently Playing
:ps3: Tales of Symphonia

DahkX.png

#15 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

Posted Image

#16 wolverinevsx23

wolverinevsx23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

Does this version of GTXL have a 9-10GB install like the vanilla copy did? Anyone know?

#17 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

Seems I should be able to get $12-15 for my vanilla GT5. So I think I will take this upgrade for the extra cars and DLC (and hopefully will be able to clear the 2.0 related patches off my hDD, since that's an extra 1GB or 2GB above and beyond the huge install).

#18 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

Been meaning to actually play through Heavy Rain. Thanks op!

#19 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

Does this version of GTXL have a 9-10GB install like the vanilla copy did? Anyone know?

The standard version install actually wasn't "mandatory". The loading times were just unbelievably bad if you don't install.

I'm thinking MAYBE that at least some of the patches can be on disc, and not have to be installed. But even that is not certain. I feel pretty certain that the main 10GB install would still be necessary to avoid egregious loading times.

#20 wolverinevsx23

wolverinevsx23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check deeper into the Sony forums perhaps.

#21 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

Saw the GT5 XL deal on Techbargains but didn't see the HR: DC deal. Just purchased both, thanks OP!
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#22 Spirin

Spirin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

Damn! I hesitated on GT earlier while I was at school, it's out of stock now. Will pick up Heavy Rain, thanks OP!

#23 SoulEdgeVII

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:39 AM

Is this the best version of GT5? Is the Academy Edition coming out in the U.S. or just Europe?

#24 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:12 AM

There's no way in hell I would install 10 GB on my PS3. Don't have the space. I usually like to keep at least 10 GB free so that the PS3 runs better. Wasn't Heavy Rain: DC $10 last Thanksgiving at Walmart? I can see it being $10 again next month. $16 is still too much for a game that has been out for a while now.
<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#25 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:28 AM

picked up heavy rain thanks op
Posted Image

#26 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:35 AM

In for HR: DC....thanks for heads up OP!

#27 def PD

def PD

jack of all trades, master of none

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

According to the back of the case, the install is roughly 2.5gigs. I believe all the patches and 2.0 version stuff is included on the disc for this version of the game.

"Success always comes when preparation meets opportunity."
- Henry Hartman

My Games
http://club.ign.com/...ef_PD&mode=vown

#28 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

Posted Image

I don't understand why sony does this. You want put "Greatest Hits" on the cover? That's fine, you expect me to put a sickening red case in the middle of my ps3 collection? Out of your f'n mind.

I would rather buy the standard edition in a clear case and buy the DLC over having a disgusting bright red case on my shelf.

There's no way in hell I would install 10 GB on my PS3. Don't have the space. I usually like to keep at least 10 GB free so that the PS3 runs better. Wasn't Heavy Rain: DC $10 last Thanksgiving at Walmart? I can see it being $10 again next month. $16 is still too much for a game that has been out for a while now.

What size HDD do you have? I put a 500gb drive in 2 years ago and i barely have half of it full. If you have anything under that i suggest buying a 500gb drive and throwing it in, literally takes 2 minutes to install.

#29 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

Posted Image

I have 300+ ps3 games on the shelf, 0 red cases. Granted two of those games came in red cases but i swapped them out into clear ones

#30 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

I have the original 160 GB drive that came with the PS3. I do have a WD 500 GB drive I had purchased to replace the HD, but I didn't want to risk losing all my game saves, DLCs and things. Don't have a PC large enough to hold all the save files. Seems too much trouble really to install the 500 GB drive. I should have installed it before, but I couldn't remember my online login password if I remember correctly. :roll:

I don't understand why sony does this. You want put "Greatest Hits" on the cover? That's fine, you expect me to put a sickening red case in the middle of my ps3 collection? Out of your f'n mind.

I would rather buy the standard edition in a clear case and buy the DLC over having a disgusting bright red case on my shelf.

What size HDD do you have? I put a 500gb drive in 2 years ago and i barely have half of it full. If you have anything under that i suggest buying a 500gb drive and throwing it in, literally takes 2 minutes to install.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png