Gran Turismo 5 XL & Heavy Rain Dir Cut $15.99 Newegg

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 fyrflash1969

fyrflash1969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

You can redownload your dlc, get ps+ and move your saves to the cloud drive.

#32 nwaugh

nwaugh

thread killa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

I have 300+ ps3 games on the shelf, 0 red cases. Granted two of those games came in red cases but i swapped them out into clear ones

Are there 300 games worth owning on the PS3?

200?

100?

#33 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Only Heavy Rain: DC has a GH case - GT: XL is a regular case with reversible art.

#34 BryanDGAF

BryanDGAF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

Are there 300 games worth owning on the PS3?

200?

100?

There's at least 300 movies to be seen on the ps3

#35 Spirin

Spirin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

Just FYI, Gran Turismo 5 XL is back in stock! Ordered both GT5 and Heavy Rain.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879261376

#36 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

Sweet, picking up GT5XL, thanks for the heads up.

#37 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

Good looking out

#38 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

$16 is what I got for trading in GT5 at Best Buy. Getting it from Newegg for $16 is a no brainer with $20 worth of dlc included along with all the patches upto 2.0.

#39 S_G

S_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

Thanks for the heads up!

#40 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

Sweet, GT5 XL back in stock today. :D It showed OOS when I looked Thu and I didn't look yesterday so it could have been back in stock earlier; but either way I'm glad it is. It may drop lower than this but $16 for the original game and most of the dlc seems pretty good to me.

The only GT I've played before is GT3 - one of my friends in college had it and loved it cuz he was really into professional racing and technical car stuff. I liked the game just from a racing perspective but all the technical stuff was too much for me; I didn't know crap about all that back then. But I've still been interested in this one between how good it looks and the positive reviews I've read and heard so thanks for the heads up OP. :)

Lol, whoops didn't see this before I posted. :oops:

Heavy Rain is a fun game too if you're not a complete action junkie. Great story and fun exploring different paths. A word of advice though, do not get the dlc for the game if it doesn't come with the version that's being sold now. I think I payed $5 for it and it's not worth $1. It lasts all of 5-10 minutes and is really boring so that's definitely one I regret. But the regular game is great. :bouncy:

I have 300+ ps3 games on the shelf, 0 red cases. Granted two of those games came in red cases but i swapped them out into clear ones

Damn dude, that's insane, lol. Do you have a Backloggery account; I'd love to see what all you have there? :D I have 182 PS3 games currently, which is by far the most I've ever owned for a console/handheld. Although some of that includes dlc chapters for games, HD collections and however many games are on the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, so it depends on how you count those I guess. But anyway, I thought I had a huge PS3 collection...until now. :razz:

Edited by JanusDS, 06 October 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#41 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Sweet, GT5 XL back in stock today. :D It showed OOS when I looked Thu and I didn't look yesterday so it could have been back in stock earlier; but either way I'm glad it is. It may drop lower than this but $16 for the original game and most of the dlc seems pretty good to me.

The only GT I've played before is GT3 - one of my friends in college had it and loved it cuz he was really into professional racing and technical car stuff. I liked the game just from a racing perspective but all the technical stuff was too much for me; I didn't know crap about all that back then. But I've still been interested in this one between how good it looks and the positive reviews I've read and heard so thanks for the heads up OP. :)

Lol, whoops didn't see this before I posted. :oops:

Heavy Rain is a fun game too if you're not a complete action junkie. Great story and fun exploring different paths. A word of advice though, do not get the dlc for the game if it doesn't come with the version that's being sold now. I think I payed $5 for it and it's not worth $1. It lasts all of 5-10 minutes and is really boring so that's definitely one I regret. But the regular game is great. :bouncy:

Damn dude, that's insane, lol. Do you have a Backloggery account; I'd love to see what all you have there? :D I have 182 PS3 games currently, which is by far the most I've ever owned for a console/handheld. Although some of that includes dlc chapters for games, HD collections and however many games are on the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, so it depends on how you count those I guess. But anyway, I thought I had a huge PS3 collection...until now. :razz:

I should make a backloggery account, I've heard of it. There's a thread somewhere on here called like "show us your game collection", mine is average to small in comparison to some of theirs. I don't count games per disc though, that seems silly to me. Add another 200+ psn games to that grand total though to give you a better idea of a ridiculous back log

#42 iHack

iHack

1337 H4X0R

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Posted Image

Is this definitely the GH version? How do you guys know that? I can't seem to find out if it is or isn't on NewEgg...
Posted Image

#43 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Snagged GT5 XL for 2.17.

(Used my 15 dollar "gift card" I got for getting a i5 Ivy less then 2 weeks ago.)
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#44 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

My copy of Gran Turismo arrived today. There's no shrink wrap plus the case was cracked. Anyone else get something similar? I haven't had time to test the DLC code yet.

#45 BigBizzee

BigBizzee

I feel asleep....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

I received a perfect sealed copy of GT5XL...

#46 Spirin

Spirin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:28 AM

I received a perfect sealed copy of GT5XL...

Same here, kinda bummed it didn't arrive together with HR since I ordered them together at the same.

#47 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

Not sure what was up with mine then, it all happened before being packed because the chunk of plastic from the case was missing in the envelope. There was no packing slip either. Luckily the dlc code worked so I'm not going to bother complaining.

#48 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:32 AM

Both games arrived in a bubble mailer on Tuesday with no issues.
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#49 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

Same here, kinda bummed it didn't arrive together with HR since I ordered them together at the same.

My copy of GT5 XL was perfectly sealed as well.
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#50 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

Just started playing Heavy Rain. Such an awesome game. Worth $16 for sure.

#51 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

two great deals!

#52 althe

althe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

Thanks OP. I wannta pick up Gran Turismo.

HR is very unique. I liked it. Great plot.
Jason! Jaaaaason! :)

Just started playing Heavy Rain. Such an awesome game. Worth $16 for sure.