Photo
- - - - -

Mass Effect 1 now on PSN! Impressions, info, play streams inside!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

Do the achievements work the same? With small bonuses to all your characters when you earned them. Also more importantly does the save data carry over from game to game?

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

Let me induce some Audio/Visual Hallucinations.
Oh look those thought bubbles are back, hello yellow box word friends.
ach.png

#32 Teh Nitwit

Teh Nitwit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Bastards!

They ruined the hacking minigame (ME1)! They replaced it with a stupid "twichy finger" challenge, where you have to press the right button fast enough. I hate it so much that I'm regretting getting it.

#33 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

Thread on NeoGAF has some details. ME1 requires a HDD install even from disc of about 4.7GB. Load times seem comparable to the 360 version. Comments suggest that it runs about the same, not noticeably better or worse, than the original 360 version which the port is based on (opposed to the PC version).

http://www.neogaf.co...t=501913&page=5

Apparently the EU version has individual cases for each game:

Posted Image

If NA got that full packaging and not just the fold-out disc holsters I might be temped to buy the trilogy version...

Nope it's the foldout thing like on the 360 version. Also is there a video anyway showing the difference in the hacking mini-game?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#34 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

The door hacking in ME1 was the same as it was on the xbox. They put the face-buttons on the screen and you have to click them quickly as they flash. Are you talking about the mission on the Citadel where you have to hack that computer (if so, i can't remember that).
Spoiler

#35 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite thread on CheapAssGamer!

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#36 KidSqueek

KidSqueek

Hero of Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

I wish Mass Effect 1 would come in its own case like the European version. Would go awesome along with the other two.

#37 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:45 AM

I'll pick up ME1 when it goes on sale on PSN. Backlog is way too long to justify paying full price for it.

Currently Playing
:ps3: Tales of Symphonia

DahkX.png

#38 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

I'm about 8 hours in and am enjoying it. Its definitely harder than the sequels, and the controls are clunkier. But the extra team management is more fitting for an RPG and its a bummer they took away those details in the later games.

In 8 hours its only froze on me once. Load times off the hard drive haven't been too bad.

But oh my Shaq-Fuing god. The autosave is NOT at all like the other games. Make sure you save before entering any fight, because a death will mean 10-20 minutes of back-tracking. ME2&3 did such a great job bringing you right back to the minutes leading up to your death that I wasn't prepared for how poorly ME1 autosaves.

#39 WRXKayaker

WRXKayaker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

I'm about 8 hours in and am enjoying it. Its definitely harder than the sequels, and the controls are clunkier. But the extra team management is more fitting for an RPG and its a bummer they took away those details in the later games.

In 8 hours its only froze on me once. Load times off the hard drive haven't been too bad.

But oh my Shaq-Fuing god. The autosave is NOT at all like the other games. Make sure you save before entering any fight, because a death will mean 10-20 minutes of back-tracking. ME2&3 did such a great job bringing you right back to the minutes leading up to your death that I wasn't prepared for how poorly ME1 autosaves.

Be sure to save often during the Mako missions. They are the worst as far as back-tracking goes.

Currently Playing:   :pc: Batman: Arkham Origins     :ps3: Far Cry 3

Recently Completed:    :pc: Bioshock Infinite   :ps3: GTA V

Steam Profile

#40 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

Be sure to save often during the Mako missions. They are the worst as far as back-tracking goes.

Yeah I learned that the hard way. Ugh!