Photo
- - - - -

GameFly Weekend PC Game Deals: Battlefield 3 $10, Spec Ops, Civ 5, Darkness 2 $7.50,

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#61 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:46 AM

really wish id have checked here and seen the code before ordering, oh well.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#62 fyrflash1969

fyrflash1969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

Picked up Spec Ops for that price, figured why not?

Damn that game is good. Im ex army, and this game is way better than BF3 and MW at simulating war. I love it so far.

#63 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

Thanks CheapyD and thanks NightWing228. Spec Ops for $5.99 -- yes, please!

#64 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:20 AM

Dang it missed the code too, but got Spec Ops should be in OP.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#65 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

I desperately want to play Spec Ops, but sadly my computer is four years old and wasn't top of the line then. Any guesses when the console version will drop in price?

#66 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:31 AM

I desperately want to play Spec Ops, but sadly my computer is four years old and wasn't top of the line then.

Did you try Spec Ops Demo on Steam and see how it runs on your rig...?

#67 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

Thanks CheapyD and thanks NightWing228. Spec Ops for $5.99 -- yes, please!

Ditto, I picked it up as well.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#68 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

Pretty sure I am in for Spec Ops and Civ V GOTY for a whopping $16. I spent almost that much on dinner tonight. Thought about Skyrim but even with the discount it's over $28, so I'll keep waiting.
Posted Image

#69 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

Decided to grab Torchlight II, love the 1st one and beta tested the 2nd great game, reminds me of old diablo II. 15.99 after coupon.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#70 swift fix

swift fix

first person gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

Grabbed Spec Ops, installed it, and am having a lot of fun with the campaign. Great buy at $5.99!

#71 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

Damn. The code plus those deals on The Darkness 2 and Spec Ops was just too good. Plus, that they give Steam codes was great.

Yeah, just above $5 per game is my limit where I doubt any deal short of the company just giving the game away free is going to make me have a single regret.

I don't sweat $1-2. Plus, no tax for me. Unexpected since it seems like every store not Steam or Amazon just charges tax now whether it makes sense or not, but Gamefly is another to be added to the list.

Awesome deals.

#72 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

Grabbed Spec ops. I'll play it at some point... after borderlands and torchlight II
Posted Image

#73 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

Damn. The code plus those deals on The Darkness 2 and Spec Ops was just too good. Plus, that they give Steam codes was great.

Darkness 2 and Spec Ops: The Line both require Steam flat-out (like many 2K Games released in recent memory have done), so they (GameFly) kind of have no choice in the matter, in a sense...
...Either that or GameFly don't sell the game at all; or they have to talk to 2K about maybe releasing Non-Steam versions, if they want one there.
GameFly doesn't seem to care about that kind of politics - $$ talks, so... [shrug]

I remember back when D2D for a short time stopped selling Steam games, until the amount of backlash they got from D2D members and tons of sales they saw others getting from MW2 alone (since MW2 PC required Steam)...
I remember when Stardock has Impulse (before GameStop bought them out), NO Steam versions were allowed on Impulse.

Yeah, just above $5 per game is my limit where I doubt any deal short of the company just giving the game away free is going to make me have a single regret.

I don't sweat $1-2. Plus, no tax for me. Unexpected since it seems like every store not Steam or Amazon just charges tax now whether it makes sense or not, but Gamefly is another to be added to the list.

Awesome deals.

I think that all depends on a few things - what State you live in (and whatever their rules are for taxes); if there are any servers located in your area (for you to DL the game from); and if the service decides to charge tax or any other fees (or not).

#74 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Did you try Spec Ops Demo on Steam and see how it runs on your rig...?

Thanks for the suggestion! I didn't realize there was a Steam demo.

It runs smoothly on low, and choppy as hell on high. I figure I'll bite and tweak the settings until I can balance the two.

#75 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

I'm wondering the same thing. I hope I don't have to download a client to obtain the key.

(edit) I just installed the software, then uninstalled it after I got the key. It installs Adobe AIR, so make sure you remove that if you do the same.

(edit2) And then they sent me an email with the key, so the client should be unnecessary.

Thanks. I was about to reinstall the Gamefly client and saw your post so I knew to check my email.

#76 ebok007

ebok007

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

Dang it missed the code too, but got Spec Ops should be in OP.

Crap, seconded. Guess I shouldn't have rushed to grab it after seeing the initial sale price, who would have thought it could be any cheaper?

#77 Xealot42

Xealot42

Psi-Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:51 AM

Grabbed Spec Ops for $6!

Thanks for the heads up.

STEAM | XBL | PSN | MY BACKLOG

#78 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

For anybody interested in Dishonored, the coupon code brings it down to $48. That's $3 more than Green Man Gaming but you can pre-load now from Gamefly. No ETA on keys yet from GMG.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#79 Cpt.Jeff

Cpt.Jeff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

Bought Spec Ops last night. Beat it this afternoon. AWESOME game. Played on Hard for 7 hours.

Has one of the most epic firefights I have ever had in a game period. Story is fantastic.

#80 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

Thanks for the tip on the game & promo code. Bought Spec Ops for $6 - after I read that it is based on the book The Heart of Darkness, I had to get it. (FYI: The Heart of Darkness was also the basis for the movie Apocalypse
Now
. More info on the book can be found here.)

Also pre-purchased NBA 2K13 for $24. I'm happy! Thanks again!

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#81 Nintendokid54

Nintendokid54

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

got BF3 from amazon and now spec ops... thanks CAG...

76561198020429748.png

#82 Fragonard

Fragonard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

Sweet, decided to pick up Spec Ops. Thanks!

#83 mentalward

mentalward

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

Grabbed Spec Ops for 6 bucks. Awesome!

#84 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Anybody willing to help me out and buy The Darkness II and Spec Ops: The Line for me, gamefly somehow keeps rejecting my CC, they both can be bought for $12 with the discount code. I will pay the $12 for the games plus I'll gift you Rochard or Psychonauts on Steam or a small paypal payment ($2-$3) for your troubles

got it, thanks sunghost

Edited by LazyTriangle, 07 October 2012 - 02:09 PM.

T9rTk6Q.gif

#85 salthekat

salthekat

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

I'm in the same position as lazytriangle ! anyone willing to help me out with buying spec ops for me?

#86 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

great deal. got spec ops. phenomenal game. is this a good deal for dawnguard with the 20% off? I'm thinking not so much probably best to wait

#87 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

In for $6 SpecOps. I've heard too many good things about the story to pass it up again.

76561197971332172.png

#88 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

great deal. got spec ops. phenomenal game. is this a good deal for dawnguard with the 20% off? I'm thinking not so much probably best to wait

The best deal right now is 25% off at greenmangaming.com using the coupon code on the front page.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/