Photo
- - - - -

The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1159 replies to this topic

#31 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

Never anything good at the Target I go to but I'm always on the look out.
If its free, its for me!!

#32 GTCrash

GTCrash

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

Target clearance has *finally* picked back up in my area, other than the toy clearance a couple months ago, it has sucked for almost 6 solid months. Lots of activity in electronics in the last 3 weeks, external hard drives, computer peripherals, digital photo frames, tons of headphones, finally a few games. I also got some nice SwissGear backpacks during back-to-school clearance, and apparently just missed out on the $30 refrigerators.

Hopefully it continues.

#33 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

Found 5 ps3 move cameras for $20.98 and 3 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2 for $4.54 for the xbox 360.

#34 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

seriously. i often wondered what the point of this series of threads was. bragging rights? if the clearances are unique to nearly every store, the hell is the point? my store has never, ever had the same clearances as reported, so what's the point of this thread?

Same here. I rarely see games on clearance at my Target.
Posted Image

#35 drakma676

drakma676

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

Someone mention beforeo everything was deleted that pes 2013 was going to be marked down. Is that starting next week? Cause only 1 of the 7 targets in my city has the game.

#36 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

The Target I was at was sold out of Angry Birds but they found another Targer nearby with one left and called to confirm the physical inventory. While we waited for the call back, I asked if I could get a raincheck and the rep said only if it was on sale. I told him the tag on the shelf stated $14.98. He talked to a few MODs and they waited around for the call back to see if the other store would honor it. The other store wouldn't so they let me pick another $30 dollar game and sold it me for $14.98.

#37 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

Grabbed Euro trip for $2.56 Online item....

Tradelist   (Nintendo / Sony)  (Disclaimer for Paypal:  I will not send gift payment as this is a violation of  both CAG and Paypal ToS, Rules, UA et cetera, nor will I cover the fees, unless it is one  of Paypal's exceptions {e.g. Repayment of a purchase made for me.})

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#38 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

Lots of last year's EA Sports game half off at my store. No Baller Beats markdown. Balls.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#39 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

A few weeks ago my Target had a ton of Fifa 2012 still in the case. I thought I'd check to see if they have been marked down since 2013 is out and none were to be found. No way they sold all of the 2012 copies. I wonder what happened with them?
One copy of Baller Beats but still listed at retail price.

#40 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Bumping to sub..

#41 slppedyoursster

slppedyoursster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

Spoke to a (knowledgeable) Target employee last night and he said that in the next week or two, the whole electronics section would be revamped for the WiiU and the upcoming holiday season. I mentioned that I had noticed a lot more stuff on clearance than usual and he said that the trend should continue due to the reorganization of the electronics dept.
As far as clearance items that were at my local Target (Cincinnati) - it was mostly last year's sports titles for all major platforms and prices listed in the OP - Baller Beats was still MSRP :(. And a TON of iPhone, iPad, and other smart device related accessories. One more thing, because end caps are small, you will find multiple end caps in the same row with clearance items - especially before/during reorganizations - so take your time and look around.

#42 JohnnyBeeGoode

JohnnyBeeGoode

I think Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PS4) is fantastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

Charleston, SC

OP Updated

Batman: The Brave and the Bold :wii: $9.98
FIFA 12 :ps3:/:360:/:wii:/3:ds:/Vita $14.98
Mario Sports Mix :wii: $24.98
Fortune Street :wii: $24.98

Saw the NHL 12, Madden 12 games on all Platforms at $14.98 as listed in OP, too. I think it may be starting to turn around (the Clearance Aisle, that is...)
Posted Image

#43 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

Spoke to a (knowledgeable) Target employee last night and he said that in the next week or two, the whole electronics section would be revamped for the WiiU and the upcoming holiday season. I mentioned that I had noticed a lot more stuff on clearance than usual and he said that the trend should continue due to the reorganization of the electronics dept.
As far as clearance items that were at my local Target (Cincinnati) - it was mostly last year's sports titles for all major platforms and prices listed in the OP - Baller Beats was still MSRP :(. And a TON of iPhone, iPad, and other smart device related accessories. One more thing, because end caps are small, you will find multiple end caps in the same row with clearance items - especially before/during reorganizations - so take your time and look around.

Did you see Fifa 2012 Xbox in clearance (and how much)? If so which Target in Cincy? I'll have to make that trip if yes. Thanks.

#44 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

Saw a first party 3ds cradle charger and some random Vita accessories today (screen protectors and some shells with game designs on them like Little Deviants and Wipeout) for 50% off.

#45 JohnnyBeeGoode

JohnnyBeeGoode

I think Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PS4) is fantastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

Did you see Fifa 2012 Xbox in clearance (and how much)? If so which Target in Cincy? I'll have to make that trip if yes. Thanks.

