[PC] XCOM Enemy Unknown $29.99

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 pieczonka

pieczonka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:34 AM

I still think it funny no one can find where steam says this is wrong other then saying they will ban you form doing illegal actions "duh". Is there a lawyer on the site that can state what region laws are other then what people assume they are I sure the hell do not know what they are, but people sure like to define the law like they know. oh well freedom of speech right? I guess this is a sore subject to each there own. i DO not think anyone wanted to cause an up-roar so calm down and buy games cheap like a cagger should legally of course

#32 remoteman213

remoteman213

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

Steam will not ban you for activating a cd key from another region unless the key requires a vpn to be activated (against the SSA) or the CD key reseller sold you a stolen key and steam thinks you stole it. In this case you could probably explain the situation to steam support and, if you had enough evidence, get your account back with a warning.

If the publisher seriously didn't want the game to be activated in other regions, they would have imposed regional restrictions that check the ip address when the game is activated. I know some games that do this (mafia 2).

CDKeyHouse seems to be one of the more reputable cd key resellers so I think it's safe enough to shop with them.