Best Buy Ad 10/7 - 10/13

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

gonna have to see if they got any phone deals this coming week. What they got going on that ends today is $50 All samsung phones
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#32 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Has anyone seen if Aliens still has a slipcover? it looks like my Best Buy does not have any, its not a big deal but it would have been nice if Aliens had a slipcover.

Posted Image

#33 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

WWE's CM Punk - Best in the World BD and DVD comes out Tuesday also. Fucking Best Buy doesn't have it listed either.

I only came into this thread in hopes that they would list this movie. I hope it's 20 bucks or under at least.

Has anyone seen if Aliens still has a slipcover? it looks like my Best Buy does not have any, its not a big deal but it would have been nice if Aliens had a slipcover.

I've seen Aliens 1 and 2 with slips. Not 3 for some reason.

#34 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

WWE's CM Punk - Best in the World BD and DVD comes out Tuesday also. Fucking Best Buy doesn't have it listed either.

On the website 17.99 DVD 21.99 Blu. Likely will be that price. 16.99 for the Blu is good enough for me. I got 22 fresh DVDs to trade thanks to my new Bond box set, hopefully I can find a few things worth picking up.

http://www.bestbuy.c...tegories&ks=960

#35 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

If you can wait, im more than sure the com punk bio will be on netflix before december. Ive watched about every wwe bio and I enjoyed every single one. My favorite might of been the Y2J one.

#36 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

Definitely going to take advantage of the U2B and pick up the following:
-Prometheus 3D
-ET (Blu-ray combo pack - not a fan of the Digibook things)
-It's Always Sunny S7
-Predator
-Predator 2

I'll probably scoop up a bunch of Disney/Ghibli movies on a 2nd trip too. :D
Posted Image

#37 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

Was in another city and decided to go into Best Buy... and all their DVDs and Blu-rays were mixed together. It was just one big movie section with everything in alphabetical order without regard to format. Was rather annoyed by it so I simply stopped browsing. Why would they do something like this?

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#38 ThisHnmdsmeDevil

ThisHnmdsmeDevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:19 AM

Was in another city and decided to go into Best Buy... and all their DVDs and Blu-rays were mixed together. It was just one big movie section with everything in alphabetical order without regard to format. Was rather annoyed by it so I simply stopped browsing. Why would they do something like this?

Walked into my home BB and they redid.there movies the same way, I like it

#39 neoz

neoz

I Know Kung Fu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:35 AM

It's a terrible idea imo.

I really hope that my BB doesn't do this. Since they are a smaller one I think I'll be ok.

#40 KOPITARRULEZ_11

KOPITARRULEZ_11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

It's a terrible idea imo.

I really hope that my BB doesn't do this. Since they are a smaller one I think I'll be ok.

There all doing the this all the best buy's are remodeling for a better store plus they need room for all new tablet station in the center of the store. LOL

#41 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

I really hope they all don't do this. It is hard enough to find things now. Hell I have had 3 or 4 employees looking for something for me at one time all because one couldn't find it so they asked someone else, then that person couldn't find it so they asked someone else. I then noticed it after 5 minutes of all of us looking and decided to see how long it would take them to find it. About a half hour later I decided my amusement was over. It was bad enough having movies in 10 different spots. Changing it so that all the SD and BD movies are together is going to make it worse.
Posted Image

#42 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Picked up Green Lantern: EC, Oblivion Island, and Scott Pilgrim using the U&S deal. GL was 12.99.

Not sure what other Blu-rays to buy. Not interested in most of the $9.99 deals and the stuff I really want is cheaper on Amazon/eBay even with the coupon. Was hoping to get Bolt in order to get the free ticket to Wreck It Ralph, but I am not paying $25-$30 for it. Tempted to upgrade my Nightmare Before Christmas DVD, but that stupid blue Disney bar makes the slipcover look awful. Though I suppose I could get the BR, take the disc out and sell the rest on eBay like I did on Rescuers. I do have a spot in my Up BR case...