Hey Bro, I think you meant to respond to my post (re: FIFA 12), I found it in Charleston, SC and there were plenty to be had; like more Clearance Games than I have seen since last Summer (2011).

And re: the CAG who spoke to the 'knowledgeable employee', based on what I saw today, your intel, is dead on; there were two end-caps full of games (and plenty of shovelware, too) but I haven't seen that many actual (physical) video games in over a year.
Posted Image

#46 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

found a 3ds Mario Bundle for 99.98...didnt really need it but for that price I had to do it....maybe give it as a gift for christmas or try to get it adjusted to cheaper at a different target.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#47 slppedyoursster

slppedyoursster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

I did not see Fifa but they did have a handful of NHL '12 for $28 on the 360 and I am pretty sure one copy of Madden '12. The Target was Oakley/Hyde Park (Marburg Avenue).

A couple of things they had and I forgot to mention were the Wii Crossbow (at least 10 of them) for $15???/each. And, on a different end cap was PS3 Eye Camera for $20???? - may have been $15. I don't own a Wii or PS3 so I was not looking too hard at the prices.

#48 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

Saw lots of Wii Zappers ($12.48) and PS3 Eyes ($19.99). The Baller Beats for $30 that I saw earlier were all gone.

#49 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

Tried to edit current items, I don't know if it worked though. Price drop on NHL 12 360/ps3 spotted to 27.98 (2.00 lower), and Madden 12 PSP 9.98 (5.00 lower), was going to add others but i'm not sure exactly how to copy all of the color links without messing it up so i will write them here, let someone add for me.

:3ds:
Battleship 207 02 1387 $13.98

:ds:
Sims 3 207 02 0956 $20.98

:wii:
Happy Feet 2 207 26 1147 $9.98

:360:
airflow controller 207 00 0030 $19.98
Nyko Power Pack 207 00 0091
Nyko Intercooler STS 207 00 1028 $12.48

All as of 10/4/12

#50 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

Picked up the last copy of Angry Birds Trilogy for 3DS for $14.99. It rang up as $29.99 but there was a clearance sticker on it so they had me bring it to guest service and adjusted it.

Nice deal, that had to be a mistake, wasn't it just released?

#51 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Nice deal, that had to be a mistake, wasn't it just released?

It was $15 here too

http://i.imgur.com/TQg40.jpg

#52 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

found a 3ds Mario Bundle for 99.98...didnt really need it but for that price I had to do it....maybe give it as a gift for christmas or try to get it adjusted to cheaper at a different target.

Including the 3ds?!?

#53 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

It was $15 here too

http://i.imgur.com/TQg40.jpg

nice! too bad it's only 3ds though, If the console was $15 I'd play for trophies and flip. I think the console ones are a 2 for 40 trade deal at gamestop. even though it's free on iphone/kindle fire, etc.

#54 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

found a 3ds mario bundle for 99.98...didnt really need it but for that price i had to do it....maybe give it as a gift for christmas or try to get it adjusted to cheaper at a different target.

dpci #?

#55 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

nice! too bad it's only 3ds though, If the console was $15 I'd play for trophies and flip. I think the console ones are a 2 for 40 trade deal at gamestop. even though it's free on iphone/kindle fire, etc.

Beware, it's estimated to take 300 hours to complete the trophy/achievement set

#56 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

Is there a trick to getting an item adjusted? I bought an item and then it went on clearance shortly after. I wanted to return it and rebuy it but they said that I'd have to let it get sorted through the back room then put back on the shelf and buy it then. Made no sense to me. They didn't have any more in stock.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#57 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

Is there a trick to getting an item adjusted? I bought an item and then it went on clearance shortly after. I wanted to return it and rebuy it but they said that I'd have to let it get sorted through the back room then put back on the shelf and buy it then. Made no sense to me. They didn't have any more in stock.

The trick is to find a customer service employee who will let you perform the return/rebuy. Best method is to tell the employee you want to change the payment method on the item, say from one credit card to another or from credit card to cash. Then they will more than likely begin the return/repurchase transaction, and hopefully by the time they realize the price difference (IF they even realize it) when they re-scan the item for purchase, you will have quickly swiped your credit card through the card reader and it will be in effect a completed transaction.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#58 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

:360:
Portal 2 14.99 online ID: 13077530

I tossed my receipt already... sorry no DCPI. I did not see any :ps3: copies available and it only shows :360: online. Spoke with a cust service rep who said the SKU is discontinued.

#59 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Is the Nyko Intercooler STS worth getting. My 360 S seems to get a bit hot.
If its free, its for me!!

#60 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

ohh... new fresh thread.. will keeping an eye on this! thanks for the update!