Photo
- - - - -

The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1159 replies to this topic

#931 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

Usually the first monday after Xmas has some decent stuff because of the online returns.

Found a M-270 Mobility 7" Android Tab for 20$ new. 99.99 list price. Online return. Couple other decent assorted deals.

Amazing Spiderman 3DS 7.98 only game deal I saw.

#932 vicktor

vicktor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Found Tekken 6 Greatest Hits PS3 for $5.98 DPCI: 207-24-1706 On target's website Tekken 6 DPCI: 207-24-0305 There is a sticker over the UPC: 814349017236 I wonder if this is a leftover from Black Friday? There was a display of Greatest Hits for $20 if I remember correctly. Might be worth checking in the displays for more Greatest Hits with UPC stickers.

#933 mikkymuffins

mikkymuffins

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Got Transformers Dark of the Moon Autobots :ds: for $3.04. It's probably terrible but I'd pretty much buy any Target clearance game at that price.
Posted Image

#934 czissis

czissis

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Store by work had a few copies of :360: Singularity for $27 and a copy of :ps3: Rayman Origins for $13.

Didn't buy either.

#935 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

Good thing you didn't. Singularity is just $19.99 at BB:

http://www.bestbuy.c... xbox&lp=1&cp=1

My Target had a few copies of Chainsaw Lollipop (Xbox), but it was ringing at full $39.99. I though I saw somewhere in this thread that it's on clearance. :???:

#936 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

It is. I got it for $11.98 today.

#937 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Grabbed :360: Ice Age: Continental Drift $8.98 and :360: Rayman Origins $5.98

#938 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:33 AM

It is. I got it for $11.98 today.

I mentioned that to the associate that assisted me and he said that clearance is not always the same across all Targets. Is that true? I guess I should just keep on watching it until they slap a sticker on it or move it to the clearance bin.

#939 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

I mentioned that to the associate that assisted me and he said that clearance is not always the same across all Targets. Is that true? I guess I should just keep on watching it until they slap a sticker on it or move it to the clearance bin.

Yup. All Target clearance is YMMV (Your Merchant May Vary). It can also be very regional as to what you'll find and where, like the lucky SOB who found a Resident Evil 6 Anthology on clearance. :D

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#940 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

YMMV stands for "Your Mileage May Vary," actually - a petty issue to address, granted. :p

edit: Googled it for kicks. I guess some people like to shove whatever they want in for that first M, but Mileage is what I most commonly see or assume.

On topic, I want Lollipop Chainsaw at $11.98 :D But I saw no noteworthy drops at one Target in town this past Monday, so I didn't even bother going to the other. Hope it wasn't a mistake...

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#941 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

Yup. All Target clearance is YMMV (Your Merchant May Vary). It can also be very regional as to what you'll find and where, like the lucky SOB who found a Resident Evil 6 Anthology on clearance. :D

YMMV stands for "Your Mileage May Vary," actually - a petty issue to address, granted. :p

edit: Googled it for kicks. I guess some people like to shove whatever they want in for that first M, but Mileage is what I most commonly see or assume.

On topic, I want Lollipop Chainsaw at $11.98 :D But I saw no noteworthy drops at one Target in town this past Monday, so I didn't even bother going to the other. Hope it wasn't a mistake...

It is 100% mileage, since it accounts to both aspect of obtaining this deal.

The first part is finding the price, which could work with either meaning. However, the other part is finding stock, which is where the whole mileage concept comes from. Additionally the concept works in other contexts, like getting a deal that violates a companies policy. Like when Saints Row 3 CE was on sale at TRU, some people were able to get the match without any effort, where as had to deal with BB calling locations to see if they could find stock as per BB policy. The same goes for using a coupon with a price match, return rebuy or several other things that are bound to work if you try enough stores / locations.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#942 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

E3 @tokyostomp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

Store by work had a few copies of :360: Singularity for $27 and a copy of :ps3: Rayman Origins for $13.