EDIT: Oh, my local Best Buys have also rearranged the movies section. The closer, smaller one truncated everything into 3 shelving units (plus new release spotlight shelves) while the larger one simply combined DVDs and Blu-rays together while still keeping genres separate. Both cut out a ton of anime though.

Edited by DNukem170, 09 October 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#43 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

I thought I might be able to just pick up the regular Prometheus Blu-Ray. But after reading a few reviews, it seems that the 4-Disc 3D package includes an extras disc with a massive 4-hours worth of behind-the-scenes documentaries. Apparently it was all produced by a highly acclaimed documentary director with an all-access pass during shooting and production. I love these sorts of extras, that provide an in-depth exploration of a film's creation from beginning to end. So now I'm going to have to spend a few extra dollars for the bigger, better 3D Prometheus set. It's not so bad, the 3D for that film was actually quite good.

#44 outcastjon

outcastjon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

I'd like to know if someone has tried to match the Toys r' Us ad for E.T. and/or Rock of Ages. Their ad has them both listed for $14.99, but doesn't state for DVD or BluRay. I have tried looking up at their site using the web codes for the items listed in the ad, but neither comes up.

#45 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

Picked up E.T.

For those interested...
The ITunes digital copy gives you the regular version, hd version, and the extras.

If only all companies did their digital copies like this...

#46 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

Picked up E.T.

For those interested...
The ITunes digital copy gives you the regular version, hd version, and the extras.

If only all companies did their digital copies like this...

I know I still can't believe The Avengers Digital copy wasn't HD.

#47 outcastjon

outcastjon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

I tried matching the Toys r' Us ad, but it was a no go on the price match and UGS coupon together.

#48 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

Picked up Prometheus last night. I didn't have a chance to start watching it, though. The rest of the week is pretty busy for me, I might not be able to share impressions of the special features until later. I'll probably write a blog post about it.

While I was in Best Buy, I asked around about the Universal Classic Monsters collection that came out recently. It has been getting great reviews, and I've always been a monster movie nut. But I found that Best Buy is apparently not carrying that set in store. I might have to swing over to Amazon to pick it up.

#49 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

I know I still can't believe The Avengers Digital copy wasn't HD.

The Avengers was complete and utter bullshit. SD iTunes and no UV. That sucked.

#50 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

The Avengers was complete and utter bullshit. SD iTunes and no UV. That sucked.

Pretty sure that Disney has no plans to go UV since they use their own system for the vast majority of there stuff when it comes to cloud video. They probably don't even like giving the iTunes version anymore.
Posted Image

#51 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:54 AM

Seems like The Dictator will be $5 next week with the $5 coupon. If you need to see the ad now, goto bluray.com.

I would post, but I doubt I would do as good as a job as the OP.

#52 jmillion

jmillion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

cant believe shows no copies of CM Punk Best in the World(bluray) at any stores. Anyone's stores get this in stock?
Posted Image

#53 Deman93

Deman93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

cant believe shows no copies of CM Punk Best in the World(bluray) at any stores. Anyone's stores get this in stock?

I went and got mine yesterday. It was in the Sports/Fitness section and New Releases section. There seemed to be plenty Blu-Rays and DVD box sets each.

#54 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

Is there an ad for next week yet?

#55 xbox_mole

xbox_mole

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

Pretty sure that Disney has no plans to go UV since they use their own system for the vast majority of there stuff when it comes to cloud video. They probably don't even like giving the iTunes version anymore.

Disney has their own version of Cloud Based movies that they are still working on. It will not work with UltraViolet. Their technology is called Keychest and is rumored to be part of the their Disney All Access intiative.

#56 jmillion

jmillion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:03 AM

I went and got mine yesterday. It was in the Sports/Fitness section and New Releases section. There seemed to be plenty Blu-Rays and DVD box sets each.

Then probably best to just go in, guess they just dont have it listed online then. thanks
Posted Image

#57 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

I think I'll bite on Nightmare Blu-Ray as I was intending to see Frankenweenie anyways.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image