Asura's Wrath - $18.76/$18.69 PS3/X360

[quote name='adamical']Anybody got an opinion on this game? I'm interested, but don't know if I'm interested enough to buy it.[/QUOTE]

To make it short. Most agree it is a good game but they feel jipped that the "true" ending is in the dlc and want to wait for a complete edition but that will not likely happen due to poor sales even if they are capcom.

I bought it when it was $30 and loved it. The game is on the short side, maybe six hours if you speed through it (but lots of replay if you want to get S rank) and a lot of QTEs.

this game i had a lot of fun with

very short like 7-8 hrs
very good and touching story
real ending is in dlc
after every 30-45 minutes you will see credit roll,get a flash back before a new episode starts of what happened in the past few episodes to catch you up

its like a tv serial into a video game where gameplay is 5% quick time events

i bought it for 40 and bought dlc, don't expect this game to get any GOTY or complete edition. most stores don't even carry this game so under $20 is a awesome deal.

[quote name='tuffguycore']Either way, even without the DLC the game is a blast and I rebought it to try and get all of the S ranks I can.[/QUOTE]

S rank is quite hard on some of the stages but its fun

the main character is like kratos yells,shouts and really pissed off

[quote name='showtimefolks']S rank is quite hard on some of the stages but its fun

the main character is like kratos yells,shouts and really pissed off[/QUOTE]

I personally think the whole cast is hilarious, and I've said it in the other threads, it just reminds me of an awesome DBZ style anime.

And yeah, I only have S rank I think on 5-7 levels last I checked, so it's gonna be a challenge.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I believe it was the same price on Newegg a week or so ago.[/QUOTE]

$15.99 and yeah it was a week ago. Still a very good deal. You can also argue that it could reach $10 by Black Friday.

[quote name='showtimefolks']this game i had a lot of fun with

very short like 7-8 hrs
very good and touching story
real ending is in dlc
after every 30-45 minutes you will see credit roll,get a flash back before a new episode starts of what happened in the past few episodes to catch you up

its like a tv serial into a video game where gameplay is 5% quick time events

i bought it for 40 and bought dlc, don't expect this game to get any GOTY or complete edition. most stores don't even carry this game so under $20 is a awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

I think you forgot a zero in that QuickTime events are more like 50-70% of game play. The only reason there is fighting and shooting in this game is to build up your meter to start the interactive movie that this game is.

I just beat it last night actually (non dlc). It was fun and over the top and i enjoyed that. However 30% of the game the controller wasn't even in my hand and you can play half the "game play" with one hand.

I'll say i got my $10 out of it but that's really stretching it. It has many pros and cons

Are you all talking about S rank on hard? Because i found it awfully easy to S rank on normal. Hell, 33% of your score is "how good can you press the triangle button"

thanks OP, I've been waiting for this for a while. Maybe not the BEST price, but good enough for me.

if you loved dragon ball z as a kid, you will love this "game". one of my favorites that i like to rent out to friends so they can experience it too.

[quote name='shadowkast']I think you forgot a zero in that QuickTime events are more like 50-70% of game play. The only reason there is fighting and shooting in this game is to build up your meter to start the interactive movie that this game is.

I just beat it last night actually (non dlc). It was fun and over the top and i enjoyed that. However 30% of the game the controller wasn't even in my hand and you can play half the "game play" with one hand.

I'll say i got my $10 out of it but that's really stretching it. It has many pros and cons

Are you all talking about S rank on hard? Because i found it awfully easy to S rank on normal. Hell, 33% of your score is "how good can you press the triangle button"[/QUOTE]

i agree this game was in desperate need of more gameplay

[quote name='alexkidd4']Is it true the real ending is DLC?[/QUOTE]
The following spoiler explains how the ending fits into the flow of the game, but doesn't actually reveal any story-related details:
The first time you play through the game you'll get an ending that seems conclusive and feels pretty satisfying. On your second playthrough you unlock the "real" version of the final chapter, which adds a cliffhanger to the original ending that leads into the DLC storyline.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='taylort3']if you loved dragon ball z as a kid, you will love this "game". one of my favorites that i like to rent out to friends so they can experience it too.[/QUOTE]

there's a mild chance you just talked me into buying it.

I found this game entertaining, but there's not a lot of game. You're not missing out on much by not playing, but just watching on youtube.

Here's all the cut scenes in one video. If the video is 5 hours 50 minutes and the game takes 6 hours to beat; that leaves you with 1hr 10min of game play?!?!

Just an FYI, this is now $16.99 for both :360: and :ps3: with free shipping (Shoprunner eligible) at Newegg, no promo code required.

bread's done
Back