Didn't buy either.

at my local store it is showing as 19 and change. there is a sticker that states thats it has a copy of prototype

#943 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

Yeah, I actually requested him to look up the DPCI of RE6 Anthology too. No luck.

#944 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

Also had a few copies of Singularity (360) at my local store, for ~$19. Funny because you can get a new one on Amazon for less than that.

#945 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

Saw lollipop chainsaw for 360 and PS3 at my target, but it still rang up for $39.99 :(. Gonna check the Target by my work tomorrow

#946 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

I couldn't pass this up, I was able to get this for $40 + tax. Something to drive to work or to the store now, it's pretty cool and goes like 15MPH. Picture in spoiler for proof.

Spoiler

!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#947 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

Saw lollipop chainsaw for 360 and PS3 at my target, but it still rang up for $39.99 :(. Gonna check the Target by my work tomorrow

These were $11.48 or something like that at my Target.

#948 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

I couldn't pass this up, I was able to get this for $40 + tax. Something to drive to work or to the store now, it's pretty cool and goes like 15MPH. Picture in spoiler for proof.

Spoiler

nice. in the sporting section?

#949 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Spoiler

That's awesome, especially at that price! I'd so drive that thing to work and around my neighborhood.

#950 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

at my local store it is showing as 19 and change. there is a sticker that states thats it has a copy of prototype

Don't be surprised if that offer is long expired.

#951 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Wasnt going to look seeing as my fav local had only Neverdead 20+ copies, NHL 12 20+ copies and Ratchet and Clank FFA 20+ copies at $13 waiting for that magic 5 price point. But two items that were in the mix were Brunswick Bowling Kinect and MT vs ATX Alive ps3 for $1.56 a piece labeled AS-IS. Picked up both of them. Thanks to the cagger who reminded me about the online return boost. Unopened games for under $3.50 for the kids to goof around with yes please :)
Posted Image

#952 kinjutsu11

kinjutsu11

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

It is 100% mileage, since it accounts to both aspect of obtaining this deal.

The first part is finding the price, which could work with either meaning. However, the other part is finding stock, which is where the whole mileage concept comes from. Additionally the concept works in other contexts, like getting a deal that violates a companies policy. Like when Saints Row 3 CE was on sale at TRU, some people were able to get the match without any effort, where as had to deal with BB calling locations to see if they could find stock as per BB policy. The same goes for using a coupon with a price match, return rebuy or several other things that are bound to work if you try enough stores / locations.

I always used Market, not mileage. Especially since 90% of these clearance deals never fly in my area, theres a lot of high volume targets so I don't see a lot of those deals, especially the vita ones. But to each his own, its not like its mandatory to use the right one ;)

#953 czissis

czissis

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Spoiler

That is freaking awesome. Congrats on the find.

#954 yedgee

yedgee

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Picked up these today:

Batman Arkham City (PS3) - $8.98
Mortal Kombat (PS3) - $5.98

Both are the vanilla versions.
Word.

#955 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

nice. in the sporting section?

It was on one of the bottom back racks. Not sure how long it had been out and I'm surprised no one had bought it. It weighs almost 70 pounds and it wasn't very fun trying to get it up to my upstairs apartment.
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#956 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Not the type of gaming we all are into but I found a bunch of leap pad games on clearance ($17). Not the greatest deal but these things never get very cheap. Picked up a couple for my son this morning.

#957 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Not the type of gaming we all are into but I found a bunch of leap pad games on clearance ($17). Not the greatest deal but these things never get very cheap. Picked up a couple for my son this morning.

TRU had a few decent sales a few times during the holidays. Came out to about $13 a piece.

#958 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

TRU had a few decent sales a few times during the holidays. Came out to about $13 a piece.

Damn, how did I miss those sales?! Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep a eye out for future sales at TRU.

#959 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I bought a couple of games for my son during the holiday sales at TRU. Will check Target. I'm planning to get either a leap pad 1 or 2. Would spending more on the newer version be worth it in your opinion?

#960 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Spoiler

The wife annoyance-to-dollar ratio on this is unprecedented.