• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

http://www.amazon.co...378933&sr=1-288

I've been wondering when this was finally going to drop for both PS3 and X360.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#2 adamical

adamical

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

Anybody got an opinion on this game? I'm interested, but don't know if I'm interested enough to buy it.

#3 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

There's a lot of opinions in this thread http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=329114

#4 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Anybody got an opinion on this game? I'm interested, but don't know if I'm interested enough to buy it.

To make it short. Most agree it is a good game but they feel jipped that the "true" ending is in the dlc and want to wait for a complete edition but that will not likely happen due to poor sales even if they are capcom.

I bought it when it was $30 and loved it. The game is on the short side, maybe six hours if you speed through it (but lots of replay if you want to get S rank) and a lot of QTEs.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#5 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

There's a lot of opinions in this thread http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=329114

Oh damn, guess I should have followed that thread more. I could have sworn that it was X360 only for awhile.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

Either way, even without the DLC the game is a blast and I rebought it to try and get all of the S ranks I can.

#7 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

this game i had a lot of fun with

very short like 7-8 hrs
very good and touching story
real ending is in dlc
after every 30-45 minutes you will see credit roll,get a flash back before a new episode starts of what happened in the past few episodes to catch you up

its like a tv serial into a video game where gameplay is 5% quick time events

i bought it for 40 and bought dlc, don't expect this game to get any GOTY or complete edition. most stores don't even carry this game so under $20 is a awesome deal.

#8 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Either way, even without the DLC the game is a blast and I rebought it to try and get all of the S ranks I can.

S rank is quite hard on some of the stages but its fun

the main character is like kratos yells,shouts and really pissed off

#9 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

S rank is quite hard on some of the stages but its fun

the main character is like kratos yells,shouts and really pissed off

I personally think the whole cast is hilarious, and I've said it in the other threads, it just reminds me of an awesome DBZ style anime.

And yeah, I only have S rank I think on 5-7 levels last I checked, so it's gonna be a challenge.

#10 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Was $14.99 at gamefly. That's all I know.

I believe it was the same price on Newegg a week or so ago.

#11 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

I believe it was the same price on Newegg a week or so ago.

$15.99 and yeah it was a week ago. Still a very good deal. You can also argue that it could reach $10 by Black Friday.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#12 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

this game i had a lot of fun with

very short like 7-8 hrs
very good and touching story
real ending is in dlc
after every 30-45 minutes you will see credit roll,get a flash back before a new episode starts of what happened in the past few episodes to catch you up

its like a tv serial into a video game where gameplay is 5% quick time events

i bought it for 40 and bought dlc, don't expect this game to get any GOTY or complete edition. most stores don't even carry this game so under $20 is a awesome deal.

I think you forgot a zero in that QuickTime events are more like 50-70% of game play. The only reason there is fighting and shooting in this game is to build up your meter to start the interactive movie that this game is.

I just beat it last night actually (non dlc). It was fun and over the top and i enjoyed that. However 30% of the game the controller wasn't even in my hand and you can play half the "game play" with one hand.

I'll say i got my $10 out of it but that's really stretching it. It has many pros and cons

Are you all talking about S rank on hard? Because i found it awfully easy to S rank on normal. Hell, 33% of your score is "how good can you press the triangle button"

#13 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Its been hovering around that price for over 2 weeks. I'll grab it when it hits $15.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#14 gordo789

gordo789

Freebasing Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

thanks OP, I've been waiting for this for a while. Maybe not the BEST price, but good enough for me.

#15 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

if you loved dragon ball z as a kid, you will love this "game". one of my favorites that i like to rent out to friends so they can experience it too.

#16 alexkidd4

alexkidd4

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

Is it true the real ending is DLC?

#17 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

I think you forgot a zero in that QuickTime events are more like 50-70% of game play. The only reason there is fighting and shooting in this game is to build up your meter to start the interactive movie that this game is.

I just beat it last night actually (non dlc). It was fun and over the top and i enjoyed that. However 30% of the game the controller wasn't even in my hand and you can play half the "game play" with one hand.

I'll say i got my $10 out of it but that's really stretching it. It has many pros and cons

Are you all talking about S rank on hard? Because i found it awfully easy to S rank on normal. Hell, 33% of your score is "how good can you press the triangle button"

i agree this game was in desperate need of more gameplay

#18 Tom Ato

Tom Ato

Vine Ripened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

$16.99 at newegg + free ship

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879233060
Like video games and bad writing? Then buy my book! Only $.99 for kindle!

http://www.amazon.co...tmm_pap_title_0

#19 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

Damn, tough call...I think I'll grab it when it's under $15 since I'll probably get the DLC...maybe.

#20 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

Is it true the real ending is DLC?

The following spoiler explains how the ending fits into the flow of the game, but doesn't actually reveal any story-related details:
Spoiler

Edited by Thrinn, 05 October 2012 - 03:22 PM.

#21 Backlash2332x

Backlash2332x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

if you loved dragon ball z as a kid, you will love this "game". one of my favorites that i like to rent out to friends so they can experience it too.

there's a mild chance you just talked me into buying it.

#22 2n2

2n2

Pro game backlog builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

I found this game entertaining, but there's not a lot of game. You're not missing out on much by not playing, but just watching on youtube.

#23 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

Here's all the cut scenes in one video. If the video is 5 hours 50 minutes and the game takes 6 hours to beat; that leaves you with 1hr 10min of game play?!?!

#24 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

Just an FYI, this is now $16.99 for both :360: and :ps3: with free shipping (Shoprunner eligible) at Newegg, no promo code required.